• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rep Bet: Hall of Fame

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You're the Sean Avery of the board then. You want to talk to me about being banned?

i dont like you mara wilson GIF

dont turn this around on me.  im not the one who's going into permabanned HOF.  

btw, Pete fits much better into Sean Avery of the board profile

2 hours ago, Phil said:

It might be based on the Bure scale. 437 goals, 779 points in 702 games. Assuming his health remains in tact and he plays another 410 games over the next five years (82 game seaons, he'll have your approximate 975 points in 918 games, give or take. 1.06 P/GP. That's right in line with Bure (1.10).

Lindros also never won a cup.  372 goals, 865 points in 760 games (1.14).  

1 hour ago, Long live the King said:

Lindros also never won a cup.  372 goals, 865 points in 760 games (1.14).  

That, and Lindros "changed" the position. So even if you don't think his points/games is justified, he's in on that fact alone. I mean, he literally got so many scrubs paid just to be "like Lindros." Chris Gratton laughed all the way to the bank.

7 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Are we going to have this stickied for 15 years or so? lol

Panarin and Shesterkin are highly likely. Adam Fox a good possibility.

If you look at the best players who have not been named to the HOF, I think you would conclude that Panarin is more likely to find himself among them than among the inductees.

11 hours ago, Sod16 said:

If you look at the best players who have not been named to the HOF, I think you would conclude that Panarin is more likely to find himself among them than among the inductees.

Yeah, fair enough. He could be one of those "Hall of the Very Good" kind of players. I was just naming good possibilities.

23 hours ago, Phil said:

It might be based on the Bure scale. 437 goals, 779 points in 702 games. Assuming his health remains in tact and he plays another 410 games over the next five years (82 game seaons, he'll have your approximate 975 points in 918 games, give or take. 1.06 P/GP. That's right in line with Bure (1.10).

Bure had 437 goals and he was part of a very good Vancouver team that never won a Cup.

I think he was a marginal Hall of Famer.

To get into the Hall Panarin is either going to have to score more goals or have the Rangers become a consistent contender and probably win a Cup or two.