• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Artemi Panarin Suffers Lower-Body Injury; Out for Remainder of Season

Phil

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NHL Translation to the Rangers:

"STOP BEING PUSSIES AND HANDLE IT YOURSELVES"....pretty easy to get that message, I think.

This all started when Martin crushed Trouba into the boards and put him out for the season. Who on this team going to do anything ? Trouba might've been the only one Ozzy.

This all started when Martin crushed Trouba into the boards and put him out for the season. Who on this team going to do anything ? Trouba might've been the only one Ozzy.

Trouba's physical portion of the game is being a clean body checker. He wouldn't have done anything either.

Really? They just gave him a fine for $5K. So what is the NHL? Should the league become where the top players ask not to play against Tom Wilson because he's a dangerous player with no regard for anything? The NHL has once again shit themselves regarding player safety. Wishing it so doesn't make it true. The NHL will not protect your players. That is on each in individual team.

The Rangers on the ice did the best they could. I'm fine with everyone of their reactions. The fact that Wilson played the entire third period without incident is an indictment on our roster. You are 100% right there is no-one on the Rangers who can/would do anything. That's the problem. Having a guy who can beat the shit out of Wilson maybe impossible to find. Having a guy who would go after a Backstrom as retribution would have been "code". Wilson rag dolled fucking Artemni Panarin,. This isn't Simon on Hollweg.

The NHL should make it so that we're not sitting here wondering why nobody ran at Backstrom as if that's a logical outcome. Should have thrown the book at Wilson instead of basically telling the Rangers that they can do whatever they want tomorrow and it'll just cost them a fraction of their salary and two points in a meaningless game.

That's horrendous brand management from the central office.

If it's me Paddy, I'm addressing this in the off season. We have a lot of work to do, and addressing our vaginal approach to playing the NHL game is atop the list. This problem started a long time ago, as Josh and many others have alluded. Anytime a team got physical with the Rangers, they folded.

That shit stops immediately, in my mind.

JD remembers the old days, and the enforcer era....well.....it's back!

No enforcer is going to deter Tom Wilson - he's a unicorn amongst NHL players. Maybe other players but not him. The DPS should be doing that and they've failed to this point, obviously.

The thing is that I'm a huge Wilson fan. I think he's a special hockey player in the sense that there aren't many, if any, players like him. Exactly the player every team needs and wants because they're impossible to find. I don't want the league penalizing his physicality because it being in the game is good. But this after the whistle violence, because that's all it is, is really where I'd draw the line. It's a street fight what he's doing there, not hockey. You want to run players and sometimes go over the line while you're trying to play hockey, that's fine with me. Sometimes officials will get it right, sometimes they won't. But this is just street fighting and that's where I really would love to see him reigned in a bit. It's senseless for players to get hurt in situations like that.

• Like 2

It’s not back, it’s tough to find an enforcer that can actually play

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'm going on the message of what the NHL is sending here, Vodka. My interpretation is that this should be policed by the teams going forward. The strategy seems to work too! Every time a team shits on the Rangers, they fold like a cheap suit, so why not bring in a guy that can be a policeman.

They're out there, man...just gotta bring one in. Reeves albeit is pushing 35 right now, makes about $1.75 million...not a bad insurance policy. Guys like that should be relatively inexpensive, but how important would one of those guys have been last night? ...or against Matt Martin's Isles??

I think the NHL is saying, "this is hockey, and if you can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen!".

Maybe I'm reading that decision on the fine the wrong way, but that's my interpretation. Am I that far off, man? ;)

No enforcer is going to deter Tom Wilson - he's a unicorn amongst NHL players. Maybe other players but not him. The DPS should be doing that and they've failed to this point, obviously.

The thing is that I'm a huge Wilson fan. I think he's a special hockey player in the sense that there aren't many, if any, players like him. Exactly the player every team needs and wants because they're impossible to find. I don't want the league penalizing his physicality because it being in the game is good. But this after the whistle violence, because that's all it is, is really where I'd draw the line. It's a street fight what he's doing there, not hockey. You want to run players and sometimes go over the line while you're trying to play hockey, that's fine with me. Sometimes officials will get it right, sometimes they won't. But this is just street fighting and that's where I really would love to see him reigned in a bit. It's senseless for players to get hurt in situations like that.

Spot on.

I don't know if I agree with the last part. I obviously think Tom Wilson is a good player. A unicorn is a good way of putting it. There aren't many like him in the league, if any.

