• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Is Panarin's Contract a Detriment to the Team?

Capt
Message added by Phil,

This conversation is being broken out from the "What Happens at Center?" thread because it's better to be had in its own dedicated thread than to continue to bump a now fairly useless thread about center depth. Please keep Panarin contract talk here.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

That's interesting. I've wanted Radulov here for years but he looked absolutely cooked the last two years. I mean, he had four goals in 71 games last season. Four.

I've got some buyers remorse on Copp, but I don't think you can compare the two. Radulov would probably have been in place of Motte, on their fourth line. For the price, I'd rather Motte.

not sure about Radulov on the fourth line.  I think they were hoping he'd play with Panarin, since the RW position on that line was open.  And i think once Copp's trade was being finalized, Radulov was quickly forgotten.  

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

not sure about Radulov on the fourth line.  I think they were hoping he'd play with Panarin, since the RW position on that line was open.  And i think once Copp's trade was being finalized, Radulov was quickly forgotten.  

I mean, it's possible. Makes some sense. But it's entirely reasonable that they would prefer Copp to Radulov.

Another think Panarin mentioned in the video is that he didnt want Strome to be traded but understood that it was business.  He said they were very close on and off the ice.  Very close friend off the ice where they would call each other on off days, and so fourth.  He sounded upset when talking about Strome's departure.  And when asked about Trouchek, Panarin just kept talking about Strome.  

poor bastard

Edited by CCCP

1 minute ago, Phil said:

I mean, it's possible. Makes some sense. But it's entirely reasonable that they would prefer Copp to Radulov.

who wouldnt?  Radulov, like you said, scored four goals in 70+ games.  That sucked.  Copp is young and there was a chance we'd sign him if he'd played well.  

4 hours ago, Phil said:

Wasn't Copp brought in to be the 3rd line center? And.   Never played center. 

Radulov or Vatrano on Panarins or Zibanejads wing.  Copp centering a new 3rd line... Motte on the 4th line. Goodrow in either a 3rd or 4th line wing role 

I didn't understand why they didn't stack the roster and grab a shit ton of depth at the deadline. I don't remember how much cap space they left on the table.

Could've had Radulov and Kessel as extra forwards for shits and giggles at the cost of absolutely nothing. 

Just read that Panarin is in Russia.  any concern that he gets stuck there?  He doesn't have a great  relationship with Putin.  I believe Kaprisov is having trouble leaving.  With all that happened two years ago and Panarin reportedly taking leave to address issues in Russia then is it not something to worry about.  Clearly Putin is even more psychotic now and has zero to lose.  Seems to me Panarin should get out of there as soon as possible.

Edited by Capt

Kaprisov is here in the US. Whoops wrong quote. Meant for Capt

Wild superstar Kirill Kaprizov is safe and sound in the United States, according to multiple NHL sources. He left Russia late last week by way of Turkey, arrived over the weekend in New York City and is scheduled to fly to Minnesota on Tuesday

https://theathletic.com/3467569/2022/08/01/kirill-kaprizov-russia-minnesota-wild/

Edited by Keirik

2 hours ago, Capt said:

Just read that Panarin is in Russia.  any concern that he gets stuck there?  He doesn't have a great  relationship with Putin.  I believe Kaprisov is having trouble leaving.  With all that happened two years ago and Panarin reportedly taking leave to address issues in Russia then is it not something to worry about.  Clearly Putin is even more psychotic now and has zero to lose.  Seems to me Panarin should get out of there as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Kaprisov is here in the US. Whoops wrong quote. Meant for Capt

https://theathletic.com/3467569/2022/08/01/kirill-kaprizov-russia-minnesota-wild/

This was meant for you just to let you know Kaprisov is back in the US. 

• 5 weeks later...