• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#14) Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils // COVID-River Rivals

Phil

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My God, what an embarrassing low this season. Getting utterly owned by the COVID hungover Devils.

Even if you can't fault Quinn for Zibanejad's slump, the injuries etc. why bother prolonging the inevitable? Even with a fully healthy roster and Rangers playing to their potential, everyone knows Quinn isn't going to lead this team to the next level of their rebuild. So why even bother re-evaluating him in the offseason? Make the change now and see if it has any tangible effect on the team.

He's a problem at this point. Can't handle the puck at all.

He's really the biggest problem with the team. You lose him, he takes Kreider with him, there's a ripple effect.

I know the popular narrative is Quinn, but Zib is far and away the biggest issue with the team at ES and PP (and I say this as a huge Zib fan, and someone who's ready to see Quinn go if for no other reason that I'm tried of reading about it LOL).

He's really the biggest problem with the team. You lose him, he takes Kreider with him, there's a ripple effect.

I know the popular narrative is Quinn, but Zib is far and away the biggest issue with the team at ES and PP (and I say this as a huge Zib fan, and someone who's ready to see Quinn go if for no other reason that I'm tried of reading about it LOL).

He's an anchor. I know he doesn't want to use COVID as an excuse, but frankly there better be something to that or else the Rangers don't have a #1C.

i am on the fire quinn bandwagon after this one, i can live with the nonsense line juggling or the mishandling of players who should be seeing more playing time, but theres absolutely no excuse for a team that has had one practice in almost a month looking more organized and disciplined than this team, and that responsibility lies on the coach.

He's an anchor. I know he doesn't want to use COVID as an excuse, but frankly there better be something to that or else the Rangers don't have a #1C.

There's really nothing you can do but let him play through it. Maybe when Chytil comes back it takes some offensive pressure off that top line? I don't know.

Time to send that message to Zibanejad. 4th line.

Strome moves up to top line.

I'm done with Howden. Call up Barron. Find someone on waivers to play center.... These "top" forwards need to be held to the same standards as others who get scratched, benched or put on the 4th line.

The "leaders" on this team are non existent. I see no difference between now and a month ago. They look lifeless and dead.

I honestly don't think there's anyway this team can make up the ground necessary to make the playoffs in this division. Not the way they've looked through 14 games. I didn't expect them to make the playoffs, but I at least expected them to make it interesting.

When your 19yo, rookie LWer is taking faceoffs because your centers can't win them, there's an issue.