• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#14) Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils // COVID-River Rivals

Phil

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't think there's anyway this team can make up the ground necessary to make the playoffs in this division. Not the way they've looked through 14 games. I didn't expect them to make the playoffs, but I at least expected them to make it interesting.

When your 19yo, rookie LWer is taking faceoffs because your centers can't win them, there's an issue.

Lets fuckin tank !

I honestly don't think there's anyway this team can make up the ground necessary to make the playoffs in this division. Not the way they've looked through 14 games. I didn't expect them to make the playoffs, but I at least expected them to make it interesting.

When your 19yo, rookie LWer is taking faceoffs because your centers can't win them, there's an issue.

There's also an issue when your franchise #1 pick has 1 point in 13 games, and the 1 point was a 3 v 3 pond hockey OT goal.

There's really nothing you can do but let him play through it. Maybe when Chytil comes back it takes some offensive pressure off that top line? I don't know.

Right. He has to play. There's nothing else to do.

But, man, the team has no chance of even being .500 at this rate. They don't have any centers.

No. That's not really an issue. They're not relying on him to win games. He'll be fine and develop at his own pace.

Only in Rangerland is it not an issue. We are so used to seeing the suckage that we can't even admit this isn't normal production for a #1 pick who was rated as highly as he was. And before you say Hughes, he wasn't rated as highly.

• Like 1

Only in Rangerland is it not an issue. We are so used to seeing the suckage that we can't even admit this isn't normal production for a #1 pick who was rated as highly as he was. And before you say Hughes, he wasn't rated as highly.

It's just not worth discussing. If you want to panic 14 games into his NHL career go ahead.

There's also an issue when your franchise #1 pick has 1 point in 13 games, and the 1 point was a 3 v 3 pond hockey OT goal.
Yep all a part of the many many problems. It will be great when he and Kakko actually start putting up points in addition to the others that have sucked so far as in Zib, Kreider etc.

I?ll never understand how professional hockey players can be so bad at face offs from top to bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Why is that really is a mindset when it comes to face offs ? Don?t they practice this stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It's just not worth discussing. If you want to panic 14 games into his NHL career go ahead.

It's not panic. It's being realistic. I didn't say he would suck his whole career, but something certainly isn't right here. Not to mention, the year right after Kakko fell on his face his rookie year, when he was rated to be NHL ready by almost every pro scout you could talk to last year. Me thinks coaching has a large part to do with it, not just "they're teenagers".

Right. He has to play. There's nothing else to do.

But, man, the team has no chance of even being .500 at this rate. They don't have any centers.

I think he needs to either take a seat or be moved down the lineup. Needs a break and less responsibility. Pull him from the pk too.

He looks absolutely gassed. He's burned out. The proverbial look on from the stands is definitely an option at this point.

How about really tanking and trading his ass? Send an earthquake through that locker room and let them know that nobody is untouchable.

and make room for Eichel.

It's not panic. It's being realistic. I didn't say he would suck his whole career, but something certainly isn't right here. Not to mention, the year right after Kakko fell on his face his rookie year, when he was rated to be NHL ready by almost every pro scout you could talk to last year. Me thinks coaching has a large part to do with it, not just "they're teenagers".

It?s all coaching IMO

Well sure. Most #1OA get first line minutes from the jump. They score a few goals and feel confident and that builds. Neither Kakko or Lafreniere did that so their curves are slower. They get less ice time. Less PP chances. Less of everything. But look at Kakko now compared to last year. Fucking lightyears ahead of where he was, even if the goals aren't going in. He's a beast. No reason to think Lafreniere can't grow similarly.

So. No. I don't think it's a problem. He's highly touted. He'll figure it out, even if it takes a year or two before he breaks out.

Pretty defeated words and body language from Zibanejad in his post game comments. It's pretty apparent that there's not much of an actual team in that locker room.

He's a player who's depended on to score, and puts a lot of pressure on himself to score, and isn't scoring. Of course he's going to look that way after a game like this, which might be his worst as a Ranger.

I'm not ready to make the leap to "they have no team". That's a bit of a leap, IMO.

This.

I'll say it again: Stamkos.

No points through his first seven games and a collective minus-three. Just two goals and two assist through his first sixteen games, total, after which, the Lightning fired Barry Melrose.

Rangers have played fourteen games. Lafreniere has one goal.