• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo Facing Buyout This Summer if Not Taken by Seattle

Phil

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need DeAngelo back on the roster. They shouldn't buy him out...

Probably need the cap space more.

It would have been nice to be able to get assets in return, but that ship has sailed. Cut ties, lets move on.

He was 6 games into his 9m contract.

Your company going to be happy if they bring in someone getting paid 5m annually, and is sent home after a week and still gets paid?

Sports doesn't work like companies.

And my company probably isn't the one you want to compare anybody to, because we waste a lot of money.

And on top of that....

think about what a tool this kid must be that they actually paid him his salary to just go away and not come back.

They'd rather play Smith, Hajek, or Bitteto than have him in the room for one more minute. That's brutal.

And my company probably isn't the one you want to compare anybody to, because we waste a lot of money.

And on top of that....

think about what a tool this kid must be that they actually paid him his salary to just go away and not come back.

They'd rather play Smith, Hajek, or Bitteto than have him in the room for one more minute. That's brutal.

And with the same line of assumption, maybe that's a part of why "They" are no longer employed by the Rangers.

And on top of that....

Right, and what are they doing now? The prep school never-was, the prep school gym teacher, and the former talking head, who is now on his 4th Org in ten years.

Even Jim Dolan figured out they had no idea how to build a hockey club.

Talk about brutal.

Right, and what are they doing now? The prep school never-was, the prep school gym teacher, and the for. Er talking head, who is now on his 4th Org in ten years.

Even Jim Dolan figured out they had no idea how to build a hockey club.

Talk about brutal.

Yea I don't know what this means but they could have brought back ADA any time and can do it now, and they're not... So... Yea.

I think ADA deserves another shot here in NY. 99% chance he won't get it though. Really unfair what the unfounded rumors and bad management did to him. Awful asset management it's no surprise to see the front office clean up. Would love to see him back because he makes our pairings and PP so much better.

I love the guy, but that ship sailed six months ago. Its over.

We can still use it to trigger Pete though, I'm cool with that.

He's too valuable to just let go. His on ice attitude is more or less what's lacking here. Obviously his off ice attitude is a problem. For some anyway. I think he's the bees knees.

• Like 1

I think ADA deserves another shot here in NY. 99% chance he won't get it though. Really unfair what the unfounded rumors and bad management did to him. Awful asset management it's no surprise to see the front office clean up. Would love to see him back because he makes our pairings and PP so much better.

Fair to note this was awful cap managment, but more in the sense of why was he re-signed. Leading the NHL in dead cap every year is not something any owner likes.

"Another chance"? Again, this guy is going on his 5th organization. He was told by EVERYBODY here to simply shut the fuck up and play hockey. If he really understood his role and his value, that was very reasonable and doable. And that was beyond him. I understand the frustration that Quinn didn't much care that the stars blew him off night after night, but really he wasn't asking very much of ADA.

Fair to note this was awful cap managment, but more in the sense of why was he re-signed. Leading the NHL in dead cap every year is not something any owner likes.

"Another chance"? Again, this guy is going on his 5th organization. He was told by EVERYBODY here to simply shut the fuck up and play hockey. If he really understood his role and his value, that was very reasonable and doable. And that was beyond him. I understand the frustration that Quinn didn't much care that the stars blew him off night after night, but really he wasn't asking very much of ADA.

Right. And because he couldn't keep his fat mouth shut, he'll have his last shot at the NHL. How do you think it ends?

When it comes to buying out Tony DeAngelo, Rangers general manager Chris Drury appears to be following the Lou Lamoriello principle that when you have time, you should use it.

Sources have indicated that the Blueshirts are not expected to officially cut ties with the exiled defenseman until after the Seattle expansion draft is conducted on July 21. That would leave a six-day period until the first buyout window closes on July 27.

The buyout window opened on Friday, but the Rangers gain no advantage by getting on with the deed sooner rather than later. Indeed, keeping DeAngelo on the roster gives Drury flexibility prior to drafting his team’s protected list that must be submitted to the league on July 17.

With Jacob Trouba and Ryan Lindgren sure to be protected; Adam Fox, K’Andre Miller and Zac Jones exempt; and Libor Hajek currently a restricted free agent without a contract for next season, DeAngelo and Anthony Bitetto are the only Blueshirt defensemen to meet the exposure requirement.

Though the likelihood of a trade involving Bitetto before the protected list is due would seem slim indeed, Drury does maintain the option to do so by keeping DeAngelo on the roster.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/12/why-rangers-arent-rushing-tony-deangelo-buyout/