• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo Clears Waivers Following Fight with Georgiev; Won't Play for Rangers Again

Blue Heaven

Honestly, the people who can?t get past his politics are the people who support them. Every thread about Tony turns into this pathetic ?woe is me? ?cancel culture!? ?The world is soft? fake-tough-guy crybaby shit.

I wanted Tony resigned. I think most fans did. Definitely most fans on this board did. I liked him taunting the Bruins and beating the shit out of the other team. I liked his little internet show he had in the room. I liked that he scored fucking goals and looked like Brian Leetch out there at times.

What?s funny is that when I asked why people wanted to keep him, no one mentioned those things...

You mentioned other teammates fighting each other and dropped about 5 ?whataboutisms.? Dunny literally said he liked him ?because he owns the libs.?

I?m sorry to say but the people who are clinging to Tony as the victim are the people who support his politics. It?s that simple.

And you can say ?the voice of hatred traveled up to the complaint department? but you actually can?t prove that.

What you can prove is that Tony has a history of being a piece of shit to his teammates.

This is spot on.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah legit has zero to do with ADA and more to do with goalies being less of a sieve
If we're looking at the other teams shooting percentage with ADA out there, vs the rest of the D... He's part of the reason they were sieves lol.

Getting ready for DeAngelo and a pick for Bennett and Derek Ryan. Just my opinion, but I think it's coming soon.

To expand on that, I think Howden, Lemieux, and Gauthier all become expendable in a deal for those two if it were to happen and could find themselves included. They'd be redundant. Bennett brings the toughness we've been lacking with better skills than Lemieux and Ryan can actually win a face-off. A 4th line of Rooney-Ryan-Blackwell would look really nice and idk where that would leave Howden.

Getting ready for DeAngelo and a pick for Bennett and Derek Ryan. Just my opinion, but I think it's coming soon.

To expand on that, I think Howden, Lemieux, and Gauthier all become expendable in a deal for those two if it were to happen and could find themselves included. They'd be redundant. Bennett brings the toughness we've been lacking with better skills than Lemieux and Ryan can actually win a face-off. A 4th line of Rooney-Ryan-Blackwell would look really nice and idk where that would leave Howden.

Centering the 2nd line imho

As I poiout elsewhere. Fights within a team happen often. Kypreos and Maclean said it was more common than people think. Listed many locations of where they happen. Team dinners, parking lots, hotels... Can we stop acting like the guy did something so out of place with getting punched for a dig?

Benched for two games for showing emotion and bitching about shityy refs? When did this type of stuff become these almighty sins? I WANT players to show emotion and not take shit from refs. Are we forgetting how one sided they were that game? The guy was liked in the locker room. I found his jokes and post game mic work in the locker room as something that binds teams. He had leadership qualities in that he WOULD argue with refs. He WOULD stand up for team mates. He WOULD take over the game late and down by a goal. He was part of a pretty exciting offense.

In the end, I think he was too young and unproven to act the way he did. With all these "terrible" things he's done the last 3 years, if you took his name out of it and replaced with an established vet or former captain, this isn't an issue at all. If Callahan slammed a penalty box door. Its intangibles. If Brad Richard's or McD make a comment about a bad play to a player its leadership. If Avery has an off ice persona, he's a god... If Lundqvist blames his D for blowing coverage he's a King..

I feel that a lot of people couldn't get past his political views and that really drove their dislike of a young rising player and that voice and hatred traveled its way up the complaint department at MSG.

Listen to Mercogliano's podcast this week. He talks about Rangers insiders being pissed at DeAngelo in EARLY JANUARY for what was repeatedly described as "unnecessary attention" drawn to him and to the team through his social media presence. Perhaps the worst of it was - and I didn't even see this stuff - apparently casting doubt about the existence of COVID in a city that had been ravaged by death just a few months earlier. The idea that this was about a slammed penalty box door in a single game just sounds more and more like wishful thinking to put the blame for his removal somewhere other than where it belongs.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think with how they've been playing the last couple of games, and Shesterkin and Panarin mocking the altercation after the game tells you all you need to know, I think. Plus, I do think some of them are starting to get their feet underneath them a bit, which also helps. Igor is looking confident again in goal.

Did you miss the forecheck in the 3rd? Fucking fierce. There's a different attitude out there.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Outside of 1 or 2 games, their forechecking has actually been pretty good this year in my opinion. The problem has been, and will continue to be, subpar to bad defensive structure that has plagued the Quinn era. The goaltending hadn't yet been able to bale them out, but Igor is back to being Igor. It's really that simple.

Honestly, the people who can’t get past his politics are the people who support them. Every thread about Tony turns into this pathetic “woe is me” “cancel culture!” “The world is soft” fake-tough-guy crybaby shit.

