• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lias Andersson Leaves the Team; Requests Trade

Phil

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even now, when Howden sucks on the 4th line, QUinn moves him up and gives him offensive linemates.

Andersson wasn’t even given that opportunity when he earned it during preseason

I suppose that’s fair to say. You want to say that Lias should have been given a shot on the third line out if camp, yeah. I’ll give you that one.

But what does Howden’s performance have to do with Lias not performing well?

And what about Lias thus far leads anyone to believe that had he been given more on the 3rd line that he’d have done something with it?

I get what you’re saying. I too feel he earned more out of camp. As for Howden getting and keeping that 3rd line spot, while he hasn’t done much either, clearly Quinn likes his style and effort and all of that more as we’ve already discussed. And at this point, Quinn is starting to call Howden out.

Andersson has also played like ass in Hartford too, and that’s independent of Quinn or Howden.

Howden aside, it’s unfortunate. I didn’t like the pick when they made it. Shitty draft or not, you can’t pick a forward with minimal offensive upside at 7. But I still wanted to be patient and hoped the kid would succeed.

Hopefully they can end this situation quickly.

I suppose that?s fair to say. You want to say that Lias should have been given a shot on the third line out if camp, yeah. I?ll give you that one.

But what does Howden?s performance have to do with Lias not performing well?

And what about Lias thus far leads anyone to believe that had he been given more on the 3rd line that he?d have done something with it?

I get what you?re saying. I too feel he earned more out of camp. As for Howden getting and keeping that 3rd line spot, while he hasn?t done much either, clearly Quinn likes his style and effort and all of that more as we?ve already discussed. And at this point, Quinn is starting to call Howden out.

Andersson has also played like ass in Hartford too, and that?s independent of Quinn or Howden.

Howden aside, it?s unfortunate. I didn?t like the pick when they made it. Shitty draft or not, you can?t pick a forward with minimal offensive upside at 7. But I still wanted to be patient and hoped the kid would succeed.

When the only defense you have of a player is to bash another player... Well you know.

When the only defense you have of a player is to bash another player... Well you know.

Yeah

Look Howden is doo doo. And they probably could have given Lias a better opportunity out of camp and done a bit better in terms of helping him succeed.

But the bottom line is, he hasn’t looked like an NHL’er, and his AHL performance hasn’t exactly been blistering either.

Sooooo, while I won’t put it squarely on him, it’s mostly resting on his shoulders.

And leaving the team and asking for a trade, clearly Howden made him do that too.

I suppose that’s fair to say. You want to say that Lias should have been given a shot on the third line out if camp, yeah. I’ll give you that one.

But what does Howden’s performance have to do with Lias not performing well?

And what about Lias thus far leads anyone to believe that had he been given more on the 3rd line that he’d have done something with it?

I get what you’re saying. I too feel he earned more out of camp. As for Howden getting and keeping that 3rd line spot, while he hasn’t done much either, clearly Quinn likes his style and effort and all of that more as we’ve already discussed. And at this point, Quinn is starting to call Howden out.

Andersson has also played like ass in Hartford too, and that’s independent of Quinn or Howden.

Howden aside, it’s unfortunate. I didn’t like the pick when they made it. Shitty draft or not, you can’t pick a forward with minimal offensive upside at 7. But I still wanted to be patient and hoped the kid would succeed.

I stopped reading pretty early -

I don’t view Andersson as the stereotypical “4th line” center. He has some skill, but he’s not a play driver. He needs linemates to be successful and to produce. (I don’t think he was given that)

I view Howden as a stereotypical “4th line” center, well, potentially. Not overly skilled, but smart, hard working, not overly skilled and will get a bunch of points from random bounces from hard work. The type of guys whose production/numbers won’t vary, regardless of playing time or linemates. (Don Moore, betts)

You need to put players in a spot to be successful. Even Howden has been put in situations over his head, so it’s not necessarily the usage, but the difference in leash.

None is an excuse for bailing. Fuck that.

Understand you are mad... but who doesn’t hate shit about their job?

