• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF #4: (2M) Rangers at (3M) Pittsburgh Penguins — Bringing it Back Around

1 minute ago, ausman said:

You think maybe Gallant should’ve rested some players over the last 10 instead of trying for the #1 seed?

It crossed my mind, but having home ice was a tantalizing idea.

But as we've seen. There's no home ice advantage against the Pens, Toronto or Boston. The NHLs darlings. 

Gallant better rip his team or himself in the post game. Embarrassing effort and game plan. Complete no show except for the kid line. Reaves has disappeared after an effective game 1 and part of 2. I'm disgusted with the top 6 and every D man not named Schneider. 

The kids out performed the vets again. Guess this is why Gallant has a short shelf life. 

Vali saying what I said from the start. Dictate play. Stop reacting to the Pens. Play YOUR game. 

The “leadership” on this team should be flat out embarrassed at nothing except this game right here. You played fine games 1-3. Were losing due to lack of team experience. Totally fine and we all expected it. This game? Completely embarrassing effort in the defensive zone. Nobody can call themselves a hockey player tonight. Embarrassing. Embarrassed to be a ranger fan for the first time in a long while. 

Joe said on air that our play in the d zone is horrendous and he’s absolutely correct. Zero chance to win with that effort. Just disgusting.

• Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1

4 minutes ago, G1000 said:

What's the alternative? Start taking runs at the Penguins and get DOPS all over them? 

I might suggest not getting blown the fuck out of the building because they apparently forgot to play defense anywhere within twenty feet of the net as a far more reasonable alternative.

Seriously all of this 

how often can our Defense get caught sleeping. It’s just east for Pittsburgh. They are constantly getting in behind. Defenseman are all caught puck watching. And don’t seem to learn from mistakes 

gotta have spine to win a series. Gotta be able to show some ducking metal and fight through when things don’t go your way. Hard lesson to learn. Hoped they’d learn it with a better playoff showing than this. Game 5 is a formality at this point. 

7 minutes ago, G1000 said:

What's the alternative? Start taking runs at the Penguins and get DOPS all over them? 

I might suggest not getting blown the fuck out of the building because they apparently forgot to play defense anywhere within twenty feet of the net as a far more reasonable alternative.

Have Reaves do his job. Run someone. Anyone. If he gets suspended. Oh well. He's gassed already anyway. Should sit the next game, since he's not contributing anything. Put him to use. Spark a different energy. 

• Keeps it 100 2

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Have Reaves do his job. Run someone. Anyone. If he gets suspended. Oh well. He's gassed already anyway. Should sit the next game, since he's not contributing anything. Put him to use. Spark a different energy. 

Speaking of Reaves - as good as he was the first two games, he's been absolutely invisible the last two. Complete non-factor.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

That's not Reaves' job. 

• Keeps it 100 1

11 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

This game is on Gallant, he should have replaced the goalie after the first period…

The worst part of this game is that we're almost all going to blame Shesterkin, and he had like no chance on most of those goals. Blown coverages and deflections everywhere. The team defense was non-existent.

This one is entirely on Gallant and Gord Murphy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, G1000 said:

The worst part of this game is that we're almost all going to blame Shesterkin, and he had like no chance on most of those goals. Blown coverages and deflections everywhere. The team defense was non-existent.

This is objectively true, it's not on him, at all, but we need some saves.

1 minute ago, G1000 said:

This series is on Gallant.....he's the fucking coach, figure something out to try and shutdown the Crosby line....Crosby 9 points in 4 games

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

This series is on Gallant.....he's the fucking coach, figure something out to try and shutdown the Crosby line....Crosby 9 points in 4 games

If you don't play defense, don't have any urgency to shoot and go to the net, can't win faceoffs, only so much any coach can do. Pens have a simple obvious plan, and sure Gallant is saying all these things. 

Looks like it's Shesty for Game 5. Won't matter who you put in goal if the team doesn't get it together and start playing 5-man defense again. You can't allow PIT to lob in soft shots from the point and let them deflect into your net like tonight. 

14 minutes ago, G1000 said:

That's not Reaves' job. 

Whos job is it then?

It absolutely is his job. That's been his job his entire career. Borderline dirty, shit talking, shit starting, shit finisher.  What's he here for? I thought it was to be harder to play against. 

If he's not here to do that or things like that,  I don't understand the purpose of employing him. 

Edited by The Dude

5 minutes ago, G1000 said:

I hope not. I do think he is largely at fault for game 3, but certainly not for tonight.

• Bullseye 1