• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

GDT: [RS] (#39) Rangers @ Edmonton Oilers // The CK20 Deadline Preview?

Phil

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did I miss?

I thought this would be a good GDT to read after that shitshow and you guys didn't disappoint lol.

Shitty L but what a clinic they put on in the 3rd, it looked like Edmonton was a ECHL team. Would have been something if they could have caught one more lucky bounce and tied it up, once in 100 years kind of stuff.

Lundqvist was a top 5 goalie, with his decline

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/l/lundqhe01.html

he is at best league average, playing about half his team's games.

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/stats

Georgiev and Lundqvist have been roughly equivalent-we've had no consistency in net game to game.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/goalies?reportType=season&seasonFrom=20192020&seasonTo=20192020&gameType=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=savePct&page=0&pageSize=50

Sooner rather than later, time to get Shesterkin starts and see what he's capable of at NHL level.

watched on msg this morning,after watching through two periods ,i never thought they would come all the way back and almost tied it,panarin is unbelievable and so was the rest of the team.

all the years i been watching the rangers,Panarin has had probably the best start to a season,i dont know how he can duplicate the first half

It took me a long time to get to this point, but I my biggest takeaway from this game is that Kakko offers absolutely nothing to the team at this point. Even in a 3rd period where the Rangers absolutely dominated shift to shift, Kakko was the black hole where play after play died. He needs to go down and hopefully gain some confidence. I still think he believes he can sit on the half boards and dangle his way to success like he did his whole career prior to coming to the NHL. It doesn't work against these guys. He needs to find a new way to be effective and it certainly doesn't appear to be happening at this moment.
  • Like 1

Regardless of what they did in garbage time that was disgraceful. Roller coaster hit a new low in this one. Bummed.

Wishing you all the best of health and happiness in the new year.

I rep'ed this post because I totally agree. The first goal at 11 seconds should have told dopey behind the bench to change goaltenders as that was a lack of concentration goal. I knew right away we were done. Then down 0-3 before you could sit down, down 0-5 and being skated around like they were standing in cement shoes, I shut the crap off and never went back. Am tired of getting my brains bashed in when they do not feel like playing as was the case last night. Do not care what they did when the game is unwinnable, aka garbage time. This comeback nonsense is fans telling themselves to take positives out of a horrific game. Oh and did Crappo Kakka play last night? Or is his name Ryan Leaf? LOL. Another waste of a high draft pick. He stinks and adds absolutely nothing to the team. Wondering if he can be sent away so they can bring somebody better up from HFD, somebody that actually contributes something to the team that is.

How many of those penalties in the 2nd were actually legit? Was hard to see the video board from where I was sitting but seemed like the half the penalties in the second were the refs just calling bogus cause someone on the Rangers bench looked at them the wrong way.

The one noncall which was especially galling was Mckegg getting a stick to the face right before the Oilers' 6th goal.

Colin Campbell went off on Tortarella for his comments earlier this week. But the reality is the NHL refs are beyond a joke, as is Campbell. How does someone so bad at his job for so long keep his job? Problem isn't Quinn or Torts losing their shit, it's the refs suck. No consistency. Some players can do what ever they want (the Pens and Bruins fall into this category) and others like Lemieux get called for literally nothing. As with McKegg last night something is a penalty in the 1st, later in the game not so much. I reiterate; the refs are far from the reason the NYR lost, but they are absolutely terrible.

I rep'ed this post because I totally agree. The first goal at 11 seconds should have told dopey behind the bench to change goaltenders as that was a lack of concentration goal. I knew right away we were done. Then down 0-3 before you could sit down, down 0-5 and being skated around like they were standing in cement shoes, I shut the crap off and never went back. Am tired of getting my brains bashed in when they do not feel like playing as was the case last night. Do not care what they did when the game is unwinnable, aka garbage time. This comeback nonsense is fans telling themselves to take positives out of a horrific game. Oh and did Crappo Kakka play last night? Or is his name Ryan Leaf? LOL. Another waste of a high draft pick. He stinks and adds absolutely nothing to the team. Wondering if he can be sent away so they can bring somebody better up from HFD, somebody that actually contributes something to the team that is.
There are definitely some positives to be taken from the 3rd and the confidence level of the players improves when they show they can do that kind of thing. Certainly better than losing 6-0.

