• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Yankees Thread

Blue Heaven

Britton has been hurt basically all year and he has no control whatsoever anymore. It's kind of concerning. Nick Nelson sucks and I really hope they keep Abreu around for a longer look. He has some control issues as well, but I think he has some good upside. But, yeah, considering they pulled out a win despite a blown late lead, you take it. The game was very much up in the air going in anyway. All things considered, they did OK since some arms were out because of COVID protocol and Chad Green was unavailable as well since he has "pitched too much". But, 9-3 in their last twelve games considering the pitching woes and continually struggling hitting with runners on base. It was actually refreshing last night seeing Torres lay down a bunt and LaMarre just go the other way and drive a pitch to win the game. Simple stuff that they just haven't done enough of.

Britton has been hurt basically all year and he has no control whatsoever anymore. It's kind of concerning. Nick Nelson sucks and I really hope they keep Abreu around for a longer look. He has some control issues as well, but I think he has some good upside. But, yeah, considering they pulled out a win despite a blown late lead, you take it. The game was very much up in the air going in anyway. All things considered, they did OK since some arms were out because of COVID protocol and Chad Green was unavailable as well since he has "pitched too much". But, 9-3 in their last twelve games considering the pitching woes and continually struggling hitting with runners on base. It was actually refreshing last night seeing Torres lay down a bunt and LaMarre just go the other way and drive a pitch to win the game. Simple stuff that they just haven't done enough of.

I was always a fan of fundamental play, Sharpy!

Yeah the pitching has seemed to have hit some rough waters. Hopefully they can gain some momentum and make a move down the stretch here. ....crossing my fingers!

I was always a fan of fundamental play, Sharpy!

Yeah the pitching has seemed to have hit some rough waters. Hopefully they can gain some momentum and make a move down the stretch here. ....crossing my fingers!

There's been some rumors that they're interested in Joey Gallo from Texas. I don't know if the Yankees want to part with one of their top prospects like Anthony Volpe to get him, though.

There's been some rumors that they're interested in Joey Gallo from Texas. I don't know if the Yankees want to part with one of their top prospects like Anthony Volpe to get him, though.

I wouldn't! This isn't gonna be our year Sharpy. Too many injuries and the pitching won't hold up. I'll be happy if they get in the playoffs and maybe win one round. I think that might even be a lot to ask this season though!

I clicked on the Yankees last night after I finished getting Krakened to see them win. Didn’t recognize one player out there lol.

They look a little different from the beginning of the season, K!

They've been ravaged with injuries and Covid just lately.

LaGreca nailed it. That was a great rant. Cashman and the analytic stooges for this organization are the real problem. This team needs a management overhaul in the worst way. I don't know if Hal gives a shit enough to actually make it happen. Maybe if they miss the playoffs a couple of years in a row and the attendance continues to drop, they'll get the message. If you spend your money on this team for the overpriced tickets and beer and food, you're a fool.

LaGreca nailed it. That was a great rant. Cashman and the analytic stooges for this organization are the real problem. This team needs a management overhaul in the worst way. I don't know if Hal gives a shit enough to actually make it happen. Maybe if they miss the playoffs a couple of years in a row and the attendance continues to drop, they'll get the message. If you spend your money on this team for the overpriced tickets and beer and food, you're a fool.

I just don't get it with them, Sharpy...

Sunday, we've got German, out there making a statement.

He's got a No hitter through 7 innings, and his slider was ELECTRIC!!!

He gives up one fucking hit and Boone shot up out of the dugout like he has a spring in his ass to pull him?!?!?!?!?!?

One hit?????

The Red Sox must've been the happiest guys on the planet!

Not only that, but we HAVE AN 8TH INNING GUY: Britton!!! ...and he brings in Loisaga?? What the the blue fucking hell???

The guy gets racked up for 5 runs and they end up bringing in Britton anyway!!!! :doh:

I fucking give up! Why am I wasting my aneurysms with these flaming nut bags???

Yeah, you shouldn't. It's not healthy. lol

Boone is horrendous anyway, but I don't think he's making a majority of these moves. Cashman and others have to be in his ears. Give German at least one or two more batters, then yes, bring in Britton. Or, if you're going to bring in Loaisaga, don't leave him in there after he clearly has nothing and four runs are in. Ugh. Between the awful managing and the underperforming bullpen, the Yankees should be about 12-14 games over .500 and easily in a playoff spot. Again, Boone is terrible, but the bullpen deserves from criticism too, especially Chapman. When Chapman is struggling for as long as he has, it really gets the bullpen out of whack. Greene clearly can't close. He's blown a handful of games already with three or even four run leads. This can't happen this many times in one season.

...and the sickest thing of all, is that even after being this disappointing all season, they're still only 2 games behind Oakland for the 2nd wild card spot!!!!

How sick is that??

This team is actually going to make the playoffs in spite of themselves....I can see it now!

