• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lias Andersson Leaves the Team; Requests Trade

Phil

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravo PH. The mismanagement if there is any is with the pick themselves not how they've both played their way into the shitter. That's on them.

Mismanagement would have been keeping them in the NHL when they surely weren?t ready.

And what would be the excuse for the KHL demoting Kravstov?

I love math, and when 80% of your recent prospects are successful, you are on fire

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This was such a stupid pick from the beginning. Was also rushed - hope this teaches gorton and company that it’s better to have patience sometimes.

With that said Anderson is a prick. Didn’t get a chance my ass. Good riddance.

They reached on him. Going back to that draft, based on his ratings, he should have gone mid-teens at the highest. They overestimated his NHL readiness and his intangibles. Clearly they made that trade hoping that Pettersson would be there. I don’t think though that they rushed him. But it’s moot

The mistake was the pick. Not how they’ve handled the pick.

giphy.gif

Though I'm not sure I agree about the "he shouldn't be traded because he's young and cost-controlled," thing. Cost-control is a positive, for sure, but if you can flip him in a "my problem for yours" (say for Pajamas out of Edmonton), I think that's more than reasonable.

I agree with Phil and Pete here as well. I was also thinking like Phil about Edmonton.

Mismanagement would have been keeping them in the NHL when they surely weren’t ready.

And what would be the excuse for the KHL demoting Kravstov?

I love math, and when 80% of your recent prospects are successful, you are on fire

On D—maybe. What are the recent forwards that are successful?

Chityl

Kakko

Lemieux

Howden

Rare to have that many forwards with that little experiment in the NHL

Chytil was sent down this season . And might be sent down again.

Everyone is asking for Kakko to be sent down

Lemieux randomly loses ice time. And isn’t more than a bottom 6 energy guy

Howden ... shouldn’t be in the nhl and is given a long leash.

Not sure the point you guys are trying to prove.

Lemieux randomly loses ice time. And isn?t more than a bottom 6 energy guy

Howden ... shouldn?t be in the nhl and is given a long leash.

The obvious point is that these players were given a chance to succeed for whatever reasons.

Kravstov was demoted from the KHL, let?s go ahead and remove him from the conversation right now. His issues have zero to do WiFi ranger management of his career.

Man I look at that list in addition to Lias and the other guy and can't help but cross my fingers the ones left turn out to be something resembling nhl contributors. If they turn out to be passengers we'll continue be a bottom feeder.

Lemieux randomly loses ice time. And isn?t more than a bottom 6 energy guy

Howden ... shouldn?t be in the nhl and is given a long leash.

The obvious point is that these players were given a chance to succeed for whatever reasons.

Kravstov was demoted from the KHL, let’s go ahead and remove him from the conversation right now. His issues have zero to do WiFi ranger management of his career.

Yes, the Americans were given a chance.

Even Kakko was stuck with howden. Which might be worse than hartford

Yea Quinn hates Europeans and Russians.

Especially Zib, Panarin, Lundqvist, Georgiev, Kakko and Hajek who made the team over Lindgren. Also Buch who he gifted a top line spot out if camp that Buch "passed" on...if you catch my drift!

That must be it.

It really annoys me that Andersson and his agent couldn't have done this more quietly and not confirmed the request to Darren Drager etc. It reduces whatever value he still had. Actually, board members have been pretty patient, and it hasn't been until today that many have been conclusively calling him a bust. Gorton's off the board picks are not looking good. Stick to the script. Obviously, giving him 4th line minutes wasn't a recipe for getting him anywhere, but you can't give him top six minutes when he hasn't earned them, and he has never thrived in any of his three seasons in the AHL, so what are you supposed to do with the guy? I'm not sure what the happy medium is between the Andersson treatment and Howden treatment.

Yes, the Americans were given a chance.

Even Kakko was stuck with howden. Which might be worse than hartford

Buchnevich- Russian

Kravstov- Russian

Chytil- Czech

Hajek- Czech

Kakko- Finland

Andersson- Sweden

Georgiav- Bulgaria

Howden- Canadian

Fox- American

Lemieux- American

I just realized something, 75-80% of the league is North American. Our prospects have been overwhelmingly European.

It really annoys me that Andersson and his agent couldn't have done this more quietly and not confirmed the request to Darren Drager etc. It reduces whatever value he still had. Actually, board members have been pretty patient, and it hasn't been until today that many have been conclusively calling him a bust. Gorton's off the board picks are not looking good. Stick to the script. Obviously, giving him 4th line minutes wasn't a recipe for getting him anywhere, but you can't give him top six minutes when he hasn't earned them, and he has never thrived in any of his three seasons in the AHL, so what are you supposed to do with the guy? I'm not sure what the happy medium is between the Andersson treatment and Howden treatment.

Agree with all of this

Most of us have been very patient, even those of us who have said that he was a big reach at 7. That?s all in the face of him not being NHL ready when he was reputed to be, showing no offense, not performing well in NHL, and not giving really any production in the A.

As for the thing with his agent and giving it to Dreger, I get what you?re saying, but if he?s left the team, it?s hard to keep that quiet. All you can do in that situation is tell the truth, lie about it, or say nothing. Obviously you don?t want to lie, and saying nothing if approached is essentially a confirmation.

Now if he went to Dreger with it, that?s an issue. But it?s not clear that he did.

The opportunities given him were commensurate with what he earned based on his play and his production level.

Couldn’t get it done right away in NHL, went to A. (17-18)

Did ok in the A, went back up to NHL, did not produce much. (18-19)

Had nice camp and preseason, made big club out of camp. Produced nothing and did not show much, had little minutes and got sent down. Got big minutes in the A, produced very little. Has his minutes cut. Throws a bitch fit, leaves team, asks for trade. (19-20)

They’ve done exactly what you’d expect them to do with a player of his age, ability, and level of performance.

He hasn’t done well with what opportunities he’s had.

Whether he liked it or not, getting sent down to Hartford but getting big minutes down there was an opportunity. He just didn’t do much, so he fell down the lineup and saw his minutes get cut.

It has nothing to do with him not getting an opportunity.

He just hasn’t performed well.

And clearly his head is not in the right place.

Yea Quinn hates Europeans and Russians.

Especially Zib, Panarin, Lundqvist, Georgiev, Kakko and Hajek who made the team over Lindgren. Also Buch who he gifted a top line spot out if camp that Buch "passed" on...if you catch my drift!

That must be it.

DQ is going to play "known commodities" over "unknown" and the fact that he's from the college ranks, he's wants more "sandpaper" players than "finesse" players.

The opportunities given him were commensurate with what he earned based on his play and his production level.

Couldn’t get it done right away in NHL, went to A. (17-18)

Did ok in the A, went back up to NHL, did not produce much. (18-19)

Had nice camp and preseason, made big club out of camp. Produced nothing and did not show much, had little minutes and got sent down. Got big minutes in the A, produced very little. Has his minutes cut. Throws a bitch fit, leaves team, asks for trade. (19-20)

They’ve done exactly what you’d expect them to do with a player of his age, ability, and level of performance.

He hasn’t done well with what opportunities he’s had.

Whether he liked it or not, getting sent down to Hartford but getting big minutes down there was an opportunity. He just didn’t do much, so he fell down the lineup and saw his minutes get cut.

It has nothing to do with him not getting an opportunity.

He just hasn’t performed well.

And clearly his head is not in the right place.

Even now, when Howden sucks on the 4th line, QUinn moves him up and gives him offensive linemates.

Andersson wasn’t even given that opportunity when he earned it during preseason