I try to look at it from the viewpoint that if he was on the Rangers how would I react, and honestly, I'd probably love it. If he was tossing Ovi around and single handedly beating up the other team, he'd be my favorite player. Yeah, I'm sour that Panarin got tosses and Buch was punched while down but you know what I wish happened more than a suspension? I wish the Rangers had a few players that could stand up for the team.

More than mad, I'm embarrassed that they got their asses kicked so hard in the last week, literally. In their last three games they were bullied without even a hint of a response. Once Trouba went out, it's like they lost their guard dog or something and they completely folded. It's not their fault, really. They don't have those kinds of players. But, IMO, it's borderline unsafe for them to play the big boy teams right now and I hope Gorton addresses that this summer.

Yes.

But you know who will get him to stop doing this? His teammates, once their health, safety, and playoff success is in jeopardy.

Fighting and hitting Wilson wont change him.

Absolutely fucking destroying Backstrom, Carlson, Orolov, a goalie... will immediately have teammates on him in the lockerroom getting him to stop with the shenanigans.

I gotta say, watching that shit last night reminded me of the days when I was a kid around 7 or 8 years old and watched the Flyers guys like Kelly, Schultz, Holmgren, Bridgeman and the rest run over the Rangers. I watched Schultz rag doll Dale Rolfe, who wasn't even a fighter, and basically beat the shit out of him while the rest of the team just watched.

With the exception of the team under Keenan, and probably Torts, the Rangers have never been the team to "be afraid of".

I'm kinda at a crossroads with this one, because if you leave it to the NHL to levy justice I just don't think the punishment is ever going to equal the crime. But the question that comes to mind is that if you have a guy like Reeves on the team, does this shit go as far as we saw last night?

I'm curious to see what the NHL does about this one; Simply put, if the NHL decides to go easy on Wilson, and make it a slap on the wrist, they basically are making other teams employ enforcers again to do the real police work. I think everyone's watching this one closely though.

One thing is for sure though; When Matt Martin took out Trouba, all the air went out of the team, and the Rangers went down like a $3 hooker in that game.

Wilson basically shreds an entire 5 man, and the Rangers cough up 4 consecutive goals to lose...only to surrender an empty netter to the guy who pissed all over them.

Maybe there is a place for enforcers again in the NHL???

Maybe we've come full circle???

Whatever decision the NHL makes on this is going to be very interesting. It actually comes at a very good time in that as the Rangers continue to build, their eyes will be wide open as to what to employ to help, and possibly bring in a very dangerous deterrent "watch dog" as insurance for these young talented kids.

Wasn't it Clark Gilles who beat the shit out of Schultz basically ending the Broad Street Bullies reign and the beginning the Islanders Dynasty?

That's not quite true. Players jumped in to help, there's just no one who could handle wilson at all.

IT'S EXACTLY TRUE!! NOT ONE SINGLE PLAYER DROPPED HIS GLOVES AND BELTED WILSON IN THE CHOPS. THESE GUYS DISGRACED THEMSELVES BY LETTING A GUY LIKE HIM GO UNPUNISHED. A BUNCH OF FANCY DANS THAT HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PHYSICALITY IN THEIR BLOOD. HE ALWAYS PLAYS THAT WAY AND NOONE KICKS HIS ASS. SMASHING PANARIN'S HEAD ON THE ICE AND PUNCHING HIM WHILE DOWN WAS NOT ANSWERED BY A SINGLE PLAYER. I'M FURIOUS OVER THE WAY THIS TEAM PLAYS LIKE SOFT MARSHMALLOWS. IT'S DISGUSTING AND DOWNRIGHT INSULTING TO THOSE THAT PAY TO BE FORCED TO WATCH THIS KIND OF DISPLAY.

So basically! I'm not crazy!! well, ok...not as crazy as I thought.....Scotty's got the same interpretation I got from it.

Message to the Rangers is: Go build a tougher team! I'm all for it, and if it takes this type of situation to send that message, then so be it!

I think it's time DPS is run by somebody who's a middle of the road guy, not a cement head who only sniffed the NHL because he was 6'6" and would drop the gloves all day long because he couldn't play the game otherwise at that level. Put somebody in there who could actually play the game and was willing to fight and play a physical game.

Read the rest - it's hardly vanilla.

He's gonna get fined for what he said about player safety failing to police the game.

I think I did.

other than "joke", he pretty much signaled they will continue to bend over and take it, while praying the NHL might do something.

'typical "PC" answers' more accurate?

I think I did.

other than "joke", he pretty much signaled they will continue to bend over and take it, while praying the NHL might do something.

'typical "PC" answers' more accurate?

There's literally nothing "PC" about this aside from Strome not outwardly saying "this is fucking bullshit"