• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Christian Dvorak

Most recent stats to go on

Zibanejad 56GP, 24G, 26A, F/O% 46%. Age: 28

Landeskog 54GP, 20G, 32A, F/O% 57%. Age: 28

Landeskog got 7m AAV why does anyone think just b/c a report came out about what Zib wants means he’s getting it? He is getting 7-8 or won’t be here anymore.

Cap increase likely only to be 1m so put that at $82.5 not $81.5. Speculating the Rangers next years cap is just that speculation anything can happen.

I mean I sure hope Drury is doing cap estimations here. You call it speculation. I call it planning. It's necessary when you are constructing a roster and making commitments to players spanning many years.

I think Zib comes in close to what he wants with AAV, because the tradeoff will be # of years. I will guess the Rangers would rather go for 5 or 6 years rather than 8 at a lower AAV. Even if I'm wrong about that, it only shaves 1-2M off the cap to get him at 7 or 8. The point of the rough cap estimate here was to figure out where we would find 6M for Strome, if he even signs for that after another good year.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in 19-20 Zib scored 41 goals and 1.32 ppg in 57 games.

in 20-21, once he finally got over COVID, he scored 21 goals and 1.32 ppg in the final 31 games of the season.

and he still has this year, a contract year, where he has a very real shot at putting up 50+ goals and 100+ points.

If he does that then he will want slightly less than McDavid $. SO then he's gone either way.

I mean I sure hope Drury is doing cap estimations here. You call it speculation. I call it planning. It's necessary when you are constructing a roster and making commitments to players spanning many years.

I think Zib comes in close to what he wants with AAV, because the tradeoff will be # of years. I will guess the Rangers would rather go for 5 or 6 years rather than 8 at a lower AAV. Even if I'm wrong about that, it only shaves 1-2M off the cap to get him at 7 or 8. The point of the rough cap estimate here was to figure out where we would find 6M for Strome, if he even signs for that after another good year.

that is the argument those of us who think Dvorak is a good get right now, we see him as Stromes replacement at the same cap hit before Strome is gone, we have the luxury this year to add his replacement while we still have Strome. I'd imagine Drury has a plan or else just throwing $1.75mil out the window to Reaves right now is a waste. At the end of the day Kreider is the player that needs to go before LAF is due, even though i think Gallant might get more out of him.

I believe this season is going to answer a lot of the questions about who's going, staying and how much. Right now it's way too early to say who's worth what under how Gallant is going to coach this squad. Kreider may be amazing or he may shit the bed. Chytil could explode or hit the skids with no progress. ...and maybe Mika tosses up a 100+ point season!! (I'd fucking adore that!!!)

Who knows?

I think we'll have a better idea as to what's going to go down by New Year's Day.

But I fully expect this team to be in the playoffs this season....

that is the argument those of us who think Dvorak is a good get right now, we see him as Stromes replacement at the same cap hit before Strome is gone, we have the luxury this year to add his replacement while we still have Strome. I'd imagine Drury has a plan or else just throwing $1.75mil out the window to Reaves right now is a waste. At the end of the day Kreider is the player that needs to go before LAF is due, even though i think Gallant might get more out of him.

I also believe Dvorak would be a good get, but only if you commit to him and Chytil as the mid 6 Cs. Find which one can be a longer term 2C. In this case, Strome is just a blocker on an expiring contract and would either need to be traded or potentially self rented and flex him out to RW. Would make no sense to me to have Strome block a long term C option from ice time

• 10 months later...