• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Flyers Acquire Tony DeAngelo From Hurricanes; Signs 2-Year/$10m Contract ($5m AAV)

5 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

That team is a total fucking dumpster fire. Good grief.

Can we all please stop trashing the Flyers? I feel like we're begging to somehow barely miss playoffs with the Flyers taking the WC or 3rd division seed from us lmaooo

14 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Is throwing sticks a common occurrence? 

No, but I’m incidents based around Brad Marchand and is a pretty poor way to try and prove a point. Did Panarin not throw equipment at the same guy?  Did Marchand not lick someone? Did Prust not spear Marchand? Did Marchand not punch Jarry? Has Marchand not been suspended like 6 times? 

notice who the common denominator is in all this…Marchand has gotten under the skin of half the league. I fail to see how it proves anything

Edited by Keirik

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

No, but I’m incidents based around Brad Marchand and is a pretty poor way to try and prove a point. Did Panarin not throw equipment at the same guy?  Did Marchand not lick someone? Did Prust not spear Marchand? Did Marchand not punch Jarry? Has Marchand not been suspended like 6 times? 

notice who the common denominator is in all this…Marchand has gotten under the skin of half the league. I fail to see how it proves anything

Similar lists of all the things Tony has done have been posted numerous times.  This is just another Tony temper tantrum. 

58 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Similar lists of all the things Tony has done have been posted numerous times.  This is just another Tony temper tantrum. 

Lol okay well now we are making stuff up.

I get he’s not for everyone and fuck him but let’s be realistic here. 

4 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Is throwing sticks a common occurrence? 

MacKinnon threw a helmet at & hit a player and slashed a ref within the last year. Not to mention some questionable head shots. 

• Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

I thought he was throwing the stick to try to block the puck not trying to hit Marchand.  

He was. But it’s Deangelo so when he does it, we can all make giant leaps to a conclusion that it’s more than the Cane player that breaks his stick into shards over the goal post 2 seconds later 

9 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Trying to justify Tony's actions by bringing up things other players have done isn't evidence of Tony growing up. 

And trying to use throwing a hockey stick  with 30 seconds in a game isn’t evidence of anything except being frustrated with losing. But hey, hang your hat where you feel. And over analyze all day.

look, we will see what happens the next couple of years. He went without issue all last year. These next two years will likely be the “I told ya” for one side or the other. Not even sure why we are wasting time discussing something so trivial.

5 minutes ago, Keirik said:

And trying to use throwing a hockey stick  with 30 seconds in a game isn’t evidence of anything except being frustrated with losing. But hey, hang your hat where you feel. And over analyze all day.

look, we will see what happens the next couple of years. He went without issue all last year. These next two years will likely be the “I told ya” for one side or the other. Not even sure why we are wasting time discussing something so trivial.

Bro, that's the whole point.  When Tony gets frustrated he acts out because he's immature and can't control his emotions.  See also getting into a shouting match with Gallant in the very next series because, again, he was frustrated that he couldn't do shit against the Rangers.

As everyone else has been saying, easy to not get frustrated during the regular season when the Canes are first in the division/conference for most of the year.  The Flyers are junk.  There's going to be a lot of frustration.

Edited by Long live the King

Think Tortorella is very good hire for a team that needs a jolt.

But insane that Flyers never considered Gaudreau, a south NJ guy looking to come home, might become available. Such that signing ADA at a really big cap number has now precluded them from any chance of Gaudreau. 

1 hour ago, Long live the King said:

Bro, that's the whole point.  When Tony gets frustrated he acts out because he's immature and can't control his emotions.  See also getting into a shouting match with Gallant in the very next series because, again, he was frustrated that he couldn't do shit against the Rangers.

As everyone else has been saying, easy to not get frustrated during the regular season when the Canes are first in the division/conference for most of the year.  The Flyers are junk.  There's going to be a lot of frustration.

Bro, you’re missing the point. Getting  frustrated is part of the NHL. Emotions are part of the NHL. There are hours and hours of clips of guys throwing sticks, equipment, yelling at officials, coaches, obliterating sticks against the glass, goal, etc. 

It happens all.the.time. I’m not holding ADA to a higher level that the rest of the NHl when it comes to stuff like that. Is it silly? Yeah. Was it silly when Shesterkin slammed his goalie stick on the glass with two fans directly behind it last year? Yup. Sometimes emotion goes above reason. You’re looking at every little thing he does and extrapolating it into a narrative. Reaves last year was yapping at the oppositions coaching staff before a regular season game. It’s part of the game sometimes. 

why not just let it go and see how the year goes? I’m not changing your mind and you certainly aren’t changing mine or anyone else’s here. 

• Bullseye 2

As the kids used to say on AIM, rent free. 

and this childish shit is going to distract the rangers throughout the season. Just like Marchand, Perry, PK, Malkin, etc etc do every time they play them. 

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Bro, you’re missing the point. Getting  frustrated is part of the NHL. Emotions are part of the NHL. There are hours and hours of clips of guys throwing sticks, equipment, yelling at officials, coaches, obliterating sticks against the glass, goal, etc. 

It happens all.the.time. I’m not holding ADA to a higher level that the rest of the NHl when it comes to stuff like that. Is it silly? Yeah. Was it silly when Shesterkin slammed his goalie stick on the glass with two fans directly behind it last year? Yup. Sometimes emotion goes above reason. You’re looking at every little thing he does and extrapolating it into a narrative. Reaves last year was yapping at the oppositions coaching staff before a regular season game. It’s part of the game sometimes. 

why not just let it go and see how the year goes? I’m not changing your mind and you certainly aren’t changing mine or anyone else’s here. 

People are really pretending to get more uptight at DeAngelo on a stick throw that wasn’t even at Marchand (it was to troll him to try and block the empty net goal even though he knows it would be awarded anyway), than they do with frustrated players who two hand slash players in the back of the leg or cross check to the back of the neck in front of the net. Quite hilarious what gets people going just because it’s DeAngelo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rmc51 said:

People are really pretending to get more uptight at DeAngelo on a stick throw that wasn’t even at Marchand (it was to troll him to try and block the empty net goal even though he knows it would be awarded anyway), than they do with frustrated players who two hand slash players in the back of the leg or cross check to the back of the neck in front of the net. Quite hilarious what gets people going just because it’s DeAngelo.

I agree. 

ADA is an asshole whether he throws that stick or not. He's not ann asshole because the threw his stick, he threw it because he's an asshole. Every player has different motivation.