• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#12) Rangers vs. Boston Bruins // Baxter vs the Bear

High and Wide

Agree on Kakko. He?s getting closer to being a problem for other teams.

Tough one due to Rask mainly- they would have been picking up imaginary hats for Zib last night had any number of goalies not names Rask been in the net.

Thought one.. fuck # 63.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooney played 12 and Lemieux 10:30. He is realizing in-game who should be getting more ice. I didn't look at any specialty teams time, but this is simply a case of Buch and Kakko deserving 20:00, and there's only so much time to go around. If we want to criticize Quinn on icetime, it's playing PDG over LAF when Panarin went down, which probably accounts for PDG getting 4:00 more than Goat.

Part of me feels like Quinn just says that so he doesn't have to explain himself to the media. He falls on his sword and we move on (well, most of us do).

I noticed Kakko had a couple of long shifts in the 2nd period, and I saw he was out there 1:27 on one shift and 1:10 on another. I know that's the period of "the long change" and it's hard to get to the bench, especially for RW's....but I have no issues with how Quinn's handled ice time.

I did notice how when Panarin was down, Laffy was in with Strome, they had an instant click....I'm gonna watch for that a little more as this progresses...Did you see that too, in the 3rd?

I noticed Kakko had a couple of long shifts in the 2nd period, and I saw he was out there 1:27 on one shift and 1:10 on another. I know that's the period of "the long change" and it's hard to get to the bench, especially for RW's....but I have no issues with how Quinn's handled ice time.

I did notice how when Panarin was down, Laffy was in with Strome, they had an instant click....I'm gonna watch for that a little more as this progresses...Did you see that too, in the 3rd?

and then he immediately got replaced by PDG.

and then he immediately got replaced by PDG.
Yes, exactly ^^^.

I don't care if they fire Quinn tomorrow, but Jesus pick your spots to complain LOL.

Making the fourth line right wing...getting the fourth most ice time...

after the team played arguably it's best game since before the bubble last year...

As a hill to die on is a tough look.

I’m not really sure what exactly the issue is. I don’t believe the point is that Gauthier suddenly should surpass everyone else. He played just under 7 minutes ice time. The lowest of ANYONE by minutes. Game before he played 10 minutes. Guy scores his first NHL goal, has a monkey off his back, might actually relax. Don’t think he got another shift until a good chunk into the 2nd. Seems a bit of mismanagement there.

Well, you definitely stay on message.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Well hopefully the right people eventually see it lol

I?m not really sure what exactly the issue is. I don?t believe the point is that Gauthier suddenly should surpass everyone else. He played just under 7 minutes ice time. The lowest of ANYONE by minutes. Game before he played 10 minutes. Guy scores his first NHL goal, has a monkey off his back, might actually relax. Don?t think he got another shift until a good chunk into the 2nd. Seems a bit of mismanagement there.

Well hopefully the right people eventually see it lol

Which of our RWs should have played less so that Goat could play more? PDGs minutes also account for Panarin missing the 3rd... Kakko played possibly his best game as a Ranger. The KZB line was buzzing.

I don't really get why this is a big deal for anyone. It's not really like Goat is the key to the teams success.

Like I said, more upset that PDG got the bump when Panarin was hurt, and not Laf.

PDG didn't replace Laf in that spot until about 5 minutes left in the 3rd period. Is it that unusual to hide a teenager from important defensive responsibilities late in a tie game?
Hmmm, I don't know... I thought I saw that immediately... Laf was being replaced by PDG on late changes.

Which of our RWs should have played less so that Goat could play more? PDGs minutes also account for Panarin missing the 3rd... Kakko played possibly his best game as a Ranger. The KZB line was buzzing.

I don't really get why this is a big deal for anyone. It's not really like Goat is the key to the teams success.

Like I said, more upset that PDG got the bump when Panarin was hurt, and not Laf.

I would not have minded seeing Goat get another shift or two after scoring his first nhl goal, see where that leads. His goal shift was 8 seconds lol. He’ll give him a turn or two on PDGs s not like Gauthier is REALLY a 4th liner anyway. He’s a 1st rounder that has offensive potential. If you aren’t rewarding him now, when the hell are you ever going to reward him?

I would not have minded seeing Goat get another shift or two after scoring his first nhl goal, see where that leads. His goal shift was 8 seconds lol. He?ll give him a turn or two on PDGs s not like Gauthier is REALLY a 4th liner anyway. He?s a 1st rounder that has offensive potential. If you aren?t rewarding him now, when the hell are you ever going to reward him?
This is fair. And Quinn acknowledged it and moved on.

I don't think it makes him clueless and in over his head.

