• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#29) Rangers @ Washington Capitals // 10 Goals or Bust

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lafreniere stared at the puck sitting along the boards with nobody there in the Ranger's zone. I don't know what that was about. Still seems scared to trust instincts.

Kreider just did the same thing... weird

When you watch Laffy's highlights from his junior career, it's full of him deking or muscling by defensemen and sniping sick shots past the goalie. So one can only assume that he hasn't yet adapted to the speed and strength of the NHL level. Let's give him an off-season to adjust his training and come back stronger next season and get his brain more up to the NHL speed of play, so he can put those skills to proper use.

He’s still a guy that likes to slow it down, make a play. This system is go go go. Dump in, cycle, wait for a broken play. He’s more of that possession guy, make a slick pass.

And he’s still a kid. But you’d like to see much more

Don Maloney didn’t think that far back and thought there would’ve been someone within the last 10 years when the game opened up

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Apparently it was against the Caps. Feb 21 1981

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/198102210NYR.html

For the record fastest hat trick in nhl history was 3 goals in 10 seconds by Bill Mosienko of the Chicago Blackhawks against the New York Rangers on March 23, 1952 – three goals in 21 seconds

Apparently it was against the Caps. Feb 21 1981

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/198102210NYR.html

For the record fastest hat trick in nhl history was 3 goals in 10 seconds by Bill Mosienko of the Chicago Blackhawks against the New York Rangers on March 23, 1952 – three goals in 21 seconds

Thanks I don’t see that record ever get broken

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He’s still a guy that likes to slow it down, make a play. This system is go go go. Dump in, cycle, wait for a broken play. He’s more of that possession guy, make a slick pass.

Yeah, dump, chase, cycle doesn't really seem to be his style. Once he adapts to the speed and quicker decision making of the NHL, and builds his strength, I feel like he'll have much more confidence to hold onto the puck a little longer to make that slick pass or power past a defenseman to snipe a shot. The whole build up to this season with training was so truncated that it's not quite comparable to other #1 overall picks making the leap from junior to NHL.

All I know is he seems like he's been skating in 2 feet of cow shit for large segments of the season. I think a summer's work on both skating and conditioning will yield some serious benefits.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk