• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 NHL Trade Deadline: Presented by 'Mad Money with Jim Cramer'

Phil

Yes, but an acquiring team is not paying his full cap hit because he has played ~75% of his season and that part of his cap hit is charged to the Rangers.

That $2.175 @ 50% retention is really like $543K.

I'm not sure I follow. Yes, the Rangers will have paid 75% of his salary, but an acquiring team that get's player doesn't get a discount on the cap hit.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I follow. Yes, the Rangers will have paid 75% of his salary, but an acquiring team that get's player doesn't get a discount on the cap hit.

The team gets charged (cap hit) * (% of days on roster/% of days in season) so ultimately, the acquiring team is responsible for 20ish percent of the total cap hit onto their cap.

Wonder if the Rangers won tonight and the Bruins lose, if that puts any hampering on deals we might make assuming we were going to be sellers

We're not sellers IMO. I don't know why we would be. They've got an unlikely chance to make the playoffs but the real moves should be made in the summer.

We're not sellers IMO. I don't know why we would be. They've got an unlikely chance to make the playoffs but the real moves should be made in the summer.

Our only two UFAs are Smith and PDG. I wouldn’t be upset if we shipped them out, or Georgiev tbh. Even if we’re sellers, we don’t have much to sell

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Our only two UFAs are Smith and PDG. I wouldn’t be upset if we shipped them out, or Georgiev tbh. Even if we’re sellers, we don’t have much to sell

Totally sell on Georgiev. Heck maybe Kinkaid can land them a 4th rounder..

Can probably cash in on Smith, as teams are gonna want toughness on the blue line, and Smith has shown to up his game in the playoffs.

Blackwell is definitely a sell high type.

Does PDG have any value ever?

How about Rooney? Would teams want a 4th line center who can pk but can't win faceoffs?

Buch?

Next season has the expectations of playoffs. Trading Buch, Blackwell, or Rooney doesn’t net us much towards that goal. Buch is a top-6 winger and all of the other ones not named Panarin have been incredibly inconsistent. The latter two are cost controlled known quantities.

Though, I don’t know how likely it’d be Blackwell could replicate his success. Depends on the offer though.

He's not a scrub at all. Might want to check the guy's career. He definitely hasn't been the same since joining the Devils, but he's still a legit top 4 D man.

Vatanen can be a PP quarterback on the second unit and can give you minutes on the third pair, but getting defensemen has not been a strength for the Devils these past years.

He's not a scrub at all. Might want to check the guys career. He definitely hasn't been the same since joining the Devils, but he's stil a legit top 4 D man .

He's been on the Devils for 4 years. I'm supposed to be excited about his time in Anaheim? He's not legit top 4 at all. There's a reason he was signed for pennies and yet another reason why they can't find a trade partner for him even though he's only got a 2m cap hit and is a UFA after this year.

Vatanen can be a PP quarterback on the second unit and can give you minutes on the third pair, but getting defensemen has not been a strength for the Devils these past years.

PP QB? He has 5 points this year. Has anyone actually watched this guy play in the last four years?

PP QB? He has 5 points this year. Has anyone actually watched this guy play in the last four years?

I don't think they have this guy has been garbage this season and his best play for the devils this season would be if he never dressed again for them. Can't defend and he's certain not a pp QB be any definition.

I don't think they have this guy who has been garbage this season and his best play for the devils this season would be if he never dressed again for them. Can't defend and he's certainly not a pp QB by any definition.

Looks like New Jersey likes picking defensemen that can be at or near the end of their careers, like Subban. Vatanen, considering NJ's recent trades, would be dealt for a mere pittance.

He's been on the Devils for 4 years. I'm supposed to be excited about his time in Anaheim? He's not legit top 4 at all. There's a reason he was signed for pennies and yet another reason why they can't find a trade partner for him even though he's only got a 2m cap hit and is a UFA after this year.

His first 2 years he was pretty solid. Not sure it's fair to gauge any Devils over the last 3-4 years. It's been a shit show all around. We are talking about a waiver claim BTW. If they are going fir a playoff run, a veteran D man who can do a bit of everything isn't the worst idea. Is there a better option? Mete? Guys a midget.

His first 2 years he was pretty solid. Not sure it's fair to gauge any Devils over the last 3-4 years. It's been a shit show all around. We are talking about a waiver claim BTW. If they are going fir a playoff run, a veteran D man who can do a bit of everything isn't the worst idea. Is there a better option? Mete? Guys a midget.

There’s a one inch difference between Mete and Vatanen. Weird to write Mete off for being small when Vatanen is virtually no different.