• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Christian Dvorak

Another Arizona trade target to consider after talking about Chychrun.

At 4.45M per over the next 4 years, he'd be a reasonably priced 3C for us with the ceiling to be a bonafide 2C. He's good in the dot. He's got a good shot, and it really feels like he's on the cusp of being an annual 25 goal guy.

What might he cost? Good question, but I have to think Arizona needs to stock the cupboards here with picks and prospects. They forfeited their 1st round pick and they traded their 3rd round pick this year. I'm sure they would jump at the idea of getting our 1st in a deal.

Some interesting quotes about what he brings to the ice from an article on the Athletic last year:

https://theathletic.com/1621290/2020/02/20/the-gamer-christian-dvorak-speaks-softly-and-carries-a-crooked-stick/

“His smarts were evident, even in a limited role, playing on the fourth line,” Bernhardt said. “To me, hockey sense is the basis of any good player. He had the work ethic, too, and a really good base. His skill didn’t stand out, but you’re not going to show a whole lot on the fourth line in those minutes. There were no flaws in his game and you just knew you could build off that base.”

“His numbers are probably going to end up being second-line center’s kind of numbers, but did I see 50, 60 points coming out of Devo? Yeah, I did,” Sullivan said. “He’s the type of player that skilled wingers want to play with. He has enough skill to produce plays and finish plays and he’s so aware defensively. He takes care of his own zone and wins face-offs and he’s always below pucks on the defensive side of it which means we’re not going to play a lot in our end. As a top-six winger, you want Devo as your centerman because he can do it at both ends and he’s going to allow you not to have to defend.”

Sounds like an ideal kind of player to pair with the kind of talented wingers we have.

For the purposes of discussion, let's say the cost is somewhere around Chytil and #15 for Dvorak and #43

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy you bring in if you think Strome and/or Zibanejad is gone [after next season].

I don’t see him as a future “3C”, and probably have better 2C options (see Strome/Zibanejad)

It's actually quite similar to bringing in Zibanejad or Strome before they were Zibanejad or Strome. My line of thinking was by doing so, you create a lot of depth and keep pressure on the top 2 in terms of contract demands if you want to keep both.

Dvorak is really hard to read - like...is he just not that good, or is Arizona just that bad? I feel like he should be further along than he is, which...yeah, maybe he's a decent buy low candidate here.

Arizona's fucked 8 ways to Sunday, so we may as well just pick off anything on that roster worth a damn.

Dvorak is really hard to read - like...is he just not that good, or is Arizona just that bad? I feel like he should be further along than he is, which...yeah, maybe he's a decent buy low candidate here.

Arizona's fucked 8 ways to Sunday, so we may as well just pick off anything on that roster worth a damn.

I’m not a fan.. but then I think, is he a Brassard/Zibanejad acquisition?? (Which I always talk about) he sorta fits that bill, and can slide down the lineup if the offense doesn’t pop.

But yeah, hard to read for sure

I think I’d prefer him over Danault

It's actually quite similar to bringing in Zibanejad or Strome before they were Zibanejad or Strome. My line of thinking was by doing so, you create a lot of depth and keep pressure on the top 2 in terms of contract demands if you want to keep both.

ha - sorry, missed this post

He's been a 20 goal, 40-45 point player the past two seasons, playing 16-18 minutes a night. Sign me up for that production out of a 3C who can slot up if needed and has that potential to take even another step forward.

I’m not a fan.. but then I think, is he a Brassard/Zibanejad acquisition?? (Which I always talk about) he sorta fits that bill, and can slide down the lineup if the offense doesn’t pop.

Yeah - agreed there. I'd definitely prefer him over Danault (but I also think Danault is going to be ridiculously, hilariously overpaid).

Arizona's just hard to get a good sense for anything on - how they value their players, who is actually good (like, is Nick Schmaltz good, or just the 1c? Is Clayton Keller really somehow regressing this badly? What the fuck did they do to Lawson Crouse and Christian Fischer?), what it'd realistically take to acquire some of these players, how they're going to figure out being a cataclysmic shitbomb of a team anchored by OEL and Phil Kessel - just a very, very confusing team right now.

I was going to suggest Keller for the same reasons, but I thought he was much bigger than he is. 5'11? Thought he was around 6'2!!!

