• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECSF #2: (2M) Rangers at (1M) Carolina Hurricanes — Check That Tone

Phil

BSBH Game Day Thread Logo
EASTERN CONFERENCE SEMI FINALS
GAME #2 — 5/20/22

NYR Logo Reflection  @  Opponent Logo Reflection

Time: 8:00 PM
TV: ESPN, SNE, SNO, SNP, TVAS
Radio: 98.7 FM, 107.1 FM, 710 AM, Sirius XM

USEFUL LINKS:

Coverage: @NYP_Brooksie@StapeAthletic@ColinSNewsday@vzmercogliano@MollieWalkerr

Team Official: @NYRangersNYR on Instagram

Official Team Websites: nhl.com/rangersnhl.com/hurricanes

GameCenter - here

Series Preview - here

SERIES SCHEDULE:

image.png

NYR Logo

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Chris Kreider (5)

Mika Zibanejad (8)

Mika Zibanejad (11)

Andrew Copp (+3)

Patrik Nemeth, Ryan Strome, Jacob Trouba (8)

Adam Fox (27:39)

Mika Zibanejad (22:10)

Starting Lineup:^

Chris Kreider A 🐎  / Mika Zibanejad A 🎧 / Frank Vatrano 🤌

Artemi Panarin 🍞 / Ryan Strome A 🧈 /  Andrew Copp 👮‍♂️
Alexis Lafrenière 🍩 / Filip Chytil 📈 / Kaapo Kakko 🇫🇮💩

Tyler Motte 💥 / Kevin Rooney 🦞 / Ryan Reaves 👊

Ryan Lindgren ☘️ / Adam Fox 🦊

K'Andre Miller 🔑 / Jacob Trouba A 🚂
Justin Braun 🧓 / Braden Schneider 📈

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Igor Shesterkin

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

4-3

Healthy Scratches:

Patrik Nemeth 💩 , Greg McKegg 🦷, Jonny Brodzinski 🥔, Julien Gauthier 🍁💩, Libor Hajek 🤡, Dryden Hunt 💩

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Sammy Blais 🩹[IR] — Knee surgery; Has begun skating with team

Barclay Goodrow 💰[DTD] — Broken ankle; week-to-week

Zac Jones — ♠️
Tim Gettinger — ♠️
Lauri Pajuniemi — ♠️
Nils Lundkvis — ♠️
Jarred Tinordi — ♠️
Matthew Robertson — ♠️

Opponent Logo

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Buncha Jerks (3)

Tony DeAngelo (7)

Tony DeAngelo, Jaccob Slavin, Teuvo Teravainen (8)

Jaccob Slavin (+9)

Nino Niedereiter (10)

Jaccob Slavin (23:15)

Sebastian Aho (19:28)

Starting Lineup:^

Andrei Svechnikov / Sebastian Aho / Seth Jarvis
Teuvo Teravainen / Vincent Trocheck / Martin Necas
Nino Niedereiter / Jordan Staal / Jesper Fast
Max Domi / Jesperi Kotkaniemi / Derek Stepan

Jaccob Slavin / Tony DeAngelo 💩
Brady Skjei / Brett Pesce
Brendan Smith / Ian Cole

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Antti Raanta

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

4-2-0

Healthy Scratches:

Steven Lorentz, Ethan Bear

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Jake Gardiner [IR] — Back
Frederik Andersen [DTD] — Lower Body

Jordan Martinook [DTD] — Lower Body

QUOTE(S) TO NOTE:

“The fact that we played three do-or-die games, I think as a group really, we talk about resiliency and character and all that stuff. But I think sometimes when you feel that, not just saying that, [it] really means something. This is a different beast, this [Carolina] team, obviously. They provide a different challenge. But at the same time, when we’re good, we’re worrying about our game. I think we just got to come out in Game 2 with a good effort.

— Ryan "Offensive Zone Penalty" Strome

CONTENT to BELIEVE:

fuckyoutony.jpg
  • LMFAO 2
  • Bullseye 1

Watching the other playoff games, I don't see any team that scares me.  They all have their weaknesses.  When the Rangers are playing their game, they can beat anybody.  Let's take it one game at a time and start tomorrow night and win the whole damn thing!

• Bullseye 1

It seems like the Canes are devastating when they have their relentless forecheck going, but they usually don't for 60 minutes.  They wouldn't have been taken to seven by the Bruins, winning the deciding game by one, if they did.  I think the last time the Canes were at MSG they were very tame for 30 minutes and then turned it up for the final 30.

So the key is to take full advantage of it when they are more or less hibernating.  We didn't really do this in Game 1, coming out of the first 40 with only one goal.  If we exploit their inevitable passive periods and hang on during their active ones, we can very much be in this thing.

• Keeps it 100 1

I have long thought this was the best team in the East. And they always played us very tough. However, we played brilliant the other night. What it showed me is that we can beat this team in a 7-game series; something that I wasn’t positive we could do even a few days ago, if we’re being very honest.

We NEED to steal one there. That team is deadly at home, not as deadly on the road. But one thing that is apparently is that, while they can clamp down defensively when they have a lead, when they have to chase a team and play from behind, they’re not in their comfort zone.

Score first. Don’t take your foot off the gas. Make them chase you. And take one in that building. Lets fucking go!

• Believe 1

6 hours ago, Sod16 said:

It seems like the Canes are devastating when they have their relentless forecheck going, but they usually don't for 60 minutes.  They wouldn't have been taken to seven by the Bruins, winning the deciding game by one, if they did.  I think the last time the Canes were at MSG they were very tame for 30 minutes and then turned it up for the final 30.

So the key is to take full advantage of it when they are more or less hibernating.  We didn't really do this in Game 1, coming out of the first 40 with only one goal.  If we exploit their inevitable passive periods and hang on during their active ones, we can very much be in this thing.

Panarin went out and the whole game changed. 

Need to understand Raanta isn't a slouch, and you need to get pucks on net with guys in front of the net.The lazy, perimeter thing, not gonna cut it.  This isn't Domingue, Raanta is simply a great goalie who never really has had his chance until now. 

And play smart. The Canes' tying goal was a disgrace of missed assignments and lazy to nonexistent backchecking. 

Edited by Bugg
  • Keeps it 100 1

I will say the kids aren't looking tired, and that was a worry I had that the grind of the long season and intensity of playoff hockey would wear them down, instead they're more energetic than some of the vets.

I think they all learned a bit from game one that the Canes > Pens and need to be approached differently, they bounce back and take game two 4-2.

As long as the top two lines will be consistently inconsistent, it's going to be tough winning the second round of the playoff. While the kid line performed above expectation, relying on them to win the second round is unrealistic.

Let's hope that the top two line will wake up and kick the Canegers ass tonight.

LFGR!!!

6 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

As long as the top two lines will be consistently inconsistent, it's going to be tough winning the second round of the playoff. While the kid line performed above expectation, relying on them to win the second round is unrealistic.

Let's hope that the top two line will wake up and kick the Canegers ass tonight.

LFGR!!!

Disagree, the kids could very well carry this team if they get firing on all cylinders. They have looked good and with some more finish they may supplant the current second line. Im a believer. 

I def agree with LFGR!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Disagree, the kids could very well carry this team if they get firing on all cylinders. They have looked good and with some more finish they may supplant the current second line. Im a believer. 

I def agree with LFGR!!!!!!

While I admire your believe in the kid line, I have some doubt...

Without the top two line performing as they should, the kid line alone will not carry this team to the next round. If they do, I'll happily have some Thai sauce with the crow...

LFGR!!!