I wanted Tony resigned. I think most fans did. Definitely most fans on this board did. I liked him taunting the Bruins and beating the shit out of the other team. I liked his little internet show he had in the room. I liked that he scored fucking goals and looked like Brian Leetch out there at times.

What’s funny is that when I asked why people wanted to keep him, no one mentioned those things...

You mentioned other teammates fighting each other and dropped about 5 “whataboutisms.” Dunny literally said he liked him “because he owns the libs.”

I’m sorry to say but the people who are clinging to Tony as the victim are the people who support his politics. It’s that simple.

And you can say “the voice of hatred traveled up to the complaint department” but you actually can’t prove that.

What you can prove is that Tony has a history of being a piece of shit to his teammates.

Nah, way off. Honestly, very few are going to want to seriously engage in a conversation with you when you type “ to the Tony apologists and hangers-one”

It’s not really genuine and the site spent 500+ messages already going back and forth about this already. Did you expect someone was going to take their time and draw oiut a long text answering you after that? And “fake tough guy cry baby shit” comments doesn’t do you any favors either to have an actual intensive conversation about the topic or make you look more objective about the topic.

Did anyone really need to say they wanted ADA because of his offensive talents? Isn’t that something completely obvious? One of the bigger whipping boys on this site specifically is Strome and he shares the same politics as ADA. It’s not always about politics. It’s that simple.

Some of us just think it’s way over the top to say piece of shit, cunt, horrible person, etc. Hell some of us are old enough to remember that the guy who took the last face off when we won the cup in 94 had previously spent time in jail for vehicular homicide. I can only speak for myself though that as I said once you brought him back this year, you were saying you’re willing to work with the guy since offensively he’s very gifted. To draw a line in the sand for slamming the door and playing like crap as everyone was doing 40 minutes into the season after signing him to two years is a mismanagement on epic proportions. To further complicate it, we don’t exactly have a coach that knows wtf he is doing, or equally holds players accountable, so there’s that.

ADA is a polarizing dude. Why can’t it just be as simple as some wanted to work with a guy longer that had the capability to put up top 5 offensive numbers in the highest league on the planet? Why does everyone on either side of the fence have to try to find this hidden meaning?

• Like 2

It's actually kind of amusing, I'm going through this same exercise with Jays fans and Trevor Bauer.

My take away is that anybody who deviates from approved messaging and behavior is just simply regarded as a "C*NT" or a "POS" and they're simply persona non grata, and they'd rather lose without the player, then win with them. It's a very different sports consumption culture than what it was fairly recently in the past. The players are the same, but the consumer demographic has shifted immensely.

• Like 2

Nah, way off. Honestly, very few are going to want to seriously engage in a conversation with you when you type “ to the Tony apologists and hangers-one”

It’s not really genuine and the site spent 500+ messages already going back and forth about this already. Did you expect someone was going to take their time and draw oiut a long text answering you after that? And “fake tough guy cry baby shit” comments doesn’t do you any favors either to have an actual intensive conversation about the topic or make you look more objective about the topic.

Did anyone really need to say they wanted ADA because of his offensive talents? Isn’t that something completely obvious? One of the bigger whipping boys on this site specifically is Strome and he shares the same politics as ADA. It’s not always about politics. It’s that simple.

Some of us just think it’s way over the top to say piece of shit, cunt, horrible person, etc. Hell some of us are old enough to remember that the guy who took the last face off when we won the cup in 94 had previously spent time in jail for vehicular homicide. I can only speak for myself though that as I said once you brought him back this year, you were saying you’re willing to work with the guy since offensively he’s very gifted. To draw a line in the sand for slamming the door and playing like crap as everyone was doing 40 minutes into the season after signing him to two years is a mismanagement on epic proportions. To further complicate it, we don’t exactly have a coach that knows wtf he is doing, or equally holds players accountable, so there’s that.

ADA is a polarizing dude. Why can’t it just be as simple as some wanted to work with a guy longer that had the capability to put up top 5 offensive numbers in the highest league on the planet? Why does everyone on either side of the fence have to try to find this hidden meaning?

This. Isn't. What. Happened.

They gave him a one year deal after he held out. He had a great year. They tried to trade him in the offseason. No takers.

Were they supposed to not qualify him or resign him?

They resigned him. Continued to try to trade him. He was on thin ice for months before the season even started.

Now, two games with him gone, it's pretty obvious a weight has been lifted off their shoulders.

It's actually kind of amusing, I'm going through this same exercise with Jays fans and Trevor Bauer.

