• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#13) Rangers vs Florida Panthers — Unstoppable Force Meets a Group of Guys

Drew a Penalty

1 minute ago, CBrowningPI said:

Something has to be up with Panarin. He's got 11 points but is a -6 in +/- ( tied with K'Andre for worst on team). He doesn't seem to be skating at a good clip hardly ever this year and he hasn't been as tenacious on the backcheck like we've seen in the past. Whatcha think?

He's been of the worst players on the team. Most of the time he's been noticeable because h'll turn the puck over and hem the team in the defensive zone for over a minute. He needs to get his head out of his ass and stop playing so casually. Get him away from Strome so you take away his comfort because "he knows where Strome will be." Yeah, evidently so does the opposition.

1 hour ago, Drew a Penalty said:

The dude who's gonna score a hat trick tonight.

1 hour ago, br-avery said:

that or Duclair

I'm going with any Panther that needs their first NHL point or any former Ranger.  Yes Duclair fits that one Bravery!!  LOL

But we are going to win this one....I'm not jumping off the cliff yet!  
...and my main man Reaves scores a goal tonight!!!  .....No @Pete I'm not drinking in the office....YET!  LOL

57 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Call me crazy, but I actually think we win tonight.

40 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Dude, I'm with you!!  It's gonna be a fun one, and I feel we're gonna play a tough game.

Yes gotta recharge that false hope. Laf may even look like he’s played hockey before tonight too. 

I think this whole bash Lafreniere thing is really beginning to spiral out of control. Not just here, but the media too. And if Gallant reacted the way he did to Mollie Walker the other night, it’s gotten to the locker room too.

Im not disagreeing the kid needs to step up and adjust and play better; all true points. But again, he is 20. We need to show some semblance of patience here. I get it it’s New York and we want what we want when we want it. But it doesn’t always turn out that way. Stamkos fucking stunk his rookie season; rumors even swirled about Tampa souring on him. My point is, sometimes it just takes time. One of the reasons we’ve won is lonely Cup in 81 years is because of knee jerk reactions.

Before we poison the kid, let’s have some patience. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, siddious said:

Yes gotta recharge that false hope. Laf may even look like he’s played hockey before tonight too. 

....He's not doing too badly.  LOL

Look on the bright side, Buchnevich has 2 goals 9 games and he's getting $5.8 mil from the Blues for that output!!! 

Panarin better wake the fuck up and stop being Santa for the opposing team.  ...fucking guy has more turnovers than Kraussmeyer's Bakery!!!

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

I think this whole bash Lafreniere thing is really beginning to spiral out of control. Not just here, but the media too. And if Gallant reacted the way he did to Mollie Walker the other night, it’s gotten to the locker room too.

Im not disagreeing the kid needs to step up and adjust and play better; all true points. But again, he is 20. We need to show some semblance of patience here. I get it it’s New York and we want what we want when we want it. But it doesn’t always turn out that way. Stamkos fucking stunk his rookie season; rumors even swirled about Tampa souring on him. My point is, sometimes it just takes time. One of the reasons we’ve won is lonely Cup in 81 years is because of knee jerk reactions.

Before we poison the kid, let’s have some patience. 

Stamkos scored 23 goals as a rookie and had 51 goals and 95 points as a sophomore. Lower your bar. A lot.

• Like 1

Just now, josh said:

Mob mentality. 

He's had good games, still one of the top ES ppg guys on the team, and you'd think he's a 2nd line C putting up 1 point all season 

He's on pace for 27 points over 82 games. Twenty. Seven.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Stamkos scored 23 goals as a rookie and had 51 goals and 95 points as a sophomore. Lower your bar. A lot.

Across 82 games, Lafreniere was on pace for 18 his rookie season (12 in 56 games). Stamkos also didn’t need to begin his rookie season without any training camp, exhibition games, etc.

So, maybe not as much as you would think.

Im not comparing the two by any means. All I am trying to say is, and you’ll appreciate this, Rome Wasn’t Built In A Day.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

That's more than all RWs combined! 

Also more than All non-Zibanejad c's combined. 

I'm not worrying about the 3rd line C when everyone has been garbage. 

Frustrating,  but 5th or 6th on the list of issues 

The kid has hardly had the start any of us had hoped for. But I will say this: he’s mature beyond his age. He’ll stand up and talk to the media, recognize when he needs to improve, take his demotions and not pout like some other prospects we have in the system. And he still seems to have his personality.

Its clear by now he’s not a Crosby, but who is? We need to just breathe a little bit with him. 

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

It's shocking the first overalls since 2017 have not been great. Hischier, Dahlin, Hughes, Laf...These things are cyclical and it sure looks like that a valley following a peak...If you go back 20 years...

• Kovalchuk, Nash, MAF, AO, Sid...peak
  • Erik Johnson...Valley
  • Kane, Stamkos, Tavares...Peak
  • Hall, RNH, Yak...Valley
  • MacKinnon, Ekblad, McDavid, Matthews...Peak

And now a prolonged valley.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1