• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF #6: (2M) Rangers at (3M) Pittsburgh Penguins — I'm Still Standing

No pressure on the Rangers on Sunday now, boys battled back from the jaws of defeat. Pittsburgh will be feeling it big time if they cough this 3-1 lead up. Rangers need to come out strong on Sunday, nothing to lose and just go out there and play like they've done all year at home and we're going to the second round boys! LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Enjoy the night boys, we fucking got this! 🍻

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Believe 2

1 minute ago, Karan said:

No pressure on the Rangers on Sunday now, boys battled back from the jaws of defeat. Pittsburgh will be feeling it big time if they cough this 3-1 lead up. Rangers need to come out strong on Sunday, nothing to lose and just go out there and play like they've done all year at home and we're going to the second round boys! LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Enjoy the night boys, we fucking got this! 🍻

I think it's still the opposite, road team, without Sid, possibly still playing their AHL goalie. I think the pressure still sits squarely on us and rightly so we're the better team at least should be. 

Just now, The Dude said:

I honestly don't know how they did it. They stink. More smoke and mirrors like pre allstar game. Definitely don't deserve to be going to game 7, but I'm along for the ride. 

I don't know that they don't deserve it, but I agree, they made every effort to blow this series, and somehow have clawed back. it's amazing, really, but fuck it — just win.

• Bullseye 1

Just now, The Dude said:

I honestly don't know how they did it. They stink. More smoke and mirrors like pre allstar game. Definitely don't deserve to be going to game 7, but I'm along for the ride. 

Didn't match Pit effort  for much of the time but I think we have more skill. Pens have no prospects from trading firsts all those years, and we have some dynamic young guys.

3 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Have to think they roll Jarry out in a wheelchair if necessary Sunday at this point.

The cute spicy pork&broccoli story is now fuckin' done. He's an AHL goalie for a reason.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Thank the scrub goalie that a team like the Panthers or Avs would destroy. Rangers getting just enough to survive. It shouldn’t be this hard. Nice job battling back the past 2 games though. 

• Keeps it 100 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
2 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Thank the scrub goalie that a team like the Panthers or Avs would destroy. Rangers getting just enough to survive. It shouldn’t be this hard. Nice job battling back the past 2 games though. 

I hear you, but I'm just enjoying tonight. Panthers aren't dominating their series either, Samsonov is no slouch for Caps. I think every team except Dallas could roll Nashville in 6 at most,  and if we play the Avs it's house money at that point for me, cause my heart can't take it!

1 minute ago, AliveIn94 said:

Didn't match Pit effort  for much of the time but I think we have more skill. Pens have no prospects from trading firsts all those years, and we have some dynamic young guys.

Problem is the Rangers skill isn't putting in enough effort.

I don't think the Rangers have more skill. Crosby, Malkin, Carter, Guentzel, Rust, Kapanen, Letang, Zucker aren't a bad group. The Pens certainly have it where it counts. Theyre decisive. They capitalize on errors and blown coverage. Who needs prospects when you have that group out there kicking ass? 

Underestimating this roster is why the Rangers are scraping back into this. They can't take anyone lightly from here on out.