My take away is that anybody who deviates from approved messaging and behavior is just simply regarded as a "C*NT" or a "POS" and they're simply persona non grata, and they'd rather lose without the player, then win with them. It's a very different sports consumption culture than what it was fairly recently in the past. The players are the same, but the consumer demographic has shifted immensely.

And some would say shifting for the better. Which I would agree with IF the shift is to get rid of abusers, violenence, criminal activity, etc. All that stuff is just ah ok for the most part lol

They weren't winning with him....

We tried Yandle. We tried Shattenkirk. How is ADA any different? We need defenders that can defend. His offense didn't outweigh his lack of D and the headaches he caused. Pretty simple.

They gave him a one year deal after he held out. He had a great year. They tried to trade him in the offseason. No takers.

They resigned him. Continued to try to trade him. He was on thin ice for months before the season even started.

Now, two games with him gone, it's pretty obvious a weight has been lifted off their shoulders.

Yes.it.is.what.happened.

They gave him a two year deal. AFTER the irrelevant contract stuff previously. Why did they have to tender him if they felt this way? Edmonton didn’t with Andreas Athanasiou. I believe Ottawa did that with Duclair, but I could be wrong there. It happens from time to time. If he was THAT on thin ice it made zero sense to retain him. If he were being shopped previously to not takers, that only makes it worse to have signed him, then pit him on notice.

Also, stop with the 2 game “weight being lifted.” They looked like ass in large parts of the game against Pitt with this weight lifted. They also shit the bed with ADA being benched against NJ. They had a stretch previously last year of like 9-1 with ADA in the lineup. This team is just a rollercoaster of inconsistency with or without ADA.

Then fire Gorton.

Yes.it.is.what.happened.

They gave him a two year deal. AFTER the irrelevant contract stuff previously. Why did they have to tender him if they felt this way? Edmonton didn’t with Andreas Athanasiou. I believe Ottawa did that with Duclair, but I could be wrong there. It happens from time to time. If he was THAT on thin ice it made zero sense to retain him. If he were being shopped previously to not takers, that only makes it worse to have signed him, then pit him on notice.

Also, stop with the 2 game “weight being lifted.” They looked like ass in large parts of the game against Pitt with this weight lifted. They also shit the bed with ADA being benched against NJ. They had a stretch previously last year of like 9-1 with ADA in the lineup. This team is just a rollercoaster of inconsistency with or without ADA.

The previous contract stuff isn't irrelevant. If they were that committed to the player they would have given out more term. They didn't. Everyone mentions how hey was the 4th highest scoring D. So how does that put him in the same boat as Athanasiou or Duclair? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Cut bait and lose the asset for nothing or resign him, hope he duplicates the production, and continue to look for a trade that gives you a return. Pretty simple choice there.

Yea they started out bad in Pitt...in the midst of the drama with Tony clearing waivers that afternoon, and management's press conference an hour before the game, and hey they pulled together in the third period period to win the game. Tony being scratched against NJ where they 'shit the bed' doesn't help you point. As stated during the presser, he reached poorly to to the benching...you know that whole dragging the team down distraction in the room thing. Last night he was who cares where and they played their best game of the season.

The previous contract stuff isn't irrelevant. If they were that committed to the player they would have given out more term. They didn't. Everyone mentions how hey was the 4th highest scoring D. So how does that put him in the same boat as Athanasiou or Duclair? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Cut bait and lose the asset for nothing or resign him, hope he duplicates the production, and continue to look for a trade that gives you a return. Pretty simple choice there.

Yea they started out bad in Pitt...in the midst of the drama with Tony clearing waivers that afternoon, and management's press conference an hour before the game, and hey they pulled together in the third period period to win the game. Tony being scratched against NJ where they 'shit the bed' doesn't help you point. As stated during the presser, he reached poorly to to the benching...you know that whole dragging the team down distraction in the room thing. Last night he was who cares where and they played their best game of the season.

No one is saying they were committed to him for 5 years or anything. Just his contract signed on one year show me deal isn’t relevant unless u want to say ADA was pretty team friendly by putting up 5th most points and agreeing before arbitration where he could have easily been given more money.

My point is very valid about the team whether you want to understand it or not. They are inconsistent. With or without ADA. That “dragging the whole thing down” doesn’t hold water when it’s two games after he’s off the team, one of them against Pitt being a game we looked like crap most of the game. Best game of the year last night lol. It was a good game but let’s not act like it was some flawless blowout performance. Good win but work to be done.

If you want to say they look a little tighter defensively, fine. But you’re creating a narrative none of us could possibly know based off one game, ignoring other facts of how well the team was in large stretches of the season last year with him in the lineup.

I’m not even sure why we are talking about this anymore. Spinning wheels is the mud is not exactly productive.