These types of moves that you guys are suggesting are good ideas and all, but what player is the Brassard in this situation? Strome?

In this situation it’s Dvorak.

Brassard, Strome, Zibanejad... all change of scenery guys that really responded well. If Dvorak can amplify his game like those guys, it’s a fantastic add. If he plays how he did for the Yotes... enh

In this situation it’s Dvorak.

Brassard, Strome, Zibanejad... all change of scenery guys that really responded well. If Dvorak can amplify his game like those guys, it’s a fantastic add. If he plays how he did for the Yotes... enh

I was referring to how we dealt Brassard for Zibanejad plus. Who's the guy we are dealing for the young, growth stunted, change of scenery guy? Teams like Arizona, and Buffalo are teams with potential players that just need out of their situation.

I was referring to how we dealt Brassard for Zibanejad plus. Who's the guy we are dealing for the young, growth stunted, change of scenery guy? Teams like Arizona, and Buffalo are teams with potential players that just need out of their situation.

It won't be eaxctly like those deals. Arizona will want youth.

Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread here, but in vain of where I was going with the Brassard for Zibanejad trade, is Mittelstadt worth taking a flyer on if they can get him for spare parts? I haven't seen the guy play much, but there was quite a bit of hype going around when he was passed over in the draft for Andersson.

Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread here, but in vain of where I was going with the Brassard for Zibanejad trade, is Mittelstadt worth taking a flyer on if they can get him for spare parts? I haven't seen the guy play much, but there was quite a bit of hype going around when he was passed over in the draft for Andersson.

Kevyn Adams spoke recently about the Sabres' young core, and I don't think they will be dealing Middlestadt.

https://theathletic.com/2691434/2021/07/06/lebrun-why-the-sabres-and-coyotes-went-with-unheralded-coach-hires-and-what-it-says-about-their-futures/

I asked Adams to put a brand name on what’s coming next for his roster.

“I think it’s building. I think that’s the right way to say it. We have a lot of young players that are talented. Sometimes when players come into the league at a really young age, some people feel like maybe they’re older than they are. But guys like (Rasmus) Dahlin, (Dylan) Cozens, (Casey) Mittelstadt, these are very, very young players. So, we want to build. And I’ve been energized about this young core of Sabres we have that are hungry and they want to be part of the solution. … These guys are proud to be Buffalo Sabres, they want to fix this and get this right, they want to move forward together. So that’s the young core that we’re working to build around.’’

• 2 weeks later...

Time to bump this one up with what the Coyotes are doing, Dvorak is starting to make the most sense imo, his contract takes Strome cap space in the next 3-years after 21-22. as coyotes in full "re-build" he's surely available, you go into the year with Strome and if we suck we have maybe one of the most valuable pieces at the deadline. (Maybe even Georgiev to Coyotes+picks/mid tier prosects)

Panarin-Strome-Krav

Laf-Zib-Kakko

Chytil-Dvorak-Kreider

Goodrow-Rooney-Blais

Gauthier

Lindgren-Fox

Miller-Trouba

Nemeth-Lundkvist

7th

Shesterkin

Backup

after adds/RFAs/Trade i see us sitting at about 5-6mil in cap space.

It would be Kreider-Dvorak-Goodrow in this case, but I've no idea why you would get him (or how) while keeping Chytil. The point would be to upgrade your 3C spot with a more reliable forechecking center (Dvorak) in place of Chytil.

It would be Kreider-Dvorak-Goodrow in this case, but I've no idea why you would get him (or how) while keeping Chytil. The point would be to upgrade your 3C spot with a more reliable forechecking center (Dvorak) in place of Chytil.

Because we're going to be losing Strome if not this off-season, deadline or next summer. We can't afford him. To upgrade our center now with a player like Eichel, Horvat, Larkin etc. which isn't happening we're looking at trading away way way too much. The success of the team will resolve around the young wingers. Line structure doesn't matter much i was just throwing examples out there they'd be moving all over the lineup as it would give up tons of flexibility.

Chytil stays cost controlled as he slots back in at C if not after the deadline/injury/next season. If Strome+ Isn't bringing us back a center we can afford it's all pointless as we'd also be trading away Zibanejad if he's going to be getting 8+ Mil.