• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Georgiev is in Rangers' Long-Term Plans?

Phil

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Roger Dicklund" is not a verified account/insider. I can't find a single thing on his credentials, and he's listed nowhere on Elite Prospects. Take what "he" has to say with a massive, massive grain of salt. That account looks like a fraud.

Dicklund isn't listed anywhere aside from his Twitter heading as being a scout for either organization he claims to have represented. Just another rumor peddler with no real sources.

Let's try and be cautious with the sources we use this time of a year. Best to stick to the usual suspects.

Yes, I know. Just having some fun. If I thought it was legit I would have made a new thread and not posted it as a reply to Dunny's Carolina mention.

Toronto just dealt with LAK for Jack Campbell and Clifford( some salary retained). It was for Moore and a 3rd Rd pick plus a conditional 3rd which can become a 2nd. All things depending like Clifford signing an extension or Toronto making the playoffs and Campbell win 6 regular season games.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

San Jose Sharks get: G Alexandar Georgiev

New York Rangers get: RW Kevin Labanc

Who doesn't love a good ol' fashioned one-for-one "hockey trade"? It either fills a need or alleviates a potential headache for both teams. Both players here are 24, and both are up for new contracts that'll represent notable pay hikes from their current deals. The added benefit of making the move now as opposed to waiting until the summer is that it gives each organization a chance to bring the player in, evaluate him more closely and figure out how he fits into its future plans.

Assuming the Rangers cash in on some combination of Kreider, Ryan Strome and Jesper Fast at the deadline, there will be a natural opening in their top six into which Labanc slides. It also clears room for them to play Igor Shesterkin, since Henrik Lundqvist isn't going anywhere between now and the end of next season.

ESPN writers trying to predict trades. This one involving Georgiev...

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/28647793/nhl-trade-deadline-proposals-six-trade-suggestions-teams-needs

Maybe Georgiev needs to be sent back down for more playing time. 7 goals against in his last 2 starts.

I'd say he doesn't even get moved and winds up in the A. Maybe gets a shot at the backup gig after Lundqvist is gone.

No reason for him to be here now. They've been trying to showcase him for a trade and it backfired. I don't think they get any value for him now or at the draft.

The second anyone called about him for a trade, they really should have jumped quickly. Toronto got a better goalie and a decent roster player for far less than what was expected as a return for this unproven kid.

Definitely disappointed in how this shook out.

Send him down, call up some forwards and let's build a 4th line that can play some minutes.

Maybe Georgiev needs to be sent back down for more playing time. 7 goals against in his last 2 starts.

I'd say he doesn't even get moved and winds up in the A. Maybe gets a shot at the backup gig after Lundqvist is gone.

No reason for him to be here now. They've been trying to showcase him for a trade and it backfired. I don't think they get any value for him now or at the draft.

The second anyone called about him for a trade, they really should have jumped quickly. Toronto got a better goalie and a decent roster player for far less than what was expected as a return for this unproven kid.

Definitely disappointed in how this shook out.

Send him down, call up some forwards and let's build a 4th line that can play some minutes.

"Whoa is me," take time.

Get a hold of yourself man. Nothing "backfired." They lost to a shit team. It happens. They clearly value Georgie for not shipping him for peanuts -- and they should value him. There's no rush to get rid of the kid.

"Whoa is me," take time.

Get a hold of yourself man. Nothing "backfired." They lost to a shit team. It happens. They clearly value Georgie for not shipping him for peanuts -- and they should value him. There's no rush to get rid of the kid.

When he fades into obscurity, and disappears, I'm sure we will always wonder what was on the table. I'm not sold on how good people think this kid is. I was really hoping to get something for nothing.