I don?t view Andersson as the stereotypical ?4th line? center. He has some skill, but he?s not a play driver. He needs linemates to be successful and to produce. (I don?t think he was given that)

I view Howden as a stereotypical ?4th line? center, well, potentially. Not overly skilled, but smart, hard working, not overly skilled and will get a bunch of points from random bounces from hard work. The type of guys whose production/numbers won?t vary, regardless of playing time or linemates. (Don Moore, betts)

You need to put players in a spot to be successful. Even Howden has been put in situations over his head, so it?s not necessarily the usage, but the difference in leash.

Understand you are mad... but who doesn?t hate shit about their job?

What would your ideal plan have been for Lias?

I don’t view Andersson as the stereotypical “4th line” center. He has some skill, but he’s not a play driver. He needs linemates to be successful and to produce. (I don’t think he was given that)

I view Howden as a stereotypical “4th line” center, well, potentially. Not overly skilled, but smart, hard working, not overly skilled and will get a bunch of points from random bounces from hard work. The type of guys whose production/numbers won’t vary, regardless of playing time or linemates. (Don Moore, betts)

You need to put players in a spot to be successful. Even Howden has been put in situations over his head, so it’s not necessarily the usage, but the difference in leash.

Understand you are mad... but who doesn’t hate shit about their job?

I’ll totally agree on your assessment of Howden as a 4th line type. Also agree that he’s been given some better circumstances.

I think when you mentioned Howden and “hard working” and “leash” you answered your own question.

They’ve both been shit in terms of production. Yet Howden has stayed in lineup on big club.

I’m speculating, but based on what we’ve seen, I’d be not at all surprised to learn that Lias has a shitty attitude and maybe is lazy in some way. I’d also guess that he bumped heads with Quinn and found himself in the Chateaux Bow Wow.

Now he goes to Hartford and does this?

Smacks heavily of immaturity and an attitude problem.

Clearly Lias hasn’t done much to endear himself to coaches and his play hasn’t done much to help him either

And now it’s at 2 locations within the organization.

Even now, when Howden sucks on the 4th line, QUinn moves him up and gives him offensive linemates.

Andersson wasn’t even given that opportunity when he earned it during preseason

As for andersson, let him play in sweden. No sense trading him for a late pick. Better off seeing if he turns into something in the next few seasons overseas.

Agreed on both counts.

And yet, Andersson's still a spoiled little bitch for leaving. Life isn't fair sometimes, but a son of a rich former professional hockey player wouldn't know that.

Agreed on both counts.

And yet, Andersson's still a spoiled little bitch for leaving. Life isn't fair sometimes, but a son of a rich former professional hockey player wouldn't know that.

That is my operative point.

I’m not disagreeing that maybe he wasn’t given the best chance to succeed in terms of how he was used or whom he was played with.

But given what we’ve seen, the Gold medal incident (which many chalked up to his competitiveness), the stuff he said in the press, now leaving the team and asking for the trade, all look to be connected.

No one made him do any of that.

None of us are in the room so none of us know for sure, but those all look to me like an issue with attitude and/or maturity and/or proper outlook, or maybe some issue with his effort or work ethic.

It’s pretty clear at this point that the bigger issue is within him.

I don't blame Andersson for leaving at all. He's 21. It's gonna be awfully hard for him to shake the false-starting and salvage an NHL career without a fresh start. Frankly, I'm glad he asked. It means we can finally do away with all this water carrying for such an uninspiring player.

I don't blame Andersson for leaving at all. He's 21. It's gonna be awfully hard for him to shake the false-starting and salvage an NHL career without a fresh start. Frankly, I'm glad he asked. It means we can finally do away with all this water carrying for such an uninspiring player.

It's the right move for all involved.

You are probably right

[/b]

That is my operative point.

I’m not disagreeing that maybe he wasn’t given the best chance to succeed in terms of how he was used or whom he was played with.

But given what we’ve seen, the Gold medal incident (which many chalked up to his competitiveness), the stuff he said in the press, now leaving the team and asking for the trade, all look to be connected.

No one made him do any of that.

None of us are in the room so none of us know for sure, but those all look to me like an issue with attitude and/or maturity and/or proper outlook, or maybe some issue with his effort or work ethic.

It’s pretty clear at this point that the bigger issue is within him.

Quality post.

"Competitiveness" is his case really turned out to be Whiny Bitch and it sucks for us. Hate being right in cases like this. Why he had to leave the team and make this public is beyond me, he could of voiced his displeasure behind the scenes and asked to be moved. He's just a guy that doesn't get "it"