...and you know we're all going to buy the hype and say we have that "puncher's chance" of making a run at it. I know I will...because I'm a big fan, and you wanna buy that shit!! :rofl:

Yeah, I mean it's naturally hard to root against your team. 'Fan'' is short for 'fanatic' after all. It is kind of crazy they're still right there, though. I still didn't like that MLB added another Wild Card spot. It's a bit much now. I will say, to this team's credit, as many times as they've taken it on the chin with a crappy loss this year, there's still right there.

I'm not sure if Cashman is the issue though. He's been a damn good GM for pretty much what is it? 50 years now? It sure feels like it!

I think Boone thinks he's Tony LaRussa nowadays....the whole pitch count thing has gotten so outta hand, and this shift shit could be beaten if this team would simply bunt for base hits every once in a while, to keep them honest!

I'm not sure if Cashman is the issue though. He's been a damn good GM for pretty much what is it? 50 years now? It sure feels like it!

I think Boone thinks he's Tony LaRussa nowadays....the whole pitch count thing has gotten so outta hand, and this shift shit could be beaten if this team would simply bunt for base hits every once in a while, to keep them honest!

Yes. The baseball IQ of this team is the worst I've seen it. Poor fundamentals offensively, defensively and on the bases. It's a trifecta of incompetence. I'm not someone who thinks Cashman is necessarily an awful GM, but he did have a really bad offseason. Just about everything he did backfired.

Yes. The baseball IQ of this team is the worst I've seen it. Poor fundamentals offensively, defensively and on the bases. It's a trifecta of incompetence. I'm not someone who thinks Cashman is necessarily an awful GM, but he did have a really bad offseason. Just about everything he did backfired.

It really did! No one saw Kluber's injury coming and Taillon hasn't been too wonderful either. Decent, but not great.

The team is very boring to watch though...kinda "station to station".

The Mets actually are the more exciting team in NY, even though their records are quite similar at the moment.

Another bad one was that he gifted Ottavino to the Red Sox and used that salary for O'Day and Wilson. O'Day has been hurt almost all season (now officially out for the year) and Wilson has just been flat out awful. Also, choosing to stick with Clint Frazier instead of bringing in Schwarber or Brantley was another one.

Another bad one was that he gifted Ottavino to the Red Sox and used that salary for O'Day and Wilson. O'Day has been hurt almost all season (now officially out for the year) and Wilson has just been flat out awful. Also, choosing to stick with Clint Frazier instead of bringing in Schwarber or Brantley was another one.

Yup, agreed! There's been too much bad play and silly mistakes. It's actually been very difficult to watch without looking through your fingers at times!!

Another bad one was that he gifted Ottavino to the Red Sox and used that salary for O'Day and Wilson. O'Day has been hurt almost all season (now officially out for the year) and Wilson has just been flat-out awful. Also, choosing to stick with Clint Frazier instead of bringing in Schwarber or Brantley was another one.

Also, not bringing in more outfield depth and relying on a 38-year-old outfielder to play regularly because your starting centerfielder got injured, AGAIN!!!!

Wilson: the Mets warned us about him.

I just don't get it with them, Sharpy...

Sunday, we've got German, out there making a statement.

He's got a No hitter through 7 innings, and his slider was ELECTRIC!!!

He gives up one fucking hit and Boone shot up out of the dugout like he has a spring in his ass to pull him?!?!?!?!?!?

One hit?????

The Red Sox must've been the happiest guys on the planet!

Not only that, but we HAVE AN 8TH INNING GUY: Britton!!! ...and he brings in Loisaga?? What the the blue fucking hell???

The guy gets racked up for 5 runs and they end up bringing in Britton anyway!!!! :doh:

I fucking give up! Why am I wasting my aneurysms with these flaming nut bags???

What Boone did, reminded me of Kevin Cash in Game 6 of the 2020 World Series.

You have a starter that is dealing, he gives up one hit, then you panic? Goes to show how using analytics doesn't work in those in-game situations.

Also, give your overworked bullpen a break, will ya?

Also, not bringing in more outfield depth and relying on a 38-year-old outfielder to play regularly because your starting centerfielder got injured, AGAIN!!!!

Wilson: the Mets warned us about him.

Wilson was alright for the Mets, I just didn't think he'd be this brutal for the Yankees. He basically didn't get anybody out. Mets Wilson was much better. But, yeah, that whole thing totally blew up in Cashman's face. With Frazier having vertigo issues and still feeling it from the concussion, you really have to wonder if his career and wellbeing are in danger at this point.

What Boone did, reminded me of Kevin Cash in Game 6 of the 2020 World Series.

You have a starter that is dealing, he gives up one hit, then you panic? Goes to show how using analytics doesn't work in those in-game situations.

Also, give your overworked bullpen a break, will ya?

I really like Boone too, and it kills me that he's got his nose in the "analytics book" all the time.

German is starting to really get his shit together, and they piss away a well-deserved win for the guy, because of Boone making a very bad choice.

What do you think of this projected Gallo trade? They did give up a couple of good prospects, but not necessarily their super duper ones. It seems like just another Cashman move adding a low-average power hitter to the lineup. He is good about getting on base at least, but I don't know. They still have enough assets to be all in on Story, who I think would be the better addition.