Jump to content
  • Join us — it's free!

    We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rep Bet: Hall of Fame


Recommended Posts

  • Albatrosss changed the title to Rep Bet?---Hall of Fame

I'd say Fox and Sheshty 50% chance, Miller 20% chance.  No one else significant chance.

 

Fox was down a bit from his Norris year.  The next few years will tell if he's of HOF timber.  Many goalies have a Vezina season but don't sustain it.  Lundquist was rare in terms of being among the top half dozen goalies every year for a long period.  Sheshty certainly has the tools.  Sustaining it as a goalie is hard.

 

LaF's ceiling is pretty high but probably below HOF.  There are players with 500 goals who are not in it these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fox is the best chance.

 

Shesterkin outside chance tempered by his tendency to get injured so far.  Things like that tend to get worse as you age.

 

Nobody else on the team has established a chance at this point.  If Panarin plays to 40 he'd probably do it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolutely Panarin. 

Maybe Shesterkin,  but I have a feeling he doesn't end his career with the Rangers. I don't see them giving him more for his next contract.  Guys already 26, will be 27 in December.  Do you wanna pay a goalie upward of 6 mill these days? That's what it may take. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Phil changed the title to Rep Bet: Hall of Fame
54 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Panarin - lock if healthy

 

Fox - lock if healthy

 

Shesterkin - likely if healthy

 

Zibanejad - likely if healthy - pacing to be around the Sedin twins production and they just got in - will probably break 1000 points

 

Yes, yes, no, no.

 

Shesterkin is great, but he's not going to put up the numbers he'll need to break the hall because he didn't come over until he was like 25?

 

Zibanejad is gonna be like Mogilny or Turgeon. Also not making it. But he'll have a really good career.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

 

Yes, yes, no, no.

 

Shesterkin is great, but he's not going to put up the numbers he'll need to break the hall because he didn't come over until he was like 25?

 

Zibanejad is gonna be like Mogilny or Turgeon. Also not making it. But he'll have a really good career.

Shesty too early to really say but if he puts up 2 or 3 Vezina seasons, he could be HOF material. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Shesty too early to really say but if he puts up 2 or 3 Vezina seasons, he could be HOF material. 

 

It's possible but most of the greats have the games played to get the wins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

 

It's possible but most of the greats have the games played to get the wins.

Right. But he came over late so there’s not as much mileage on his body. It is possible he’s got another 10 excellent years in him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Panarin is a lock as long as he don't fall of a cliff now. With his entire undrafted thing and won the calder over McJesus. Already got 570 points (in 508 games) so he has a good chance of 1000+ while being a p/pg over his entire career.

 

Fox and Shesty are both still young and already won the most prestigious trophy they can win as individuals (Norris and Vezina). As long as they stay healthy they should both have a good chance.

 

Outside chance for Zib and Kreids, but that would require atleast one Stanley Cup and Kreids would need to go down as a lifetime NY'er while captaining the team to a cup or two.

 

You never know with Laf, but I doubt it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Phil said:

 

Yes, yes, no, no.

 

Shesterkin is great, but he's not going to put up the numbers he'll need to break the hall because he didn't come over until he was like 25?

 

Zibanejad is gonna be like Mogilny or Turgeon. Also not making it. But he'll have a really good career.

 

Henrik was 23 his first year here. Belfour was 25. Hasek was essentially 29 in his first season as a starter, but he came absolutely ripping onto the scene - much like Igor. Hasek, though completely different stylistically, is actually who I would compare Igor to the most in terms of career trajectory and immediate dominance. I will stand by it that Igor is that good, and if...if...if...he remains healthy, he will have a similar run of dominance with a handful of Vezina trophies when he's done.

  • JIMMY! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I think Panarin is a lock as long as he don't fall of a cliff now. With his entire undrafted thing and won the calder over McJesus. Already got 570 points (in 508 games) so he has a good chance of 1000+ while being a p/pg over his entire career.

 

Fox and Shesty are both still young and already won the most prestigious trophy they can win as individuals (Norris and Vezina). As long as they stay healthy they should both have a good chance.

 

Outside chance for Zib and Kreids, but that would require atleast one Stanley Cup and Kreids would need to go down as a lifetime NY'er while captaining the team to a cup or two.

 

You never know with Laf, but I doubt it.

 

Yeah, I see Panarin in the Bure mold. Bure was cut down by injuries, which Panarin has thankfully not had to endure in any serious manner, but like Shesterkin, he came over so late, so he's gonna rack up an incredible amount of points in a short period of time and get in based on impact, not longevity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Panarin is 30 and he has 187 goals and 569 pts in his NHL career with no Cups in the cupboard.

 

He's maybe a 2% chance to go to the HoF at this point.

 

5 more years and he's likely to have 320 goals and 975 pts or so.  That's not a Hall of Fame career unless you won a few cups along the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Panarin is 30 and he has 187 goals and 569 pts in his NHL career with no Cups in the cupboard.

 

He's maybe a 2% chance to go to the HoF at this point.

 

5 more years and he's likely to have 320 goals and 975 pts or so.  That's not a Hall of Fame career unless you won a few cups along the way.

 

It might be based on the Bure scale. 437 goals, 779 points in 702 games. Assuming his health remains in tact and he plays another 410 games over the next five years (82 game seaons, he'll have your approximate 975 points in 918 games, give or take. 1.06 P/GP. That's right in line with Bure (1.10).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...