• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Fire DQ, Hire Brucey B, ????, Profit!!!

Postgame tonight he said Bruins have more men than us......kind of a cringe worthy comment to make considering we had 3 fights including Buch of all people and you have Lindgren out there refusing to go to the locker room.

I get the point sort of since I assume he means going to the hard parts of the ice for goals but this was the wrong game to say that IMO or at least in the way he did.

He's not wrong, but agreed that this is just something you probably shouldn't say publicly as a coach. That is something you say in a meeting with the GM and President.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I really really like Quinn as a person but it's becoming painfully apparent that he's just not the right coach for this roster at this time. When you compare against other teams, the Rangers with the team they have ought to be doing much better than they are. Some of that is on the players too of course, but under the right coach you have to imagine that players like Zibanejad, Buch, Kakko, Lafreniere could really be thriving...

Kinda jumping into this conversation late.

Quinn isn't perfect. I'm not always a fan of his decisions but how I've approached him is, like a young player who might make mistakes, Quinn is a young coach who is going to learn.

his Line changes suck (how often do we get called for too many men/get caught making bad changes and giving away breaks) and I was personally offended at his decision to give PDG the spot after Panarin was hurt over Laf, but I like that as a young coach he's got experienced assistants to help guide him. Hoping as the team grows and matures, so does the coach.

What are you seeing with Quinn that makes it worth having him learn on the job? What does he bring to the table? Is he some sort of prospect version of a coach with incredible upside when he puts it all together?

I genuinely don't understand this.

What are you seeing with Quinn that makes it worth having him learn on the job? What does he bring to the table? Is he some sort of prospect version of a coach with incredible upside when he puts it all together?

I don't think that's something that we as fans are ever going to see.

That being said, there has been no progression in 3 years, so I think it's pretty safe to say he hasn't learned anything so far

Yea that's the other big thing. I'm willing to look past the wins, standings and stats with a rebuilding team as long as there is some progressive improvement/growth of the team as a whole and a month into this season I don't really see that at all.
  • Like 1

Even just over the last few games there has been a huge improvement in overall defensive structure

Maybe we can credit Jacques Martin with that? But If Quinn?s gonna have to (rightfully) eat shit for the bad, the head coach gets credit for the good

I?m not worries about this team. The goals will come. We?re playing very well and I think there?s a lot to be encouraged about. Despite the last few losses too, we?re still just 2 points back from a playoff spot at the moment.

I'm kind of on the Gallant bandwagon myself. I think he would be a really good fit here, just a hunch. I think his work with Vegas speaks volumes of what he can do, considering that was an expansion team. He also did a pretty good job with the Panthers, I thought, all things considered there. With Quinn, all we heard about was that he was great with young players when he was a college coach, etc. Like Pete said we haven't really seen much progression from the young players. I mean, Miller has come in and played great, but I think that's more a testament to him than anything. Kaako has been better, but it's hard to be worse than he was last year. I just think that had a lot to do with him playing a lot of hockey last year and just being gassed. He's not necessarily lighting it up on the scoresheet, but he looks much more confident and has been very involved overall so far. Lafreniere I'm really not too worried. I think we've seen he belongs, but, just like the rest, he's been a victim of Quinn's line roulette where it can be hard to get your footing when you're being jerked around a lot. He's just very stubborn with the line management and it's pretty annoying. Not to mention all these years he's been here, the team still looks unprepared almost every game.

I mean, the only line Quinn has really kept together for the most part is the fourth line, and everyone there has been playing well. The bottom six in general has been pretty solid, including Blackwell. Rooney has been a very good fit and Lemieux has been playing some of his best hockey as a Ranger. I don't think Quinn is necessarily all bad, but I feel this is the one of the more talented teams in the league not in a playoff position and that's also an issue. I also feel like Quinn is still trying to coach the college game in the NHL and it just doesn't work. This year more than any I feel he kind of lost the room. We'll see what happens, I guess. If they lose to the Devils who haven't played in three weeks or whatever it is, you really have to start looking at it.

Quinn is going in circles. This team looks lost every game. They fail to do basic shit and make handfuls of mistakes on a nightly basis. There has to come a time you stop certain guys from doing certain things no matter how good they are. If I was coaching the opposing team, not only would the Rangers go 0 for on the pp, but I might get a shorty or 2. It?s like groundhog day with this fuckin guy. Let him go back to MA and not win there like before he got here to not win or get better.

i dont think the guy we want is available at the moment. not a quinn fan. thought we took the eakins approach in that we brought in all this young talent and he would be a teacher. all well and good but he's not teaching in boston anymore, he's teaching in the nhl.

i want no part of BB. Guys a meathead and everything in my mind this sport needs to get away from.

Martin has done a good job with the youth on this team. track record is not bad with him in the drivers seat and while he's on stanley twice he never got there as the HQ.

unless JD knows something regarding upcoming HQ talent theres not a lot available that blows your sox's off.

it's easy to sit back and scream for names but especially in this environment no one knows what's going on behind the scenes, larry included. at this point i'd rather make a deal for a grizzled locker room vet than move the coach and i'm no quinn fan.

growing pains. next year is the year we need to be complaining about if we continue to struggle.

keep the faith.