• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

GDT: [RS] (#39) Rangers @ Edmonton Oilers // The CK20 Deadline Preview?

Phil

They got some bad calls that hurt them. To say the refs handed the oilers the game is patently false.

Well, the refs gave them multiple consecutive PPs on pretty questionable calls, which directly led to the Oilers going from a 3-0 lead to a 6-0 lead. Effectively, handing them the game. The Rangers might have dug a 3 foot hole that they still could have climbed out of, but the refs dug the other 3, buried them, and put a tombstone on it.

• Like 1

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the refs gave them multiple consecutive PPs on pretty questionable calls, which directly led to the Oilers going from a 3-0 lead to a 6-0 lead. Effectively, handing them the game. The Rangers might have dug a 3 foot hole that they still could have climbed out of, but the refs dug the other 3, buried them, and put a tombstone on it.

Yea, no. A PP in the first period only hands the other team the game if they score.

The Rangers could have also played better, killed the penalties, etc.

Kinda like how Dallas went down early on PP goals today and came back... Weird how that happens.

Yea, no. A PP in the first period only hands the other team the game if they score.

The Rangers could have also played better, killed the penalties, etc.

Kinda like how Dallas went down early on PP goals today and came back... Weird how that happens.

Who said anything about the first period or a PP in the first period? Seems like you're arguing to absolve the refs for calling a bad game. Pretty sure my last post summed it up perfectly re: Rangers digging themselves a hole and then the refs helped bury them.

Comparing a 2-0 hole that was caused by a legitimate penalty, one that got Perry kicked out of the game, to a 6-0 hole is pretty funny though lol

Who said anything about the first period or a PP in the first period? Seems like you're arguing to absolve the refs for calling a bad game. Pretty sure my last post summed it up perfectly re: Rangers digging themselves a hole and then the refs helped bury them.

Comparing a 2-0 hole that was caused by a legitimate penalty, one that got Perry kicked out of the game, to a 6-0 hole is pretty funny though lol

Refs handed the Blackhawks the game vs Blue Jackets.

Refs didn't hand the Oilers anything.

Leaving it at that.

Yea, not quite, considering 2 of the Oilers PPG were scored on PPs that should never have resulted in a short handed situation for the Rangers. So yea, I'd say the refs ended up being quite favorable to the Oilers on the contrary. But it's alright, you can leave it at that ;)

I don't know dude, even the Oilers commentators were questioning those calls which surprised me as they're big fucking homers at the best of times. Sure seemed like either the coach of one of the Rangers players said something to tick off the refs because they really had it in for them in that second period. Full credit to the Oilers though, you can see why they have the #1 PP in the league. McDavid + Draisatl are almost unstoppable sheesh. Your PK definitely needs to be on it's A+ game to even have a chance and that's not something the Rangers had. But yea I do think the refs certainly ended up helping give the Oilers some extra breathing room in the 2nd period, which as it turns out took the game just out of reach for the Rangers. Better luck in Calgary tonight hopefully.

I don't know dude, even the Oilers commentators were questioning those calls which surprised me as they're big fucking homers at the best of times. Sure seemed like either the coach of one of the Rangers players said something to tick off the refs because they really had it in for them in that second period. Full credit to the Oilers though, you can see why they have the #1 PP in the league. McDavid + Draisatl are almost unstoppable sheesh. Your PK definitely needs to be on it's A+ game to even have a chance and that's not something the Rangers had. But yea I do think the refs certainly ended up helping give the Oilers some extra breathing room in the 2nd period, which as it turns out took the game just out of reach for the Rangers. Better luck in Calgary tonight hopefully.
Yea, I'm not disputing the shitty officiating at all.

I just don't think it's the reason they lost. They still gave up 5 goals outside of those PP and Georgiev was trash. So was the rest of the team.

I don't think you can expect to win many games giving up 5 goals.

Refs handed the Blackhawks the game vs Blue Jackets.

Refs didn't hand the Oilers anything.

Leaving it at that.

By your logic, and saying the Rangers PK should have played better, then the Blue Jackets should have just done better on the shootout or scored quicker in OT. What's even better is losing a second off game clock is considerably less likely to impact the result of a game than multiple penalties in a row, so weird example to hang your hat on. Either way, you can't have it both ways.

By your logic, and saying the Rangers PK should have played better, then the Blue Jackets should have just done better on the shootout or scored quicker in OT. What's even better is losing a second off game clock is considerably less likely to impact the result of a game than multiple penalties in a row, so weird example to hang your hat on. Either way, you can't have it both ways.
Agree to disagree.

Yea, I'm not disputing the shitty officiating at all.

I just don't think it's the reason they lost. They still gave up 5 goals outside of those PP and Georgiev was trash. So was the rest of the team.

I don't think you can expect to win many games giving up 5 goals.

They gave up 4 outside of those PPs, and the Rangers scored 5. I don't claim to be a math aficionado, but 5 is more than 4 last I checked. So yeah, it stands to reason they had a major impact on the game.

It would have had a large effect on Edmonton standing around watching with a 6-0 lead. Probably doesn't play out the way it did in 3rd if it's 3-0.

Perhaps, but unfortunately we'll never know what would have happened in the last 8 min of the 2nd and 20 min of 3rd because the Oilers got 2 gift wrapped PP goals.

They gave up 4 outside of those PPs, and the Rangers scored 5. I don't claim to be a math aficionado, but 5 is more than 4 last I checked. So yeah, it stands to reason they had a major impact on the game.
Oilers scored 7 goals. Doesn't matter if one was ENG. Their net was empty because they're losing. Because they were terrible.

And to Dunny point, they don't likely score all those goals without EDM taking their foot off the gas.

Bandwagon is emptying out rapidly in the aftermath of the debacle displayed vs. Edmonton. Imagine, all you negatrons, how different things would be if the NYR actually played a full 60 minute game with some real intensity. Throw in some physical play when dictated and some of the results we have seen this year would most probably be different. Watching this team surely can be painful at times. On the other hand, being the youngest team in the NHL only bodes for these kinds of performances when the so- called veterans play like doggie doo-doo, which on too many occasions seems like the usual routine. One could scratch a hole in their head pondering why some of the guys on this team are even in the NHL. Soooooooo, all you naysayers, enjoy your misery, for the next battle vs. Calgary may get ugly if these guys are truly motivated. Signing off for now.. Ta Ta boys & girls... getting ready to listen to the hyping NYR announcers as my honeybun likes to hear them... H.F!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzNZq4xH2y7BKX9Hfp6ZebTFdTpHAxFU_4KmWwSc89cE2ANwMKcQ&s

• Like 1