• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECF #6: Rangers @ Lightning — Got 'Em Right Where We Want 'Em... Again

Just now, The Dude said:

You dressed Dryden Hunt over your 2nd overall pick.

Simply dismantled the only line that has been consistently good through the playoffs. For Hunt.

I swear he's related to Gallant or someone in management. He has no business being in an elimination game over a top prospect who was on one of your better lines. 

Kakko is awful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dunny said:

40 minutes and I have them at two half chances. They're simply not in the same league as Tampa. Complete domination. 

Most disappointing part is having jumped out 2-0 can't say I saw this kind of collapse coming.  But not too surprising otherwise based on where each team is. Thanks to Igor still one prayer away from tying it up. But not sure there's one out there yet alone two that would be needed to win  this one as is.  They've had one 5v5 prayer answered in the last 12+ periods.  Embarrassing.

Gotta hope they learn from it, make adjustments to the roster and get after it next year. 

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

Up 2-0 in the series. Up 2-0 in game 3. Then boom. Adversity and played scared ever since. 

played like they didn't give a fuck who Tampa was up until then 

Now they're playing like scared bitches

• Bullseye 1

Just now, Morphinity said:

This is 2015 Game 7 all over again

I just asked my brother, is my sports fandom just teams that are either feeders of talent to dynasties or fodder on their way to championships. If the Rangers lose I'd hope to see the Jets do something or anything but be a joke but I know better than to get my hopes up with the Jets haha.

I'll take the blame on this.  When every piles fan or anyone not a Rangers fan told me bolts in 6 after game 2 ended, I said there is no fucking way Igor and the Rangers are losing 4 straight games after these past two games.  I knew the Rangers wouldn't sweep.  But there was no way this could happen.  Fuck.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You dressed Dryden Hunt over your 2nd overall pick.

Simply dismantled the only line that has been consistently good through the playoffs. For Hunt.

I swear he's related to Gallant or someone in management. He has no business being in an elimination game over a top prospect who was on one of your better lines. 

I think of the long term ramifications of scratching Kakko this offseason. It just baffles me.

22 minutes ago, Karan said:

Absolutely need to respond before the intermission. Fucking get everything on net, get in Vasy's face, garbage goal, tip, whatever it takes. Dig deep and find a way to fucking tie this up. 

RUN.THE.MOTHER.F@CKER! Like they do Igor

Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'll take the blame on this.  When every piles fan or anyone not a Rangers fan told me bolts in 6 after game 2 ended, I said there is no fucking way Igor and the Rangers are losing 4 straight games after these past two games.  I knew the Rangers wouldn't sweep.  But there was no way this could happen.  Fuck.

It has not happen yet, believe….

• Believe 1

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Islanders lost to these guys twice in the Conference Final. They know. 

2015 was way worse. That team was stacked and ready to win coming off of 14’

At this point I’m not even mad. Rangers crapped out and Tampa shed their rust and came to life. Bad combo. A series loss is not surprising after what transpired game 3. 

3 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

My Dad messaged me how impressed he was with the Rangers during game 3 after they went up 2-0, he doesn't get to watch them much and isn't really a fan, but that game was early and on german TV, since that message it's been all Tampa. lol

I still can’t figure out why they broke up every line except the one line that hasn’t done dick all playoffs. That second line has been terrible all playoffs, why are they still together? They don’t deserve to win this game playing this way. Man this sucks. Hoped there would be a better response by the team.