• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Panarin Taking Leave of Absence Amid 2011 Abuse Allegations; Political Hit Job?

Morphinity 2.0

That picks getting traded, regardless. Sucks the draft is considered weak.

I'd trade off this whole draft. Just give the whole slate of 2021 away. Between the overall weakness of the draft and the extraordinary lack of scouting chances this season, I'd just punt as much to next year as possible.

If a team like Buffalo wants all of our picks in a deal, take them.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, after not skating for 3 weeks, Panarin doesn't feel ready to go. Are we really sitting here thinking the Quinnspiracy is refusing to play his best player? If Panarin felt he was ready to go and wanted to play he'd be playing.

Right. He hasn't practiced. He hasn't played in a game. He's probably gonna play the second game in boston after getting a couple practices in. Just like Trouba, Kakko, and Chytil did.

Right. He hasn't practiced. He hasn't played in a game. He's probably gonna play the second game in boston after getting a couple practices in. Just like Trouba, Kakko, and Chytil did.

If he wasn't going to at least play one game, I don't think they'd have taken him on the trip. I expect to see him the second game up there, Saturday. :thumbs:

Am I missing something with DiGuiseppe, fellas???

I mean, is he doing something I'm not seeing....because I'm not seeing a whole lot outta this guy, ....other than taking up space on that line. I don't know, man...I'm just not too keen on him being a regular.

I guess so, with one key difference: all of those guys were returning from an injury (or illness in Kakko's case). As far as we know, Panarin has been healthy during his time off. But I guess getting more than one practice before his return isn't going to hurt too much.

It's Quinn's awkward words "When he's going to play again we don't know" followed by he seems good physically that I find weird. But then again I find a lot about the guy to be weird.

Those comments would seem to indicate that his return is based on something other than being physically ready. But whatever it is what it is.

It's Quinn's awkward words "When he's going to play again we don't know" followed by he seems good physically that I find weird. But then again I find a lot about the guy to be weird.

Those comments would seem to indicate that his return is based on something other than being physically ready. But whatever it is what it is.

Maybe they're worried about Russian snipers?

Seems quite simple.

Quinn sees Panarin on the ice - "He looks good."

Quinn asks Panarin if he's ready to go, Panarin says - "I don't feel ready, I'll let you know."

Entire TEAMS this year have taken 2 weeks off and jumped into NHL games this year. In fact, one of our rivals took two weeks in between practices and kicked our ass all over the ice.

But yeah, dude needs more time. Got it. We sure got some cush organization going here.

My thoughts exactly. The season is close to halfway over. The Rangers could have been 2 points out of a spot if they won both against Pitt. Now they are 7 points out. The season is effectively over without an insanely hot streak that this team as constructed, and coached, is not capable of.
Making the playoffs has always been the wrong measure of success for this team in this season, made even more academic by the stacking of the division. I agree with Josh's assessment that this team is capable of going on insane hot streak, but that may or may not be enough to catch the Bruins, Caps, Flyers, or Isles. I hope it is, but the important thing is that they get hot, start to feed on and control the HP they have under the hood, and learn how not to waste that power by doing stupid shit. If they do that, the season is a success whether they are close to a playoff spot or not.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Making the playoffs has always been the wrong measure of success for this team in this season, made even more academic by the stacking of the division. I agree with Josh's assessment that this team is capable of going on insane hot streak, but that may or may not be enough to catch the Bruins, Caps, Flyers, or Isles. I hope it is, but the important thing is that they get hot, start to feed on and control the HP they have under the hood, and learn how not to waste that power by doing stupid shit. If they do that, the season is a success whether they are close to a playoff spot or not.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I agree with that, but I also thought they were more than capable going into the season. Seeing Zibanejad/Trouba regress down to middling players, losing DeAngelo for nothing, and being stuck with the bottom 6 we have is a tough watch. It's made tougher when we have to watch career AHL quality players (PDG, Rooney, Blackwell even though he's been solid is not a long term piece) instead of seeing more young blood instead. Morgan Barron, for example, looks like he could step up today and start getting some of that valuable ice time. Let Gauthier get 15 min a night on the 3rd line for 10 games. Shit, they let Howden get that for 2 years and he's not an NHLer.

I agree with that, but I also thought they were more than capable going into the season. Seeing Zibanejad/Trouba regress down to middling players, losing DeAngelo for nothing, and being stuck with the bottom 6 we have is a tough watch. It's made tougher when we have to watch career AHL quality players (PDG, Rooney, Blackwell even though he's been solid is not a long term piece) instead of seeing more young blood instead. Morgan Barron, for example, looks like he could step up today and start getting some of that valuable ice time. Let Gauthier get 15 min a night on the 3rd line for 10 games. Shit, they let Howden get that for 2 years and he's not an NHLer.
This was always going to be a season of two steps forward and one step back. Unfortunately, it started with a bunch of steps back. But they just won 6 of 8 before a really crushing reality check vs. the Pens. Now they'll get a lift with Bread back as they try to measure up against 3 of the top 5 teams in league.

We can talk about the details - for example, I think Barron will benefit hugely from having had a strong start in the AHL whether he comes up tomorrow or in the 1st week in May, particularly if his camp jitters we're as bad as Quinn says. I also think that watching high energy lunch pail guys like Rooney and PDG has been good for guys like Gauthier, for whom that bottom 6 role is his ultimate ticket. (There's no explaining why Howden is still here.)

But unless the Islanders and the Pens were going to play significantly worse than they did last year, the playoffs were always a long shot for the Rangers. There is still a huge number of both process and brain glitches to work out with these guys. And it's those steps forward that will measure this season.

Good for those teams. Why are we forcing him to play if he doesn't feel 100%? So he can get hurt and miss more tome?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

We aren’t “forcing” him to play. Im saying it’s on him if he is asking for more time after needing weeks off. You’d think he wants to get out there ASAP, you know, like most others?

He’s not risking injury. Stop. It’s been a few weeks, not 6 months.

There once was a player who wasn't really ready to play yet, played anyway, did poorly, developed some hang ups about it, and ended up in an extended slump. Went by "Zibanejad," I believe.

100% irrelevant. Zibanejad had an illness and he himself has over and over said he is fine. Panarin took a leave of absence.