They could have went back and forth. But as I recall the little give and go with Laf and Strome was maybe 6ish minutes left, and then the next shift is when everyone got up in arms about PDG replacing him, but that was 4ish minutes left in the 3rd period of a tie game.

I just can't wrap my head around all the ice-time complaints. Seems like mostly blind Quinn hating. "Why did he take Panarin off PP1?" ignoring Panarin's line was just out for a long shift and drew the penalty at the end. Complain up and down that Quinn's ruining Kakko and not playing him, but when Kakko starts playing his best hockey to date and plants him self in the top 6, that gets ignored and complaining about the next guy not getting ice time goes full blast. Its mindboggling. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gauthier on the third line soon, as Quinn has noted he liked his last few games and he finally got rid of the goose egg. I wonder what the new complaint will be then.

Things will bet interesting when Chytil comes back...

If Laf - Chytil - Gauthier is your 3rd line by that time, what do you do with Lemieux, Howden, Rooney, PDG, and Blackwell? All of them have been great as bottom sixers. Two are gonna get the shaft.

They could have went back and forth. But as I recall the little give and go with Laf and Strome was maybe 6ish minutes left, and then the next shift is when everyone got up in arms about PDG replacing him, but that was 4ish minutes left in the 3rd period of a tie game.

I just can't wrap my head around all the ice-time complaints. Seems like mostly blind Quinn hating. "Why did he take Panarin off PP1?" ignoring Panarin's line was just out for a long shift and drew the penalty at the end. Complain up and down that Quinn's ruining Kakko and not playing him, but when Kakko starts playing his best hockey to date and plants him self in the top 6, that gets ignored and complaining about the next guy not getting ice time goes full blast. Its mindboggling. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gauthier on the third line soon, as Quinn has noted he liked his last few games and he finally got rid of the goose egg. I wonder what the new complaint will be then.

If Laf - Chytil - Gauthier is your 3rd line by that time, what do you do with Lemieux, Howden, Rooney, PDG, and Blackwell? All of them have been great as bottom sixers. Two are gonna get the shaft.

It’s all a conspiracy dude. It’s just blind hating. In fact, I rarely have my eyes open at all when I watch. I sense the game using various Jedi mind tricks.

Is your mind less boggled now? Or are the different opinions still too difficult to wrap your head around?

It’s all a conspiracy dude. It’s just blind hating. In fact, I rarely have my eyes open at all when I watch. I sense the game using various Jedi mind tricks.

Is your mind less boggled now? Or are the different opinions still too difficult to wrap your head around?

I've tried to master these Jedi mind tricks, but they keep bringing the shot glasses to the wrong end of the bar!!! Dammit! I can never win!!! :rofl:

Dude, we absolutely have to catch a game together soon!!

• Like 1

I would not have minded seeing Goat get another shift or two after scoring his first nhl goal, see where that leads. His goal shift was 8 seconds lol. He’ll give him a turn or two on PDGs s not like Gauthier is REALLY a 4th liner anyway. He’s a 1st rounder that has offensive potential. If you aren’t rewarding him now, when the hell are you ever going to reward him?

Meh, still have to work your way up. Gauthier was picked 21st. Lemieux was 31st and also scored near a PPG in the AHL. Howden was 27th and had comparable junior numbers to Gauthier. Gauthier scored a lot of goals at lower levels being a volume shooter, but the other areas of his game were non-existent. By all accounts Quinn has been happy with his progress in those areas over the last few games which will start to earn him more time. At the end of the day, no matter how talented he is, he has to improve those other areas at least a little. He can either work towards being like Kreider, or work towards playing in the KHL with Spooner.

I totally agree, it's like whack-a-mole. There are complaints about KK's ice time, lack of defensive structure, and then when those things start to get addressed, it becomes complaints about the fourth line's ice time of all things LOL.

Meh, still have to work your way up. Gauthier was picked 21st. Lemieux was 31st and also scored near a PPG in the AHL. Howden was 27th and had comparable junior numbers to Gauthier. Gauthier scored a lot of goals at lower levels being a volume shooter, but the other areas of his game were non-existent. By all accounts Quinn has been happy with his progress in those areas over the last few games which will start to earn him more time. At the end of the day, no matter how talented he is, he has to improve those other areas at least a little. He can either work towards being like Kreider, or work towards playing in the KHL with Spooner.

I get that you have to work your way up. Scoring a goal helps. I wish he gave a chance to ride that high. If he gives him more minutes next game so be it. Great. Think that moment is lost though to some extent and I’m a little surprised in Quinn there. As a former college coach, I bet that kind of concept he knows very very well, but failed to seize the opportunity.

Think he eluded to it as others said in his post game