• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Georgiev is in Rangers' Long-Term Plans?

Phil

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to strike!! Ironic that we play them Wednesday night. We may face Georgiev! LOL

Anyone remember the game when the Rangers traded Doug Weight for Tikkanen right before their game against Edmonton?

Hopefully the Rangers get a Finn back on the day they face each other..

14. Toronto GM Kyle Dubas has made it clear that he won’t trade for a goalie unless the upgrade is significant and the cost isn’t prohibitive. And, if other teams sense desperation, they throw you anvils, not life preservers. That said, the Maple Leafs will explore the market. One under-the-radar name to consider: Jack Campbell in Los Angeles. The Kings have Cal Petersen at AHL Ontario, and he’ll need a spot. OHL fans will recognize that Dubas has traded for Campbell once before. He knows the goalie well. (One exec’s line as I asked around about this yesterday: “You’re eight years behind.”)

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-dustin-byfuglien-winnipeg-jets-contract/

Did you want Trevor Moore and a 3rd for Georgiev?

At that price, just have 3 goalies and figure it out in the summer.

Agreed. There are plenty of potential options in the summer: San Jose, Chicago, Buffalo, Ottawa. Maybe even Vancouver or Minnesota. Teams might prefer him as a young and cost-controlled option over one of the many upcoming UFA goalies.

One less option now for Georgiev....wonder if Gorton overplayed his hand or if there is something else in the works.

I'd bank on Georgiev going in one of two ways:

1 - A desperate team overpays for him on Feb 25

2 - He's traded at the draft

I'd be pretty surprised if he's in a Rangers sweater on July 1.

"Roger Dicklund" is not a verified account/insider. I can't find a single thing on his credentials, and he's listed nowhere on Elite Prospects. Take what "he" has to say with a massive, massive grain of salt. That account looks like a fraud.

Dicklund isn't listed anywhere aside from his Twitter heading as being a scout for either organization he claims to have represented. Just another rumor peddler with no real sources.

Let's try and be cautious with the sources we use this time of a year. Best to stick to the usual suspects.