• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 NHL Trade Deadline: Presented by 'Mad Money with Jim Cramer'

Phil

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That could be the plan. Instead of someone like Blackwell being Seattle fodder, do it to Georgiev instead. lol Both will probably be unprotected anyway.

I mean Blackwell and Rooney and the glut of scrubs signed this past summer were brought in precisely to be unprotected. I didn't think that was the case with Georgiev at the time, but he's a good candidate now that he stinks and has a two year deal.

If only we could have predicted this exact thing... oh, oh wait...
So for folks like myself who wanted to keep Hank for the final year... We could have had a decent return for Geo last year, Hank on LTIR this year, with cap space....

But no, people hated Hank so much, he was a plague that needed to be dealt with. He was wrecking it for Shesterkin.

• Like 2

He's statistically in the top 10 WORST goalies in the league this season. Getting "value" for him would be getting anything for him. There will be no callers.

Plus every team has a goalie somewhere, be it on the NHL or AHL level or a draftee, they view as a possible servicable backup that works way cheaper than Georgiev. Nobody envisions him as a possible starter like was the case with Raanta or Talbot.

I kinda glad they gave Igor a shot this year. For the most part, he's been pretty good, and he's most likely only going to get better.

I'm never a fan of buyouts. I kinda hoped they could move Hank in a deal, but I'm sure that $8 mil was tough to trade, especially without salary retention, or taking back a shit contract. I'm not really a huge advocate of Georgiev either. I forget what was offered for him, maybe a 2nd rounder??? I dunno, but they probably would want that one back.

Either way, I think Shesterkin is going to be our man here for a long time, and Hank's departure was inevitable. I think this shortened, screwed up scheduled season was perfect to transition in Igor. There's a lot of games in a shortened period and he plays some really tough teams in a somewhat playoff series kinda format.

So for folks like myself who wanted to keep Hank for the final year... We could have had a decent return for Geo last year, Hank on LTIR this year, with cap space....

But no, people hated Hank so much, he was a plague that needed to be dealt with. He was wrecking it for Shesterkin.

Well you were right. But we both know, if they hadn’t gotten rid of Hank and this year they were performing the way they are, there would have been talk of Hanks last year being a distraction and all that and how it affects the players.

Now without all that we can see it’s Quinn :)

Don't forget that without Geo to bitch out on DeAngelo we'd still have a top 5-10 offensive dman on the team.

• Like 1

Well you were right. But we both know, if they hadn’t gotten rid of Hank and this year they were performing the way they are, there would have been talk of Hanks last year being a distraction and all that and how it affects the players.

Now without all that we can see it’s Quinn :)

Hank wouldn't even be here! LTIR! What distraction?

Don't forget that without Geo to bitch out on DeAngelo we'd still have a top 5-10 offensive dman on the team.

Plus, they would have won that game because Lundqvist isnt going out to play that puck.

Another point bc Henrik isn't trying to pass to Panarin at middle ice, either.

Plus, they would have won that game because Lundqvist isnt going out to play that puck.

Another point bc Henrik isn't trying to pass to Panarin at middle ice, either.

Or look worse than my beer league goalie on the breakaway lol

you really think they bought out Henke cause some fans wanted it?

you really think they bought out Henke cause some fans wanted it?
No, I think he was bought out because someone thought Geo was better, and they were wrong.

Point is, we saw this coming. There was no reason to buy out Lundqvist. Could have gotten a decent return for Geo last year.

No, I think he was bought out because someone thought Geo was better, and they were wrong.

Point is, we saw this coming. There was no reason to buy out Lundqvist. Could have gotten a decent return for Geo last year.

did they decline decent offers for Geo? i honestly dont remember. As far as Lundqvist, hindsight is 20/20

In a fever dream, would love to see Trouba and Kreider be wearing new different uniforms next week. In the cap era coupled with NMCs, simply not remotely feasible.

Kreider at least is effective if only in spurts. Right now he's in one of too often his invisible cycles.

Trouba...jeez, WTF.... UNDER CONTRACT UNTIL 2026.

In a fever dream, would love to see Trouba and Kreider be wearing new different uniforms next week. In the cap era coupled with NMCs, simply not remotely feasible.

Kreider at least is effective if only in spurts. Right now he's in one of too often his invisible cycles.

Trouba...jeez, WTF.... UNDER CONTRACT UNTIL 2026.

We all know Kreider has his stretches of invisibility, but this latest round seems worse than all of them to me. Most games he's not even, at the very least, standing in front of the net, he's behind it. What's up with that? He's a complimentary player who's not complimenting anything right now, and I think this is the worst stretch of his career.

I really Trouba is a buy-out candidate in another 2-3 years, but we'll see.