• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Brendan Lemieux Suspended 5 Games for Biting Brady Tkachuk

Phil

15 hours ago, jsrangers said:

I wouldn't leave this part out of it if I was going to highlight parts of the article.  Pretty sure we would be fine if he chased down Subban or Wilson and walked away with a handful of hair after going after them in retaliation for their assholery. 

I would bet the house Reaves would volunteer to being knocked out before he would resort to biting. 

I’m sorry, I do not see some big difference between biting and ripping someone’s hair out. I didn’t add that part to the article for two reasons. First is for copyright reasons, I assumed we shouldn’t post too too much of an article. Second, why he did that is less important. No one is judging Reaves character so we all already know for Reaves to go after a guy, there is a valid reason to do so. 

We all would be happy as hell if Reaves beat the crap out of Wilson or .Subban or whoever. I doubt many would be okay with him ripping out hair. That’s not hockey or part of the game. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

The suspension isn't what people are criticizing here. The accusations of being a bad teammate, are.

There wasn't some laundry list of articles documenting his troubles, but we're seeing reinforcing reporting now to suggest that he's been a problem through more than one organization. It's not ironclad, by any means, but when you have multiple reports, or a confirmation, it's fair to assume there's something wrong here.

Meh. I mean opponents say one thing and teammates say another. That’s just the nature of the beast. I’d take Reaves 10 out of 10 times. We all agree there I think. Why get a chihuahua to do the job when a pit bull will just do it better. 

having said that, at least Lemieux has proven he’s not just all bark and no bite eh? 🙂

9 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

For context...

Graves has long ass hair and Reaves never dropped his gloves.  Reaves was trying to rip his helmet off and some of that lettuce got in the way.

Lemiuex on the other hand...

Lol love the spin. For reference, Wilson never dropped his gloves in the Panarin incident as well. The point is, referees are on top trying to break it up, he’s on top of a vulnerable guy trying to hurt him  and gets to the point where he rips hair out after He got a match penalty for intent to injure and suspended for a reason. It happens. They tip toe a fine line in a game of emotion. Sometimes they cross it. You man up to it and move on. 

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Lol love the spin. For reference, Wilson never dropped his gloves in the Panarin incident as well. The point is, referees are on top trying to break it up, he’s on top of a vulnerable guy trying to hurt him  and gets to the point where he rips hair out after He got a match penalty for intent to injure and suspended for a reason. It happens. They tip toe a fine line in a game of emotion. Sometimes they cross it. You man up to it and move on. 

The spin?  All I did was post videos of both incidents.  My opinion of the incidents is hair pulling unintentional and biting intentional.  

Just now, Long live the King said:

The spin?  All I did was post videos of both incidents.  My opinion of the incidents is hair pulling unintentional and biting intentional.  

Yeah dude, that’s a major spin. What does Graves length of long ass hair have to do with anything?  What does Reaves having gloves on have to do with anything? Hell, why is Reaves trying to rip the helmet off a player as he knees on his face with referees trying to break it up?  You’re making excuses for a dirty play. Doesn’t make Reaves a dirty player per say. Just means he let emotions dictate actions a bit too much on that day. It happens. 

Ok, Reaves “unintentionally “ ripped hair along the way while intentionally attempting to injure a player. Maybe he was just trying to inspect Graves chin strap too. 

let’s just agree to disagree. And as I said 100 times. Reaves can play on my team anyday. Doesn’t make him infallible though. 

• Keeps it 100 1

I never said he was infallible, or that I support what he did to Graves.  

The length of Graves' hair is very much a factor when someone grabs your visor and a chunk of hair gets caught in the middle.  Having gloves on is going to impact the dexterity necessary to grab the hair.  I was simply saying my opinion of the incidents is hair pulling unintentional and biting intentional.  

Reaves crossed the line with a player that wasn't defending himself, but I don't believe Reaves was intending to pull Graves' hair. 

• TroCheckmark 1

8 hours ago, Phil said:

The suspension isn't what people are criticizing here. The accusations of being a bad teammate, are.

There wasn't some laundry list of articles documenting his troubles, but we're seeing reinforcing reporting now to suggest that he's been a problem through more than one organization. It's not ironclad, by any means, but when you have multiple reports, or a confirmation, it's fair to assume there's something wrong here.

What are we seeing that reinforce this take? I missed that. Saw Quick saying the Tkachuk comments are bunk. 

Can you share the reinforcing reports? 

I'll find the story later tonight. Carl has alluded to it a few times, Matthew backed Brady's claim, and there was another reporter who confirmed the charges of not being wanted, though their name escapes me at the moment. I'll try to get links tonight.

Yeah, we heard the same thing about the other guy we had, which turned out to be hilariously inaccurate.

This one is backed up by the plaintiffs brother, and some metro sexual, pseudo hockey reporter, from The Athletic, a publication that openly reports on sports with a political bent. That guy was salivating. He knew what he was doing.

I would imagine Lemieux is an asshole. He's Claude's kid, but even worse than that, he's Claude's kid without even the humble origin story.

There's assholes on every team. I'm not sure why this matters. The 94 Rangers had assholes abound. The coach was a borderline sociopath. Nobody cares.

1 minute ago, Dunny said:

Yeah, we heard the same thing about the other guy we had, which turned out to be hilariously inaccurate.

This one is backed up by the plaintiffs brother, and some metro sexual, pseudo hockey reporter, from The Athletic, a publication that openly reports on sports with a political bent. That guy was salivating. He knew what he was doing.

I would imagine Lemieux is an asshole. He's Claude's kid, but even worse than that, he's Claude's kid without even the humble origin story.

There's assholes on every team. I'm not sure why this matters. The 94 Rangers had assholes abound. The coach was a borderline sociopath. Nobody cares.

The 94 team had a guy that spent time in prison for killing someone driving drunk

He still took the last faceoff of game 7 lol

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

The 94 team had a guy that spent time in prison for killing someone driving drunk

He still took the last faceoff of game 7 lol

I forgot, that's right lol.

Even Gretzky had Jay Wells skidded because he took his spot on the team bus when he got to LA. I never looked at Wayne the same after being told that.

• TroCheckmark 1

4 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Don’t know this story. Elaborate? 

That's it. That's the story. They're both from same town, too, but I was told Gretz got on bus in camp, wanted his spot, Wells told him to go fuck himself, he has seniority, and he was traded the next day.

Guy who told me wasn't on bus, but played with Wells later, so take it for what it's worth. 

• Phil changed the title to Brendan Lemieux Suspended 5 Games for Biting Brady Tkachuk

I'd bet Tkachuk was eye gouging or doing something dirty,not to defend him but Lemieux also has to protect himself as well

Maybe Tkachuk bit himself or is completely making it up

I've watched the video a bunch of timed and it looks like his right arm is tucked under his jersey.

Edited by br-avery