• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

K'Andre Miller's Future

Phil

He’s definitely going through a bit of a sophomore slump. He has the ability to do things that not a lot of players can do with his reach and speed. I’ve chimed in on this in other threads. Definitely a discussion that in most cases would be off the table given his age and potential. But, the Rangers are absolutely stacked with defensive prospects. And it won’t be possible to play each and every single one of them; there just isn’t enough room. So at some point, you are looking at the inevitability of trades for pieces that we need.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

He didn't have a great finale in college either. 

The question is if they're willing to wait 4-5 seasons for him to put it all together, or if they flip him to address a more immediate need. 

Yeah I know someone's gotta go, and we can't kepp everyone, but I just have a hard time cashing in the chips on a guy that has all the physical attributes like him.  Seems the main thing that's suffering is between the ears, and I keep thinking that can be fixed.

We'll see, my man...but if they do trade him, I sure hope we get a lot back!

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah I know someone's gotta go, and we can't kepp everyone, but I just have a hard time cashing in the chips on a guy that has all the physical attributes like him.  Seems the main thing that's suffering is between the ears, and I keep thinking that can be fixed.

We'll see, my man...but if they do trade him, I sure hope we get a lot back!

I think he would command a pretty good haul and you have to give to get so id test the waters but by no means am I taking Hajek and Howden 2.0 for him!!!

Honestly, if he was a must have for a team that we were trading with, I have zero problem losing him. He isn’t a key cog or anything. He’s replaceable. I have no doubt that he will be a good NHLer at some point, but we have depth at D.

Miller will probably be the case study in "Defenders take longer to develop" 

His being late to the position doesn't help.. But I can see him having the light bulb go off at 25 and use his physical attributes effectively and find an offensive game that helps a good club..  If that happens elsewhere, it will suck but it won't break my heart as long as he returns some real value. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Just now, Phil said:

What a fuckin' idiot.

This kid is a stud.

All of these kids have grown so much this season, Chief.... 

You're not the only one who's eating a little crow these days.  But I'm so glad to do so!!!  LOL

On 1/13/2022 at 3:55 PM, siddious said:

"Noticeable struggles lately"... I mean sure but the guy is also still developing and also has games/plays when he looks phenomenal arguably maybe even more so than any other prospect on this team.

I dont know where he fits on this team with the likes of Schneider, Lundkvist, Jones, etc.. but if they feel like they need to move him because of some struggles than this rebuild is just continuing to get derailed. 

Phew! 

funny though because I consider him so much better than all those other guys I just listed now

On 1/15/2022 at 11:03 AM, Pete said:

While the common thread between the three players you mentioned is that they were not getting seasoned in hartford, and Robertson is.

That said, like I said I would be moving Miller next summer, not this summer and not right now. Will know a lot more about both players by then.

I feel good about this take. It's non committal and kicking the can down the road, allowing me to not actually take a side, but rather see what happens...And I was right to wait!