• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Lightning Round Three — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

15 hours ago, Myusername said:

As bad and mighty as the Avs are I think if we can get past Tampa we have a damn good chance to win the Cup. Avs defense and goaltending is somewhat suspect and exploitable. That is assuming they take care of the Oilers

Getting ahead, but neither Western team has a decent goalie. 

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You'd think the league would give the Rangers 2 games off between series. Isn't that the norm?

Hopefully the Rangers have enough gas in the tank. 2- 7 game series and no rest. 

Ride the high. 

No dice, they already scheduled Oilers/Avs for Tuesday/Thursday/etc.....for TNT which means that the Lightning/NYR got ESPN....Well ABC has the NBA Finals which is starting Thursday so they arent going to put Lightning/Rangers vs. NBA Finals against each other on the ABC/ESPN networks

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

If some hurricane didn’t stop us I highly doubt a little lightning stops us either! 

Lets Goooooooo

not to look too far ahead but to go through the hurricanes, lightning, and avalanche to win a cup would be, naturally, disastrous.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

Farg the pundits. I’m listening to NHL on Sirius and Mike Rupp that prick…barely acknowledged the HUGE Rangers win saying that when we scored 2 quick goals that it ‘took the CAR crowd out of the game’ and went in about how that effected the team. Suck my dead dog’s dick! If CAR was as good as you said they were, they should have mopped us. 

Plenty of talk about how NYR won’t be facing backup goalies next round. Those ‘in the know’ (supposedly) are already conceding Game 1 due to the extended layoff and are calling for TBL to make adjustments after that. 

But here’s the kicker, a couple of the co-hosts are calling NYR a team of destiny. Applauding Drury’s deadline moves and stating how well our new guys have fit in. (True) we’re getting props for getting better as the season wound down and restating the theme about how the team has learned plenty about playing playoff hockey. 

Damn this is fun!

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

5 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Farg the pundits. I’m listening to NHL on Sirius and Mike Rupp that prick…barely acknowledged the HUGE Rangers win saying that when we scored 2 quick goals that it ‘took the CAR crowd out of the game’ and went in about how that effected the team. Suck my dead dog’s dick! If CAR was as good as you said they were, they should have mopped us. 

Plenty of talk about how NYR won’t be facing backup goalies next round. Those ‘in the know’ (supposedly) are already conceding Game 1 due to the extended layoff and are calling for TBL to make adjustments after that. 

But here’s the kicker, a couple of the co-hosts are calling NYR a team of destiny. Applauding Drury’s deadline moves and stating how well our new guys have fit in. (True) we’re getting props for getting better as the season wound down and restating the theme about how the team has learned plenty about playing playoff hockey. 

Damn this is fun!

This ride has been ridiculously fun. It's why we stick it out for 82 games. Please doubt us, everyone has, and the team THRIVES under the weight. 

I freaking love this team and this forum. COME ONE, COME ALL, TO THE GREATEST ARENA OF ALL TO SEE THE BROADWAY BLUESHIRTS SLAM THE DOOR ON THE DOUBTERS!!!!!

LFGR!!!!

• The Chyt! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Believe 2

46 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Damn this is fun!

The time you want to worry is when they all jump onto the bandwagon not when they are still rationalizing why they didn't do it earlier and why they were right all along.  Fuck'em

1 hour ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

I do recall that about a year ego people were questioning Dolan's decision to fire the GM, HC, etc., and have Drury run the show. At that time, quite of few people had been dissatisfied with the decision, but Drury did really good with his hiring. Taking a team that had been mediocre for a few years to the ECF is really a great turnaround in one season.

This Rangers remind me of the '69 Mets and the '07 Giants. Neither of the were great, just good in their respective seasons. Yet, they hit the playoffs at the right time, played better, relied on each other and had resiliency just like the Rangers do now. The Bolts will learn on the hard way, that the Rangers aren't as easy as the Panthers were. For the Rangers, the Bolts will be just another bump in the road to the next round. There will be some games, where people want to trade Panarin, or practically everyone except Shesterkin, the coach is over his head, the refs suck, etc.. That's just on paar in the game threads...😉🤣 and as long the end results is what we expect in round three, they will look awesome in the final.

LFGR!!!

40 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I just saw that. Ray Ferraro has Tampa in 5? No one else has any other series ending in under 6 games.

Ranger hating douche. I hope he gets bird flu.

He shouldn't even be picking the game. Same for McDonough and that useless Emily Kaplan. As if I didn't hate ESPN enough already.