• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Brendan Lemieux Suspended 5 Games for Biting Brady Tkachuk

Phil

4 minutes ago, Keirik said:

The overreaction is strong in this thread. We have Ryan Reaves on our team lol. And we love him. These guys play on the edge. Sometimes they cross it. 

There's nothing alike about Lemiuex and Reaves. 

Reaves is a guy who's loved in the room. Lemieux is the opposite of that.

45 minutes ago, Pete said:

There's nothing alike about Lemiuex and Reaves. 

Reaves is a guy who's loved in the room. Lemieux is the opposite of that.

Was there articles about Lemieux throughout his career being a locker room cancer? I wasn’t even thinking that way. Just saying, Reeves has been suspended plenty of times too 

Where's the articles about Reaves ever finding the need to bite a guy? Crossing a line sure, he has, some lines you don't cross. Biting I would put in that category. If I missed it along the way over his career than I will certainly look differently at Reaves, no doubt about it. 

I mean "WHY DO WE HAVE TO HAVE THESE THREADS ABOUT FORMER PLAYERS? "

Ahhh I see a guy that some didn't like, did something stupid. Nevermind his point total is exactly where Blais was. Blais who was on the top line. 

Dirty move, but the refs weren't helping by pretty much hog tying Lemieux while Tkachuk was hammer fisting his face. 

15 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Where's the articles about Reaves ever finding the need to bite a guy? Crossing a line sure, he has, some lines you don't cross. Biting I would put in that category. If I missed it along the way over his career than I will certainly look differently at Reaves, no doubt about it. 

During the third period of Colorado's 7-1 victory, Reaves punched Graves in the back of the head, threw him to the ice and continued to go after him when he was down, receiving a match penalty for intent to injure.

"Reaves continues the altercation, using his body weight to force Graves’ head into the ice," the league said in its suspension video. "As both the officials and other players attempt unsuccessfully to separate the two, Reaves continues to push forcefully down on the vulnerable Graves, eventually ripping his helmet off. During this scrum, both the officials and Reaves acknowledge that a chunk of Graves’ hair was pulled out by Reaves."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/vegas-golden-knights-ryan-reaves-suspended-two-games-for-ripping-out-hair-of-colorado-avalanches-ryan-graves/ar-AAKzQwk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

The overreaction is strong in this thread. We have Ryan Reaves on our team lol. And we love him. These guys play on the edge. Sometimes they cross it. 

Reaves can play and picks his spots. He knows him limitations and his role. He's never gonna score 25 goals, but he is a solid 4th liner.  Right now, Gallant trusts Reaves without any reservation at all. What ever you think of Quinn, doubt he would have trusted Lemieux with a coffee order. Lemieux showed offensive talent in flashes but he never really put it together here. And unfortunately for him, the refs look at the name plate and are looking to call shit.

Biting guys though, WTF...

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Reaves can play and picks his spots. He knows him limitations and his role. He's never gonna score 25 goals, but he is a solid 4th liner.  Right now, Gallant trusts Reaves without any reservation at all. What ever you think of Quinn, doubt he would have trusted Lemieux with a coffee order. Lemieux showed offensive talent in flashes but he never really put it together here. And unfortunately for him, the refs look at the name plate and are looking to call shit.

Biting guys though, WTF...

I’m not trying to make this a case of Lemieux vs Reaves. I’d take Reaves 10 out of 10 times. 
  I’m just saying, he has a few incidents in his career that cross a line as well. I think there is some major overreaction going on. Biting is crossing a line. To me so is continuing to drive a guys head into the ice when the referees are trying to separate parties and ripping his hair out along the way. 

44 minutes ago, Bugg said:

7-1 game 1 blowout loss, Reaves loses his shit and makes Avs think he's fuckin' nuts. Kinda the defintion of picking your spot. 

Same level of crazy.

I like having a psycho on the team. Never know what they'll do.

• Like 1

Reaves and his teammates were upset at Graves for his hard, late hit that injured Mattias Janmark in the second period. Graves received a two-minute minor for interference.

I wouldn't leave this part out of it if I was going to highlight parts of the article.  Pretty sure we would be fine if he chased down Subban or Wilson and walked away with a handful of hair after going after them in retaliation for their assholery. 

I would bet the house Reaves would volunteer to being knocked out before he would resort to biting. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Keirik said:

Was there articles about Lemieux throughout his career being a locker room cancer? I wasn’t even thinking that way. Just saying, Reeves has been suspended plenty of times too 

The suspension isn't what people are criticizing here. The accusations of being a bad teammate, are.

There wasn't some laundry list of articles documenting his troubles, but we're seeing reinforcing reporting now to suggest that he's been a problem through more than one organization. It's not ironclad, by any means, but when you have multiple reports, or a confirmation, it's fair to assume there's something wrong here.