• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 NHL Trade Deadline: Presented by 'Mad Money with Jim Cramer'

Phil

There’s a one inch difference between Mete and Vatanen. Weird to write Mete off for being small when Vatanen is virtually no different.

I also don't understand why we would have any interest in Vatanen who's going to be 30 in a few months and who's best days a clearly behind him. Mete is believe 22 and while I have no interest in either if I had to choose one it would be the 22 year old. We aren't on some cup run here where a 30 year old's experience might mean something. Let alone a 30 year old who's best days are long gone. I think there's a reason why Vatanen had not takers very late into the off season, signed for peanuts and I would think it's safe to assume the devils tried to move him prior to waiving him as well.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There’s a one inch difference between Mete and Vatanen. Weird to write Mete off for being small when Vatanen is virtually no different.

Also we know what Vatanen is and it’s nothing special at this point. Mete will be cheaper, higher ceiling at this point, younger, etc.

Vatanen is on 5 points in 29 games, coming off multiple injuries, but has relatively decent possesion/advanced metrics. Honestly, there's no need to pick him up. We aren't pushing the playoffs, and we have a few guys in Hartford that deserve at least a look. Reunanen specifically, and that's only if we deal Smith away.

One is a former 1st pairing defender. The other is a 23 year old already on waivers. One relies on speed to accomplish anything at all because he sucks otherwise, while the other is still a pretty solid all around player.

Why is their even a discussion of picking up a defenseman off of waivers? Rangers don't need one.....and rosters expand on Tuesday so Reunenennenenennnen may be up.

Playoff push. They could use a definite depth player, who Quinn can lean on if there's an injury. I believe he's a righty shot too. Meh. If you guys aren't into it, you aren't into it. I wouldn't mind it. Not like they are doing anything with that cap space.

Playoff push. They could use a definite depth player, who Quinn can lean on if there's an injury. I believe he's a right shot too. Meh. If you guys aren't into it, you aren't into it. I wouldn't mind it. Not like they are doing anything with that cap space.

what playoff push? Rangers aren't making the playoffs unless they go on like a 6 game winning streak, and Boston/Philly don't get any free OT points.

One is a salary dump and maybea a favor to the player to get an opportunity with a contender. . The other... I dunno. He sucks or something?

They both have less than five points and similar advanced stats. How is Vatanen better? We're also not making the playoffs. How are we catching Boston? Might as well see what we have already in the organization. No need for another fragile vet reclamation project.

5 points behind Boston for the last spot. Boston has two games in hand. How is that an okay position?

Well. Boston is banged up and really aren't THAT good. They lost tonight. The Rangers shoulda picked up the win tonight. Was in their hands. 5 points ain't shit.

And I think the Rangers schedule is more favorable for them. They play NJs AHL team in their next 4 straight, If they don't sweep, it's over, but after that it's a mix of Buffalo, Philly and the Isles,, all of whom they play very well.

Boston has to face the Isles, Pitt and Washington a LOT to finish the season. It may come down to the last 2 games of the Rangers season AGAINST Boston.

Well. Boston is banged up and really aren't THAT good. They lost tonight. The Rangers shoulda picked up the win tonight. Was in their hands. 5 points ain't shit.

And I think the Rangers schedule is more favorable for them. They play NJs AHL team in their next 4 straight, If they don't sweep, it's over, but after that it's a mix of Buffalo, Philly and the Isles,, all of whom they play very well.

Boston has to face the Isles, Pitt and Washington a LOT to finish the season. It may come down to the last 2 games of the Rangers season AGAINST Boston.

The Bruins also have 5 games against Buffalo and play two more games (against the isles and caps) after our series with them.

Rangers have 15 games left, they can max out at 74 points.

Bruins have 17 games left, 6 games vs. Buffalo (10 points out of 12), 2 vs. Devils (2 pts), 3 vs. Islanders (1 pt), 2 vs. Penguins (2 pts), 2 vs. Rangers (2 pts), 2 vs. Caps (2 pts).

Lets give the Bruins 19 points out of a possible 34 points.

Bruins would have 67 points

That basically means the Rangers have to go 12-3 = 68 points....Anyone see this NYR team win 12 of 15 games?

Rangers have 15 games left, they can max out at 74 points.

Bruins have 17 games left, 6 games vs. Buffalo (10 points out of 12), 2 vs. Devils (2 pts), 3 vs. Islanders (1 pt), 2 vs. Penguins (2 pts), 2 vs. Rangers (2 pts), 2 vs. Caps (2 pts).

Lets give the Bruins 19 points out of a possible 34 points.

Bruins would have 67 points

That basically means the Rangers have to go 12-3 = 68 points....Anyone see this NYR team win 12 of 15 games?

Yep, it's this. Barring the Sabres going on an utter tear or the Bruins hitting the skids, the Rangers basically need to go at around an .800 points percent to have a shot.

It's not impossible, but it's implausible.

Yeah, not going to happen. At the very least I'm hoping they close the season playing really well like last year before the shutdowns when they actually could have gotten into the playoffs. I know they did anyway, technically, but that was weird. lol We'll see if they make any big moves to day (not likely), how Krav continues to play and all of that. But, still, the way this team has played all year, where it's one step forward, two steps back, two steps forward, one step back, even a strong finish is unlikely to happen.