• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Gallant: "I want us to be the hardest-working team in the league."

Phil

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so curious to see what effect Gallant has on Kreider.

I really wanna believe Kreider has it under the hood, and if Gallant can't get it outta him, it doesn't fucking exist!! ...then I finally give up!

Except Gauthier is the only kid that played on the 4th line.

Might have been who he was referring to specifically, especially if he's bullish on "heavier bodies". We'll know soon enough what Gallant and Drury's opinion is of Goat, if he is protected or not.

And, oh yeah, Howden too on the 4th line. But with all the 3rd line opp he has had the past few years I can't imagine it's a reference to him.

Might have been who he was referring to specifically, especially if he's bullish on "heavier bodies". We'll know soon enough what Gallant and Drury's opinion is of Goat, if he is protected or not.

And, oh yeah, Howden too on the 4th line. But with all the 3rd line opp he has had the past few years I can't imagine it's a reference to him.

I mean Howden isn't playing over Zib, Strome or Chytil. Gauthier isn't playing over Buch, Kakko, or Krav. My interpertaion is him saying get Howden and Gauthier out of here and get me some vets for my 4th line

You all are really overanalyzing this one. He's not talking about our 2020-21 roster; he's talking in general about young players.

I wouldn't read further into it than that - there will not be some miracle of ice time for Gauthier unless he forces Gallant's hand, if he's even still here.

Except Gauthier is the only kid that played on the 4th line.

Howden and Krav. Hopefully this means they'll bring in a real 4th line center and demote Howden to the AHL where he belongs. Also, they might not have been on the 4th line on the lineup sheet to start the game but Kakko Laf and Chytil finished dead bottom TOI in multiple games.

You all are really overanalyzing this one. He's not talking about our 2020-21 roster; he's talking in general about young players.

I wouldn't read further into it than that - there will not be some miracle of ice time for Gauthier unless he forces Gallant's hand, if he's even still here.

Right. I doubt he’s even very familiar with the roster. He’s not following the team the way we are. He’s probably seen a handful of games. He’s had the job for a week. He’ll get to know what he’s working with over the next few months.

I mean Howden isn't playing over Zib, Strome or Chytil. Gauthier isn't playing over Buch, Kakko, or Krav. My interpertaion is him saying get Howden and Gauthier out of here and get me some vets for my 4th line

What you see right now in the top 9 likely isn't what it looks like after the offseason is complete.

It's almost like some of us noticed this all along...

Double yes!

Although I guess there may always be a "Gauthier" no matter the coach or the roster. This year's will hopefully find his way elsewhere this off season. I'll gladly try my luck with a new version this coming season.

I don't see Julien Gauthier as some hidden gem that we failed to uncover and yes Howden sucks, one has nothing to do with the other.

cant believe we're talking about gauthier here...

sure its coach speak. but while quinn did develop there definitely was a disconnect with the top guys buying in.

coach speak yes. than there's the locker room... then theres what you see in the end product.

i dont buy in that every team wants to be tougher to play against. yes they all say that but there are bad owners and good owners as well as gm's.

you will know what we are or hope to be watching what we do this off season. we dont need eichel. i think we all agree theres enough skill here. it's upto drury now and watching what he brings in.

theres almost to many prospects. drury will be judged on separating the wheat from the chafe so to speak in that he will have to deal with that hand of strength to get the ability to roll 4 lines confidently in any situation.

i always thought the defense would be the thing that needs to most help here but im thinking we are o.k. there. it really in my mind is about the bottom six on this roster.

that being said would love to see him hire martin back for the blue line.

edit:

would also like to see us out coach the other team off adjustments just once.

Call me simple, but I believe Gallant's track record has more weight than David Quinn's when they dish out coach speak like this. It was clear Quinn couldn't really get his players to buy in to whatever he was trying to sell them. Whereas Gallant has proved he can deliver time and time again.

I'm excited for this team to move forward.

This is the key here moreso than the quotes.

Drury seemed to hint at some restructuring of the team too.

Right. I doubt he’s even very familiar with the roster. He’s not following the team the way we are. He’s probably seen a handful of games. He’s had the job for a week. He’ll get to know what he’s working with over the next few months.

I would wager since getting the job and the Worlds ended Gallant has already watched a shitload of game tape from this season already. And he hasn't been out of the NHL really for very long.

I would wager since getting the job and the Worlds ended Gallant has already watched a shitload of game tape from this season already. And he hasn't been out of the NHL really for very long.

I would hope he watched every game from last season by now.

He didn't say anything that would make me more or less disposed in his favor. The usual blather, but I wouldn't expect him to say anything else. I'm sure the talk in one of these conferences is going to be pretty much the same whether it's Scotty Bowman or Brian Trottier. When we see how the team is playing 20 games in, no one will remember what he said today.