• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rate Drury's Deadline Day

Pete

Solid B+ for me. Wasn't sexy, but the team has options and depth where they previously had none.

I don't even care who they sent to WPG for Copp, either. They lost nothing of significance and will be much faster and tougher to play against.

• Like 1

I'll give it an A-

I like everything he did.  Plugged a few holes at the bottom 6 and really couldn't be faulted for not selling the farm for a Kane or high priced winger.  He's trusting in Kakko and Laffy to begin their journey and pay some playoff dividends, which I like to see.

This team is better than it was yesterday, should be a tough out come playoff time.

I'm looking forward to possibly even re-signing Copp and keeping that middle in tact when we ink Strome long term.  This team got better and tougher.  I like it!

• Like 1

Solid A. Addressed the needs for a playoff run and left the other lifting for the off season. We lost little to nothing and upgraded our deficiencies.

Gallant has lots of options. Im not sure how a deadline gets better honestly. We have our big names already; I certainly wasn't expecting a huge splash.

• Like 1

I actually give it an A. I love grabbing Copp, he fills a gigantic need for us. Obviously waiting to see the return there. I like acquiring Motte and Braun, both bring grit.

The Rangers can score. Obviously their 5v5 needs help. But there weren’t “trade-the-farm” type players available right now. I get we had all this cap space for the deadline, but why waste your ammo on it for players not worth it?

This team has shown it can win some tight games against some of the elite teams in this league. We have top end talent in Zibanejad, Panarin, Kreider. We now have really gritty, tough players like Goodrow, Copp, Motte, Vatrano that can score, hit, skate, defend, etc.

I really like the makeup of the team. They still have their big chips in play for eventual help down the line (albeit by then it will be harder cap wise) for the summer. But for a playoff run? The Rangers are going to be a tough fucking out guys. Not a lot of teams are going to want to deal with us, our PP, our goalie and our depth. And considering where we were just a year ago? Just tremendous. We are on the right track.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

17 minutes ago, siddious said:

Not a NEED need but I would like to see someone other than jekyl/hyde take the net to give Igor a break.

It doesn't matter who's in net, if it's not prime Igor or whatever it was that Geo took last night...The Rangers have about the same chance to win. Especially if they don't get PPs.

That is, until we see what today's deals did to 5v5 play.

Edited by Pete

• Phil changed the title to Rate Drury's Deadline Day
8 minutes ago, Capt said:

A. What could anyone have a problem with?

5 on 5 scoring is a big issue.

Or backup goaltending.

Plus the 3rd pairing LD seems to be the issue. If Braun pushes out Schneider, I will whine.

Overall, I go with a A-. Solid moves, didnt lose any top prospects, filled some holes. The team is in a better place to compete, just not sure it was enough to be a cup favorite - But I dont know if I would have liked those moves, either.

6 minutes ago, josh said:

That they needed to improve the margins on, not gut the team over. ✅

Or backup goaltending.

They have a backup. He'll walk after not getting qualified. Affects nothing. This team is and always has been Shesterkin or bust. ✅

Plus the 3rd pairing LD seems to be the issue. If Braun pushes out Schneider, I will whine.

Braun plays both sides. He's probably going to the left to play with Schneider. ✅

Overall, I go with a A-. Solid moves, didnt lose any top prospects, filled some holes. The team is in a better place to compete, just not sure it was enough to be a cup favorite - But I dont know if I would have liked those moves, either.

Agreed.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

12 minutes ago, josh said:

Or backup goaltending.

Backup goaltending just doesn't matter in the playoffs. If Igor is either hurt or sucks, it's over! That's the case for pretty much every team out there, but especially the Rangers. 

Backup goaltending is next season's problem.

• Like 2
  • VINNY! 1

B, best part being revamping bottom 6, depth dman without giving up any major assets going into summer. Which having the major assets is more important than trading the entire future for 1 shot at cup. Mainly talking about having assets to replace Strome if needed. 

Edited by Winter
  • Like 1