Agree that they should have yanked Georgie and also feel that Quinn needs to keep his shit together better than that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

There are definitely some positives to be taken from the 3rd and the confidence level of the players improves when they show they can do that kind of thing. Certainly better than losing 6-0.

Agree that they should have yanked Georgie and also feel that Quinn needs to keep his shit together better than that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Agree with all of this

Except the Quinn part. He’s generally been pretty good at holding it together

I don’t have an issue with him calling out the refs when they’re so egregiously shitty as they were last night. Schlemker and Walsh have been awful their last few games. These two were the ones in the CBJ game the other night when Torts flipped out.

Sucks that it cost them a minor. But I don’t have an issue with the barking he did last night

Caught that third period on Rangers-in-60 this AM.

1. Dreaded ?x?-goal lead theory proven again. EDM left the game at 6-0.

2. NYR could have quit and moved on but they roughed it out with effort and were almost rewarded.

3. Valuable learning experience for the squad.

4. Panarin?s breadman yeast is strong - everyone around him rises.

5. The chemistry with Strome-Panarin is real. Can someone else plug in too because it?s Panarin?s juice that gives the ?other? player life? Probably but also maybe not. Keep Strome at least a year or a multi deal if numbers work. (4-5 @$5.25?)

6. Quinn would probably like that comment back. Give him a pass.

7. Quinn should have pulled G earlier. Kick Q in the ass.

The rebuild continues to be laying a sound foundation IMO.

That Ryan Lindgren penalty for slashing was sketchy at best. Why single out one player in a scrum like that? Should've been coincidental minors and that's it.

Quinn was right to loss his shit on that phantom call.

And then a bench minor against a headcoach penalty? When was the last time that was called?

Both of those phantom penalties result in a PPG. Without that, this could've been a very different result. Refs definitely handed the Oilers that win last night.

It was pretty impressive that the Rangers even managed to comeback and get within a goal of that team. Can't wait to watch them crash and burn down the stretch and miss the playoffs once again.

That Ryan Lindgren penalty for slashing was sketchy at best. Why single out one player in a scrum like that? Should've been coincidental minors and that's it.

Quinn was right to loss his shit on that phantom call.

And then a bench minor against a headcoach penalty? When was the last time that was called?

Both of those phantom penalties result in a PPG. Without that, this could've been a very different result. Refs definitely handed the Oilers that win last night.

It was pretty impressive that the Rangers even managed to comeback and get within a goal of that team. Can't wait to watch them crash and burn down the stretch and miss the playoffs once again.

The Rangers were down 3-0 before the end of the first and 6-1 into the third.

It's really hard to say the refs handed the oilers anything the rangers didn't already give away.

The Rangers were down 3-0 before the end of the first and 6-1 into the third.

It's really hard to say the refs handed the oilers anything the rangers didn't already give away.

3-0 isn't insurmountable...6-0 is, though it almost wasn't. They only padded to a 6-0 lead because they were gifted PPs, which was a direct result of poor officiating.

3-0 isn't insurmountable...6-0 is, though it almost wasn't. They only padded to a 6-0 lead because they were gifted PPs, which was a direct result of poor officiating.
No, it was 6-0 because they were shit, the goaltending was shit and the PK was shit.

They didn't lose because of officiating. They lost because they were terrible for 40 of 60 minutes.

No, it was 6-0 because they were shit, the goaltending was shit and the PK was shit.

They didn't lose because of officiating. They lost because they were terrible for 40 of 60 minutes.

Why can't it be they lost because of all of the above? Why does officiating get a pass? It's an incomplete picture without mentioning the officiating last night.

The first period, the Rangers deserved to come out 0-3. They were completely unprepared. No fight/jam in their game. Didn't force the issue in the Oilers zone. Below average goaltending. As for the second period, they should've come out 4-1 at worst. The deep hole they found themselves in however was in a large part due to some very questionable officiating, at best.

Why can't it be they lost because of all of the above? Why does officiating get a pass? It's an incomplete picture without mentioning the officiating last night.
The first period, the Rangers deserved to come out 0-3. They were completely unprepared. No fight/jam in their game. Didn't force the issue in the Oilers zone. Below average goaltending. As for the second period, they should've come out 4-1 at worst. The deep hole they found themselves in however was in a large part due to some very questionable officiating, at best.
They got some bad calls that hurt them. To say the refs handed the oilers the game is patently false.