• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lias Andersson Leaves the Team; Requests Trade

Phil

Quality post.

"Competitiveness" is his case really turned out to be Whiny Bitch and it sucks for us. Hate being right in cases like this. Why he had to leave the team and make this public is beyond me, he could of voiced his displeasure behind the scenes and asked to be moved. He's just a guy that doesn't get "it"

He’s a 21 year old asshole. The world is full of them.

Probably best that they just cut their losses, get what they can for him, and move on. He gets a fresh start. Organization gets the bad taste out of their mouth.

But with the trade freeze there’s a little time that’s forced on this situation so we will see.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chityl

Kakko

Lemieux

Howden

Rare to have that many forwards with that little experiment in the NHL

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Chytil?jury is still out on him

Kakko?was not developed by the organization. Thrown to NHL aftee being drafted 3 months earlier

Lemieux?was not developed by the organization.

Howden?-looks like a bust to me. 4th liner at best.

Why did all of this have to become so public? If Lias and his agent asked privately for a trade, I assume the Rangers would have tried to comply. Quitting the team and going public should only have happened after an extended refusal by the team to accommodate him, and I doubt that happened. If you were to trade him straight up for a pick at this point, I doubt you could get more than a third rounder, seriously. Frankly, I would say to Lias, go play for a team in the Swedish Elite League for the rest of the year and next year, and at such point as you have showed some evidence of some value, we'll trade your rights when it looks like we can get something back. You like throwing stuff in the stands? You can throw your contract up there.

I do see a huge trade in the upcoming weeks that's going to be including Kreider, Anderson, and possibly Smith and or another.... possibly Geiorgiev.....hate to trade him, but I have a feeling that there will be a big package deal happening in the coming weeks after the roster freeze ends.

NYCKrash......LGR

Well, I think both suck, but you saw that somewhere? It was Edmonton that balked?

Yea, someone on Twitter reported but I can't find it. Hilariously enough, while looking for it, I found a mock draft of the Oilers taking Andersson at 22. Let that one sink in.

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2017/6/20/15815250/2017-mock-nhl-draft-edmonton-oilers-take-lias-andersson-22-pick

Yea, someone on Twitter reported but I can't find it. Hilariously enough, while looking for it, I found a mock draft of the Oilers taking Andersson at 22. Let that one sink in.

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2017/6/20/15815250/2017-mock-nhl-draft-edmonton-oilers-take-lias-andersson-22-pick

Yeah, I think I've said that there was a reason you got the #7 pick for a backup goalie and Stepan. That draft was brutal.

Also, Puljujarvi's Finnish production is being totally mischaracterized. It's not encouraging. It's damning.

Playing exclusively on the fourth line and getting only a few minutes of ice-time is one thing...but if your linemates on that fourth line are Smith, Haley or McKegg, it's just mismanagement. Nobody would stand out under these circumstances or could maintain his self-confidence. They just wasted him and ruined his trade value.

Playing exclusively on the fourth line and getting only a few minutes of ice-time is one thing...but if your linemates on that fourth line are Smith, Haley or McKegg, it's just mismanagement. Nobody would stand out under these circumstances or could maintain his self-confidence. They just wasted him and ruined his trade value.
If he stood out, he wouldn't have wound up on the 4th line with those linemates.
  • Like 1

You're comparing Taylor Hall to Chris Kreider; I dont see the same player. I do see the argument of the amount of assets they have already given up. Does anyone excite you from any other possible trade partners? Do you think a swap for Middlestadt and a 1st or 2nd rounder could happen?

Recall when it became clear Andersson was not a high end offensive force, we heard how he could be a decent 2 way bottom 6. Think in these terms; Andersson has fallen so far in the estimation of the NHL his upside isn't even seen as Jesper Fast/Oscar Lindberg any more. You cannot get much for a guy who looks like he's at an open skate.

Along the same lines Quinn said something the other night about not showing much direction in all 3 zones. Been an issue going back to AV; NYR are often very content with skating around the perimeter, passing to a guy who's nowhere near the net, and not force the issue. Teams have scouted that, and if you want to stay on the outside, or drop back and reset, knock yourselves out. Every pass means another thing can go bad or be defensed. That's how you get outshot and outchanced every night. Every time you stop rather than taking a shot, defense and goalie get a chance to reset. Heard Phil Esposito on this week's Duguay podcast bemoan the speed of the game, how you cannot carry the puck for very long. But these guys are giving max effort on short shifts, every pass that doesn't get near the net is another chance for things to go bad. Not sure if that means NYR have been drafting the same kinds of players, or Quinn's shoot more message has not gotten through. Either way there has to be some changes.