• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Bar-Room Brotherhood

Ozzy

47 minutes ago, siddious said:

One thing I’ve noticed about living on Long Island. All Asian restaurants are sub par on average. 

There are a few. One in stony brook called green tea. Anotber one in Nassau called the orient. I’ll try to find out where my wife’s family goes since they are from Islip and my wife adores chicken with broccoli lol 

• TroCheckmark 1

36 minutes ago, Keirik said:

There are a few. One in stony brook called green tea. Anotber one in Nassau called the orient. I’ll try to find out where my wife’s family goes since they are from Islip and my wife adores chicken with broccoli lol 

How many beers???  Damn dude!!  You're my new wing man!!!

On 11/19/2021 at 5:44 PM, siddious said:

One thing I’ve noticed about living on Long Island. All Asian restaurants are sub par on average. 

She said bo wah kitchen in Bayshore/Islip on Main Street was pretty good. I had it once. Not earth shattering but it was decent. Americanized Chinese food so it’s the normal sesame chicken, fried rice, broccoli in garlic sauce, egg rolls,  etc.

i know some fantastic authentic Asian food places but they are all north shore by me. 

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

She said bo wah kitchen in Bayshore/Islip on Main Street was pretty good. I had it once. Not earth shattering but it was decent. Americanized Chinese food so it’s the normal sesame chicken, fried rice, broccoli in garlic sauce, egg rolls,  etc.

i know some fantastic authentic Asian food places but they are all north shore by me. 

Traveling is fine by me.

been dying for good pad Thai.. drove into the city the other day to get some 🤣

3 minutes ago, siddious said:

Traveling is fine by me.

been dying for good pad Thai.. drove into the city the other day to get some 🤣

stony brook area
https://www.greentearestaurantsb.com

https://redtigerdumplingny.com

https://1089noodlehouse.com

Nassau County south shore so closer to you

http://theorientbethpage.com/default.aspx

http://www.lemonleafgrill.com (think they have good pad Thai)

Hicksville itself has a ton of Indian food if you are into that too. Large Indian community. Also a ton of Asian food places there as well. You definitely won’t need to go into NYC to get some decent places. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, siddious said:

Gotta try that Hicksville area location. The rest I’ll do later on. Sucks that none of the delivery places near us right now arent great but at least we have the option. 

There was also a place in Hicksville by IKEA called Jani I think. It was pretty good as well. I totally recommend you try The Orient in Bethpage. A little intimidating since a lot of Chinese go there but you know that means it’s actually good lol. 

• Cheers 1

On 11/19/2021 at 6:33 PM, Keirik said:

Hau Pau. Centereach 

Dragon Palace. Patchogue 

16 hours ago, Keirik said:

Wait.. So you're talking batwings and shit? 

I like the Americanized version of Chinese food. Unfortunately some places can't even get that right. So, I'm not sure the 2 places I listed are considered authentic. They're just good Americanized versions. Then again their menus are quite extensive  

• TroCheckmark 1

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wait.. So you're talking batwings and shit? 

I like the Americanized version of Chinese food. Unfortunately some places can't even get that right. So, I'm not sure the 2 places I listed are considered authentic. They're just good Americanized versions. Then again their menus are quite extensive  

Well, I like authentic and Americanized. I lived in China for years when I was younger so some authentic dishes are absolutely delicious. 

• TroCheckmark 1