• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#14) Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils // COVID-River Rivals

Phil

He's a player who's depended on to score, and puts a lot of pressure on himself to score, and isn't scoring. Of course he's going to look that way after a game like this, which might be his worst as a Ranger.

I'm not ready to make the leap to "they have no team". That's a bit of a leap, IMO.

Agreed

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well sure. Most #1OA get first line minutes from the jump. They score a few goals and feel confident and that builds. Neither Kakko or Lafreniere did that so their curves are slower. They get less ice time. Less PP chances. Less of everything. But look at Kakko now compared to last year. Fucking lightyears ahead of where he was, even if the goals aren't going in. He's a beast. No reason to think Lafreniere can't grow similarly.

So. No. I don't think it's a problem. He's highly touted. He'll figure it out, even if it takes a year or two before he breaks out.

Bingo. Not many 2nd overall and 1st overalls come to teams where the top 6 are set already, with 2 MVP calibre players. When's the last time that happened?

This.

I'll say it again: Stamkos.

No points through his first seven games and a collective minus-three. Just two goals and two assist through his first sixteen games, total, after which, the Lightning fired Barry Melrose.

Rangers have played fourteen games. Lafreniere has one goal.

Yes but the incoming coach sat Stamkos every other game, and his off games he was in the weight room. Which shows he wasn't ready for the NHL.

This.

I'll say it again: Stamkos.

No points through his first seven games and a collective minus-three. Just two goals and two assist through his first sixteen games, total, after which, the Lightning fired Barry Melrose.

Rangers have played fourteen games. Lafreniere has one goal.

At some point you've got to start wondering if Quinn is hampering the youngest players' development. I get he's supposed to be a development coach, but is he developing them in a way that's conducive to playing in the NHL or in a way that's conducive to playing for BU in D1 College? It's not translating, whatever he is doing.

Kakko had to get an offseason away from him to put some shit together.

He's a player who's depended on to score, and puts a lot of pressure on himself to score, and isn't scoring. Of course he's going to look that way after a game like this, which might be his worst as a Ranger.

I'm not ready to make the leap to "they have no team". That's a bit of a leap, IMO.

He's definitely very disappointed in himself that's clear, but when you look at his body language when he's answering questions about the team, makes you wonder if there's even a team in the locker room at this point, a team that's actually playing for each other etc. Sure doesn't sound like it. Looks like they're just a bunch of players going through the motions.

He's definitely very disappointed in himself that's clear, but when you look at his body language when he's answering questions about the team, makes you wonder if there's even a team in the locker room at this point, a team that's actually playing for each other etc. Sure doesn't sound like it. Looks like they're just a bunch of players going through the motions.

Agree on that. But I bet they all feel embarrassed that Colin Blackwell is their best player LOL.

At some point you've got to start wondering if Quinn is hampering the youngest players' development. I get he's supposed to be a development coach, but is he developing them in a way that's conducive to playing in the NHL or in a way that's conducive to playing for BU in D1 College? It's not translating, whatever he is doing.

Kakko had to get an offseason away from him to put some shit together.

Nail on head again.
  • Like 1

It is time to scratch Zib for a couple of games and send him home to relax and get is head together. Just continuing to throw him out as the No. 1 center is not working and not likely to start working.

Team can't afford to do that. Their first-line center becomes... Brett Howden.

You can’t scratch ziby or realistically kreider or even Trouba. I’ve complained they aren’t help accountable while ADA has but I understand part of it from an xo standpoint. ADA is replaceable since he was so one dimensional. Ziby 100% is at his worst still a good “soldier” for everything else. Kreider...well, whatever. He could sit and I don’t see much of a difference. We have left wingers. Trouba is horrid but he’s still irreplaceable on this roster for his size and style even if he’s bad at it. We saw that tonight. Scary.

The coach of accountability and coin dispensing is running out of time. Maybe he should send a message:

Lafreniere - Rooney - Kakko

Panarin - Strome - Buchnevich

Lemieux - Zibanejad - Blackwell

Kreider - Howden - Gauthier

PP1

Lafreniere

Panarin - Rooney - Kakko

Fox

Strome definitely deserves to be on a second line. Especially with winning all of these face offs.

The coach of accountability and coin dispensing is running out of time. Maybe he should send a message:

Lafreniere - Rooney - Kakko

Panarin - Strome - Buchnevich

Lemieux - Zibanejad - Blackwell

Kreider - Howden - Gauthier

PP1

Lafreniere

Panarin - Rooney - Kakko

Fox

Rooney the goal scorer on the first line in that scenario. Says a lot about just how much water this boat is taking on. Nobody for the most part can put the puck in the ocean.

A must win game as favourites against a Covid-struck Devils team?

Yeah, there?s no way they win this game. 4-1 loss incoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

4-1, 5-2, its the same lol.

Glad I fell asleep during the 2nd intermission. What a complete shitshow this was.

Quinn’s gotta go

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk