• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#13) Rangers vs Florida Panthers — Unstoppable Force Meets a Group of Guys

Drew a Penalty

16 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I think this whole bash Lafreniere thing is really beginning to spiral out of control. Not just here, but the media too. And if Gallant reacted the way he did to Mollie Walker the other night, it’s gotten to the locker room too.

Im not disagreeing the kid needs to step up and adjust and play better; all true points. But again, he is 20. We need to show some semblance of patience here. I get it it’s New York and we want what we want when we want it. But it doesn’t always turn out that way. Stamkos fucking stunk his rookie season; rumors even swirled about Tampa souring on him. My point is, sometimes it just takes time. One of the reasons we’ve won is lonely Cup in 81 years is because of knee jerk reactions.

Before we poison the kid, let’s have some patience. 

I'll show patience if he shows me anything justifying why he was a consensus 1OA

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The kid has hardly had the start any of us had hoped for. But I will say this: he’s mature beyond his age. He’ll stand up and talk to the media, recognize when he needs to improve, take his demotions and not pout like some other prospects we have in the system. And he still seems to have his personality.

Its clear by now he’s not a Crosby, but who is? We need to just breathe a little bit with him. 

That's some skillset. So he's no quitter like Krav, yay?

Sad state of affairs when that's the list of strengths from him, not one of those having to do with being productive and moving his game forward on the ice.  But he's no asshole.

18 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I think this whole bash Lafreniere thing is really beginning to spiral out of control. Not just here, but the media too. And if Gallant reacted the way he did to Mollie Walker the other night, it’s gotten to the locker room too.

Im not disagreeing the kid needs to step up and adjust and play better; all true points. But again, he is 20. We need to show some semblance of patience here. I get it it’s New York and we want what we want when we want it. But it doesn’t always turn out that way. Stamkos fucking stunk his rookie season; rumors even swirled about Tampa souring on him. My point is, sometimes it just takes time. One of the reasons we’ve won is lonely Cup in 81 years is because of knee jerk reactions.

Before we poison the kid, let’s have some patience. 

dude i was joking lol

17 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Across 82 games, Lafreniere was on pace for 18 his rookie season (12 in 56 games). Stamkos also didn’t need to begin his rookie season without any training camp, exhibition games, etc.

So, maybe not as much as you would think.

Im not comparing the two by any means. All I am trying to say is, and you’ll appreciate this, Rome Wasn’t Built In A Day.

I get that, but there's been no promise this far in his "second" season. That's why I said to lower your bar. I know you're not comparing them as players, but even mentioning someone like Stamkos poisons the well because he dominated by year two.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

I get that, but there's been no promise this far in his "second" season. That's why I said to lower your bar. I know you're not comparing them as players, but even mentioning someone like Stamkos poisons the well because he dominated by year two.

There’s a ton of promise there. He’s been setting up guys every game. They’re not finishing or goals are getting called back. 

I’ve been asking for a LHer that likes to shoot one timers on his line. He set up Kreider last game, who missed wide. He also has an assist in the Fox no-goal

prior game he set up Hunt twice, and Lindgren muffed a shot. Lafreniere also had a snipe that Markstrom made a great save on.

edmonton game he set up mckegg and hunt. 

In Vancouver Chytil and blais both has great scoring chances

• Applause 1

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Oh for sure.

I get the people pissed and wanting more too. I really do. I’m one foot in and one foot out with that myself.

I just think it’s way too early (both in his season and in his career) for him to be getting ripped the way he is (again, not saying just here). At the end of the day, he’s 20, on his second NHL coach that he and others are adjusting to, his first full season with a training camp, etc. I know no one likes hearing excuses, but he may have a few to use; I’m sure he won’t but some do exist.

I hope he turns it around. A lot of this potential we have rests with him. I get the caution and fear, but we’re a long way from having to jump the plank IMO.

One thing I'd like to see tonight is this team take a few fucking shots, instead of passing the puck relentlessly when they have a shot at the net.  We never seem to get the opposing team reeling, by them having to chase down rebounds.  We're always passing when they have a glaring opportunity to take a shot on goal....good one's too!!!

Fuck that!  Shoot the damn puck, and stop jerkin' around!

Wait...where is it.....???

shoot GIF  There we go!!!  LOL

Edited by Ozzy
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, josh said:

There’s a ton of promise there. He’s been setting up guys every game. They’re not finishing or goals are getting called back. 

I’ve been asking for a LHer that likes to shoot one timers on his line. He set up Kreider last game, who missed wide. He also has an assist in the Fox no-goal

prior game he set up Hunt twice, and Lindgren muffed a shot. Lafreniere also had a snipe that Markstrom made a great save on.

edmonton game he set up mckegg and hunt. 

In Vancouver Chytil and blais both has great scoring chances

I wish i was seeing the same promise you were. All I see is a plug. He looks like Jimmy Vesey to me. Completely undefinable "guy."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

I wish i was seeing the same promise you were. All I see is a plug. He looks like Jimmy Vesey to me. Completely undefinable "guy."

Agree. If he's doing all these things right, why was he demoted? Is Gallant the idiot? First everything was Quinn's fault, is it now Gallant's?

I have no skin in that debate as I an still struggling to see the difference between this year's on-ice product and last year's.

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Agree. If he's doing all these things right, why was he demoted? Is Gallant the idiot? First everything was Quinn's fault, is it now Gallant's?

I have no skin in that debate as I an still struggling to see the difference between this year's on-ice product and last year's.

It might actually be worse. at least last season they could score. 

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

Same, which tells me it's not the coach, it's the players.

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

He's still doing a lot of things wrong, as well. Getting the puck out of the zone safely was/is an issue.

Rangers are in second with 15 points but the next 3 teams all have 14 points and have played fewer games.    Other than Carolina at 18 points, everyone in the division has 11-15 points. Just a jumble in the standings, and a losing streak can drop you to the basement pretty quick

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

One thing I'd like to see tonight is this team take a few fucking shots, instead of passing the puck relentlessly when they have a shot at the net.  We never seem to get the opposing team reeling, by them having to chase down rebounds.  We're always passing when they have a glaring opportunity to take a shot on goal....good one's too!!!

Fuck that!  Shoot the damn puck, and stop jerkin' around!

Wait...where is it.....???

shoot GIF  There we go!!!  LOL

Yes please SHOOT THE PUCK !!! (seems like ever since Barry)

• LOL 1