• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo Facing Buyout This Summer if Not Taken by Seattle

Phil

Right. Treat it like free agency. Find the "right fit."

I do, because Provorov plays on their second unit and on the left side. First unit is Giroux-Ghost. Second is Prov-Hayes. It's an easy swap. DeAngelo for Ghost.

He's getting more than minimum, IMO. Probably $2 – 2.5 million?

Where Provorov shows up today on Daily Faceoff has nothing to do with next year. As you said, they're playing a waived guy on PP1.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AND.....figured it was about time to bump this thread. Any chance ADA gets a swan song with change over in the front office? Can there be redemption?

(This should go over like a fart in church)

I think he can be bought out as soon as the finals are over.

AND.....figured it was about time to bump this thread. Any chance ADA gets a swan song with change over in the front office? Can there be redemption?

(This should go over like a fart in church)

Zero.Zero

I still think it'll be the Flyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think ADA needs an old school coach, both from the perspective of letting him play his game with his heart on his sleeve, and slapping some good old common sense in him when required.

I think ADA needs an old school coach, both from the perspective of letting him play his game with his heart on his sleeve, and slapping some good old common sense in him when required.

Also a team that needs PP1 quarterback. Florida Panthers have the coach and the need. Philly may be Tonys first choice but Miami may be best fit.

After the Lightning hoisted the Stanley Cup for the second consecutive season Wednesday night in Tampa following their victory over the Canadiens, not only did the offseason officially begin, but — more importantly for the Rangers — it ignited the 24-hour countdown to the opening of the buyout window. This is where the Rangers’ offseason agenda likely begins.

The Rangers are expected to buy out the final year of Tony DeAngelo’s contract as soon as possible, rather than exposing the 25-year-old defenseman in the Seattle Kraken expansion draft, which is set for July 21.

This is the most cost-effective route for the Rangers, especially since it is clear the Kraken wouldn’t take DeAngelo. Plus, considering DeAngelo is under 26, the buyout amounts to only one-third of his remaining salary instead of two-thirds.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/08/tony-deangelo-call-expansion-draft-start-key-rangers-offseason/

Still radioactive. He'll get a deal, but no one wants to touch him unless its on their own terms and they can control the PR of bringing him in.
Which Seattle CAN do ... Yet won't.

Seems like production isn't king.

I still think Philly, but AV makes me question that some. They seem dead-set on firing Gostisbehere into the sun, so there's probably a prime PP opportunity waiting for him there. If not, Florida maybe?