• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo Facing Buyout This Summer if Not Taken by Seattle

Phil

I'm really liking the way Drury does things....I know it sounds simple, but for a "new" GM, he's very calculating...or so it seems.

I think we're going to find out why he was so sought after sooner or later.

Either that or the whole thing about to be fucked.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nothing bad to say about Drury so far but as we all know it’s still early and there are some pretty big tests coming up.

It will surely be an eventful and interesting off season for this organization

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he doesn't even get bought out. There hasn't been an official word on if he is not welcome back. I think Gallant would LOVE him.

I am confident I remember Drury flat out saying nothing with DeAngelo will change when the GM musical chairs game ended. I wouldn't be surprised if Drury was the one advising Gorton on this course of action to begin with- knowing Drury and how reserved and a good hockey guy he is he probably disliked having such a loose canon on the team. Total speculation of course but it wouldn't shock me.

smart guy. Short but smart. If I was a GM of team and was interested in ADA, i'd see if i can trade for him for a low pick or AHLer. i would'nt wait for the rangers to buy him out because there would be more bidders

i can see Gorton would've already had ADA bought out.

I think a lot of teams would have pursued that if the cap wasn't flat. It's a nominal risk for one year if the cap goes up half of his salary. It's a significant risk with the cap stuck to have a 5m defender on the payroll and riding pine for any contending team.

Just as persistent as some hopes that Deangelo somehow returns as a Ranger, is the equally ridiculous belief that he's some scrub that can't help a NHL team.

He's a god awful defensive liability but damn it if he cant run point on the PP.

He will play somewhere next season.

Just as persistent as some hopes that Deangelo somehow returns as a Ranger, is the equally ridiculous belief that he's some scrub that can't help a NHL team.
The reason he won't be in the NHL in the next 2 to 3 years has nothing to do with his on Ice play and everything to do with who he is.

I say this barring a major spike in maturity, which is always possible, however unlikely.

I am confident I remember Drury flat out saying nothing with DeAngelo will change when the GM musical chairs game ended. I wouldn't be surprised if Drury was the one advising Gorton on this course of action to begin with- knowing Drury and how reserved and a good hockey guy he is he probably disliked having such a loose canon on the team. Total speculation of course but it wouldn't shock me.

But if Folan is annoyed about the moves and lack of moves by Gorton, I don't think he'd hire the guy that decided to throw away 8+ million dollars..

I don't recall Drury saying anything about it. Just speculation from writers.

He's a god awful defensive liability but damn it if he cant run point on the PP.

He will play somewhere next season.

When the jerk off was on Twitter he asked fans for subjects to talk about on his pod cast.

He never answered but I asked how a player like himself, who is admittedly BAD at the defensive position, plays the position as a kid and STAYS at the position, despite being so bad at it.

Can anyone with coaching background explain how such things happen? Why in the hell is such a gifted offensive player, played as a defenseman while it's obvious he shouldn't be?

Did almost nothing vs. the Canes last August. Whole team was awful, but not like he was a shining star. He can be a very productive PP point, but he will be going to yet another team because of his mouth. This is incoachability and lack of maturity. And really it's gonna cost ADA a small fortune and an NHL career if he doesn't grow up.

When the jerk off was on Twitter he asked fans for subjects to talk about on his pod cast.

He never answered but I asked how a player like himself, who is admittedly BAD at the defensive position, plays the position as a kid and STAYS at the position, despite being so bad at it.

Can anyone with coaching background explain how such things happen? Why in the hell is such a gifted offensive player, played as a defenseman while it's obvious he shouldn't be?

I haven't looked at his junior stats but I assume is the same reason he stays in the NHL... he put up numbers which gives the coaches a reason to play him.

I'd also suggest that its easier to defend at pretty much any other level than it is in the NHL so his glaring mistakes probably didnt make themselves as evident.

A player like him requires a coach that is skilled at not only utilizing players at the right time but also making in game decisions. You can argue that Quinn was not that guy.