• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Henrik Lundqvist is the Greatest Ranger in History

Phil

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was even before my time, but Bathgate has to rank up there as well.

I think when you dig back that deep - Bathgate, Rayner, Bill and Bun, Lester Patrick, and Frank Boucher....it's easy to look at the numbers and the championships and all that to go "oh wow", but when you're in a six team league where you play a 60 game season with almost no extant hockey strategy - eh.

There's a reasonable argument for Gilbert, for Leetch, for Lundqvist. Beyond that, you're in the next tier, IMO.

He was even before my time, but Bathgate has to rank up there as well.

Thats the problem with this question, everyone has a bias for the guy they watched play in "their time".

I only saw the tail end of leetch's career for the most part (97 I started watching but I didnt know a pp from a pk then) so to me he wasnt as impressive as someone who saw him in 94 for example.

Stanley cup wins shouldnt even be a metric here, its an asinine stat when it comes to evaluating individual players.

Not to mention different eras of play...

Besides this is all BS since no one has mentioned Petr Prucha yet.

Jagr.

Brought a team expected to be last place and took them to the playoffs. No other coach has gotten so much out of so little on the roster.

And here we are full circle. Lundqvist because no other coach could throw Torts under the bus and have him removed :)