• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#12) Rangers vs. Boston Bruins // Baxter vs the Bear

High and Wide

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst there are positives to be had:

1) we can?t hold a lead

2) we have Trouba until 2026

3) PDG replaces Panarin over Laff and Lemieux in the 3rd

4) it?s a shortened season and we don?t have much time left for moral victories

That being said I liked Mika?s game tonight, another day he has a multi point game, the 4th line is gaining some identity, Lemieux is playing his best hockey in over a year, and Fox is probably a top 5-10 dman in the league. Plus, we gained a point late we probably didn?t deserve.

Now I?ve finished typing I?m less pissed but still, this is getting old fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Whilst there are positives to be had:

1) we can’t hold a lead

2) we have Trouba until 2026

3) PDG replaces Panarin over Laff and Lemieux in the 3rd

4) it’s a shortened season and we don’t have much time left for moral victories

That being said I liked Mika’s game tonight, another day he has a multi point game, the 4th line is gaining some identity, Lemieux is playing his best hockey in over a year, and Fox is probably a top 5-10 dman in the league. Plus, we gained a point late we probably didn’t deserve.

Now I’ve finished typing I’m less pissed but still, this is getting old fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Mika got chances, but watching him, he’s being so lazy. Especially defensively. The consistent effort isn’t there. Explains a lot.

They played a strong game. I want to lament offensive struggles, but the Bruins are one of the strongest defenses in the league and the Rangers were not without good chances. Rask came up big on a few opportunities for Boston and helped make the difference. This was an incredibly strong defensive game for the Rangers, though. The Bruins are much better than any of the teams the Rangers have faced thus far and the Rangers stood tall. Hopefully, this game leads to progress.

They played a strong game. I want to lament offensive struggles, but the Bruins are one of the strongest defenses in the league and the Rangers were not without good chances. Rask came up big on a few opportunities for Boston and helped make the difference. This was an incredibly strong defensive game for the Rangers, though. The Bruins are much better than any of the teams the Rangers have faced thus far and the Rangers stood tall. Hopefully, this game leads to progress.
This.

Game is everything you could have wanted against the Bs, except further Trouba regression.

Goat gets a goal, the kind he SHOULD be getting.

Fox was great.

Miller was steady.

Mika is getting better.

Kreider was noticeable.

Kakko was great.

Strome is getting chances.

We lost on a tough change and lucky defensive play.

What’s clear over the last 3 games is that there is real defensive structure. Building blocks.

I typically am a defender of Quinn

But why is he so opposed to giving Kakko and Lafreniere chances to succeed?

Laf almost sets up strome for a great goal. Next time that line is out DiGiuseppe is out instead?

Also Quinn’s line changes on the fly suck

I don’t get that horrible change at the end of the third when just the two defensemen were out and I forwards. That just can’t happen at this level.

This.

Game is everything you could have wanted against the Bs, except further Trouba regression.

Fox was great.

Miller was steady.

Mika is getting better.

Kreider was noticeable.

Kakko was great.

And yet Gauthier was rewarded with a whole 7 minutes of ice time. I guess Quinn just forgot to put him back in the game like he did with Kakko a few games ago.

Agree with a few of the positives - Fox as usual, Zibanejad was actually very good generating high danger chances, but he's still snakebitten. Miller good. Strome fine. Kakko looking more comfortable.

We only got a point because the refs missed a high stick on the GTG.

This.

Fox was great.

Miller was steady.

Mika is getting better.

Kreider was noticeable.

Kakko was great.

What’s clear over the last 3 games is that there is real defensive structure. Building blocks.

Right. I think it's a combination of finally having two reliable pairings and Martin's system taking hold. I can't even really complain about the Hajek-Bitetto pair aside from the prior game, they've been largely mistake-free. That Fox and Miller can anchor their pairings the way they do shows how special they are. We're seeing the start of two bright careers and we haven't even seen the other 2/3s of the Rangers drafted defense yet.

As an aside, Lafreniere still looks to be struggling. He had two good setups to Gauthier and Strome but that was really it. I don't know if it's his conditioning or he's tentative or he's just coasting but he just looks slow. I want to see some jump out of him. We haven't yet. We've seen flashes of skills and not much else.

We only got a point because the refs missed a high stick on the GTG.

They didn't miss it, it just had no relevance to the call given other circumstances. They explained it: The puck subsequently hit a Boston player and then was also knocked in by Rooney. Had it gone in off the high stick directly then it's a different story.

Right. I think it's a combination of finally having two reliable pairings and Martin's system taking hold. I can't even really complain about the Hajek-Bitetto pair aside from the prior game, they've been largely mistake-free. That Fox and Miller can anchor their pairings the way they do shows how special they are. We're seeing the start of two bright careers and we haven't even seen the other 2/3s of the Rangers drafted defense yet.

As an aside, Lafreniere still looks to be struggling. He had two good setups to Gauthier and Strome but that was really it. I don't know if it's his conditioning or he's tentative or he's just coasting but he just looks slow. I want to see some jump out of him. We haven't yet. We've seen flashes of skills and not much else.

He’s adjusting from being the best player on the ice every night, playing with line mates who can benefit him, to playing with guys like DiGiuseppe (no disrespect to him he’s been very good) and Gauthier and Howden

Bright side I parlayed the under with the leafs on the money line so that’s good I guess

They didn't miss it, it just had no relevance to the call given other circumstances. They explained it: The puck subsequently hit a Boston player and then was also knocked in by Rooney. Had it gone in off the high stick directly then it's a different story.

I wasn't listening, and missed that part. Does that negate the high stick pass?

He’s adjusting from being the best player on the ice every night, playing with line mates who can benefit him, to playing with guys like DiGiuseppe (no disrespect to him he’s been very good) and Gauthier and Howden

He's always been the creator. I don't think you can pin it entirely on his linemates. Lafreniere isn't really getting the puck on his stick enough and doesn't make clear enough of an effort to. I get that he might be deferring a bit but on the third line, he's the guy. He needs to be the one making things happen and not hoping the puck might end up on his stick. With Kakko now engaged, Lafreniere looks like Kakko of old to me.