• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

K'Andre Miller's Future

Phil

5 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Probably not the best thing to have all our D men so high on this list, but damn that's impressive by K'Andre. 0.5 higher than anyone.

Not super surprised to see Makar towards the bottom. Dude is pure offense

Also not surprised with Miller being at the top with his crazy ass reach. Where's Hedman btw? 

15 minutes ago, Myusername said:

Also not surprised with Miller being at the top with his crazy ass reach. Where's Hedman btw? 

Tampa doesn't allow any scoring chances, so he's not listed!   LOL

Edited by Ozzy

22 minutes ago, Myusername said:

True, but if you look at JFresh's offensive stats Makar is running away with them all.

My guess is Tampa are rarely pinned in their own zone, so he doesn't have to break up plays in the D-zone all too much. They also just played 4 games in round 2, so it's a small sample size for him.

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

True, but if you look at JFresh's offensive stats Makar is running away with them all.

My guess is Tampa are rarely pinned in their own zone, so he doesn't have to break up plays in the D-zone all too much. They also just played 4 games in round 2, so it's a small sample size for him.

Makar is what Paul Coffey would be if he played today. 

33 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Yeah, I think what that data tells you is that the Rangers spend a lot of time at 5v5 in their own zone.

Yup 100%. We have all our D men there lol.

Still, Miller’s number is really good, and it matches the eye-test. He’s slowly turning into an elite shutdown D, which is perfect since we have enough offense in Fox.

16 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This has been a coming out party. He has looked like a veteran throughout the playoffs. Looks totally calm under all this intense pressure.

I don't know - I put him inline with all those. The thing is that we don't have a place for his next contract with Fox and trouba. 

I'll say this about Miller:

He can defend so well on the rush, up there with the best of them. Great at breaking up plays before they happen.

But if you estalish possession in the zone on him, he's clueless. I don't know how much of it has to do with Trouba (who is shocking in the d zone), but it I lost count of the amount of times Miller loses his guy in coverage or makes the wrong play on a clearing attempt leading to extended zone time for the other team.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

9 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

He can defend so well on the rush, up there with the best of them. Great at breaking up plays before they happen.

But if you estalish possession in the zone on him, he's clueless. I don't know how much of it has to do with Trouba (who is shocking in the d zone), but it I lost count of the amount of times Miller loses his guy in coverage or makes the wrong play on a clearing attempt leading to extended zone time for the other team.

I completely agree with this and I'll also say that I'm not even sure if he's even great defending off the rush, he takes them awful routes but makes up for it with his skating, length, and athleticism.

He'll be OK, but he needs to be coached. 

57 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

He can clean those things up. The combination of size, speed, reach is excellent. Even if he doesn’t progress quickly he’s still a quality 2nd pairing.

• Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I completely agree with this and I'll also say that I'm not even sure if he's even great defending off the rush, he takes them awful routes but makes up for it with his skating, length, and athleticism.

He'll be OK, but he needs to be coached. 

If I remember correctly some of the commentary During the games, it was emphasized that Miller had been switched to being a defenseman only two years ago. With proper coaching, more experience playing defense  his positioning can only improve plus the fact he is only 22 years old and will fill out and become stronger Miller has the potential and is well on his way to become a top defenseman in the league 

Edited by CSNY1