• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

K'Andre Miller's Future

Phil

23 minutes ago, CSNY1 said:

If I remember correctly some of the commentary During the games, it was emphasized that Miller had been switched to being a defenseman only two years ago. With proper coaching, more experience playing defense  his positioning can only improve plus the fact he is only 22 years old and will fill out and become stronger Miller has the potential and is well on his way to become a top defenseman in the league 

Switched to D 2 years before his draft, not 2 years ago. 

I also don't agree with the "top defenseman in the league" narrative. He'll be a great 2nd pair D for sure. But the rest seems overblown right now.

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Switched to D 2 years before his draft, not 2 years ago. 

I also don't agree with the "top defenseman in the league" narrative. He'll be a great 2nd pair D for sure. But the rest seems overblown right now.

Disagree as Miller is an excellent player now and will only get better, bigger and stronger Guess only time will tell just how good he’s going to be but Rangers defense corps are undeniably going to be very good for years to come what with Schneider and the other young defenseman in the minors future looks bright 

4 hours ago, Morphinity said:

I'll say this about Miller:

He can defend so well on the rush, up there with the best of them. Great at breaking up plays before they happen.

But if you estalish possession in the zone on him, he's clueless. I don't know how much of it has to do with Trouba (who is shocking in the d zone), but it I lost count of the amount of times Miller loses his guy in coverage or makes the wrong play on a clearing attempt leading to extended zone time for the other team.

Yeah. He’s very bad in his own zone, especially from transition in the neutral zone. I cannot count how many times he’s caught up by the blue line in his own zone when the transition from a offense to defense was made quite a while before. His version of defense is to be a puck hawk and only go towards where the puck is at all times rather than ever being in the correct position. 

• Keeps it 100 1