• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#29) Rangers @ Washington Capitals // 10 Goals or Bust

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m going to say it - The is the quietest I’ve ever seen Ovechkin. Only time I noticed him was when he got drilled.

Sorry.

But shit, they played well. The difference was the Caps goalie making unbelievable saves in the first, and lucky bounces for the Caps in the third that happened to go to the best goal scorer in NHL history.

Nothing lucky about those two goals. Bad rebounds by the goalie, especially the second one.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I guess I should call them unlucky bounces for the Rangers.

If your low-end backup goalie only gives up 2 goals in 2 games, (or 2 goals against the best team in the conference) I think you have to be ok with that

I guess I should call them unlucky bounces for the Rangers.

If your low-end backup goalie only gives up 2 goals in 2 games, (or 2 goals against the best team in the conference) I think you have to be ok with that

Should have given him more goal support.

Not really sure what folks expect from him when a puck going five feet wide hits a guy and lands on Ovechkin's stick. You can probably argue that he was a little far out of the net for the save prior to the second goal but each of those - had they been saves - would have been save of the goddamn year.

How about clearing the damn crease? Take a penalty. Hold a stick. Jump on Ovechkin like you want a piggyback ride. Fox and Lindgren deserve a little scrutiny here.

Not really sure what folks expect from him when a puck going five feet wide hits a guy and lands on Ovechkin's stick. You can probably argue that he was a little far out of the net for the save prior to the second goal but each of those - had they been saves - would have been save of the goddamn year.

How about clearing the damn crease? Take a penalty. Hold a stick. Jump on Ovechkin like you want a piggyback ride. Fox and Lindgren deserve a little scrutiny here.

Agreed. Goergiev’s past two games have been plenty serviceable as a backup. We supported him (a bit) last game and not as much this game. Your backup shouldn’t steal you 1-0 games

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yeah, unfortunately Fox “turning around” (as vally calls it) is happening too often on those rebounds.

But still, bitter but, take away the positives, win tomorrow and its good

Not really. With a 1 gaol lead AGAIN for the umpteenth time , got a 1 goal lead and thought they could run the clock(40 odd minutes) rather than shoot the puck and go to the net. Really they somehow thought a 1 goal lead was okay vs. the Caps?

Yep poor coaching.

Say hi to Colum and the boys at Irish Times lol

Did it! They said Hi back!! Told me..."Ozzy, get your boys down here for a game!"

Actually, I'm feeling like the last thing you should be doing is "rolling with K".

Got called up on stage and did a wicked version of "Have you ever seen the rain"....you would've liked it, Pete! ;)