• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

It is Time to Name a Captain

Damn the CAP. 

Trouba finally delivered this past season what we were all hoping for. Will it continue? Hope so in spades. 

Lindgren is younger so he gets the longer-term nod IMO. I mean we all just watched grandpa McD play for a cup, effectively too and he just got paid to go to COL. Lindgren in the same beast mold me thinks so I’m not worried about his longevity. 

IF Miller can step up…physically, emotionally and consistently, then he’s the guy the next decisions turns on. Keeping an improved Miller and Lindgren is the smart way forward IMO. 

Edited by 4EverRangerFrank
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, rmc51 said:

They could have signed him for a year

He wouldve scored in the ECF and we would've won the SCF. I just checked my crystal ball. We would've been planning to all meet up and drink after the parade. Damnit!!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On the thread title…yeah, it’s time. Sports teams have Captains. We’re incomplete without one. Kreider deserves it for his accumulation of play AND for how he lead by example last year. Now that the flame is lit, pour fuel on that fire! Kreider would benefit from that inherent accountability and so would the NYRs. 

• Keeps it 100 1