• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Fox

Fatfrancesa

I was thinking about starting a positive Fox thread after last game. I'm surprised there's some dissenters. The kid has unbelievable poise with the puck. He makes creative outlet passes that I don't think most dmen see. No, he's not racking up points, but I think it's obvious that will come with time.

The thing that surprises me most is his defensive zone play. He's been very steady where I thought he'd need work.

This complaining about 2nd round picks is not worth the effort. The kid is good now. He deserves to be in the NHL and he's better now than anyone we'd be drafting.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His stats? 2 points? He plays sheltered minutes. That matters. I’m not arguing he’s awful. You think he’s the best defenseman. That’s great. I don’t agree. Move on.

You can't just go by his points stats, look at the rest of them. Yes he plays sheltered minutes, and I honestly think he should play more, but when he is out there, he has played very well.

I (hypothetically)sent him down to shield him from a shit ton of losing. You're (realistically) sending him down because you don't think he's worth a 2nd rounder, that's not at all the same conversation.

Oh your posts aren’t serious they are hypothetical while mine are realistic. I got it.

Oh your posts aren?t serious they are hypothetical while mine are realistic. I got it.
Well, I clearly said mine was hypothetical.

Based on all of your responses we have to believe that you were serious. If you weren't being serious and you were only being hypothetical, then now is your chance to say so instead of getting an attitude.

Well, I clearly said mine was hypothetical.

Based on all of your responses we have to believe that you were serious. If you weren't being serious and you were only being hypothetical, then now is your chance to say so instead of getting an attitude.

Serious about what that he’s not their 3rd best player or best defenseman? Yes I’m serious. That’s he’s been ok, yes I’m serious. That I’m complaining about fox? That’s made up shit. Fox being here or not makes zero difference to this team. They suck with or without him. What is better for his development? I admittedly don’t know. If there is little difference for development sake I’d rather keep the higher draft pick. If sending him to Hartford here and there say because the condition was 50-60 games it would have been doable. 30 games is not. Which is why I backed off.

Serious about what that he?s not their 3rd best player or best defenseman? Yes I?m serious. That?s he?s been ok, yes I?m serious. That I?m complaining about fox? That?s made up shit. Fox being here or not makes zero difference to this team. They suck with or without him. What is better for his development? I admittedly don?t know. If there is little difference for development sake I?d rather keep the higher draft pick. If sending him to Hartford here and there say because the condition was 50-60 games it would have been doable. 30 games is not. Which is why I backed off.
I see. Thanks for explaining.

What barometers are you using to judge who's play is better than who?

not sure i'd say that he's our 3rd best player on the team. before the goal he was fairly invisible with a good stick-handling move here or there.

im not sure how one can compare a forward to a defenseman, but I think Hajek and Trouba have been our best defensemen thus far. Fox has been solid in the times he's on the ice, but im not sure he's our best d-man yet.

His stats? 2 points? He plays sheltered minutes. That matters. I?m not arguing he?s awful. You think he?s the best defenseman. That?s great. I don?t agree. Move on.

What about his minutes are sheltered? He just doesn't get top PP time on the team. He has an offensive zone start percentage of 29.63% which is lowest on the team behind only Hajek. He's been tasked with defensive situations at 5v5 especially because he was paired with Staal. DeAngelo has a 55.81% offensive zone start percentage. I would expect him to be able to score more when he's already in the offensive zone for more draws.

I think The point is that?that 2nd could easily be in the 30?s or essentially a late 1st Rd pick because there are always guys who unexpectedly drop.

The 2nd point is that the presumption from the media was that Fox only wanted to play for us, having refused to sign with Calgary and Carolina. All we had to do was wait 1 more year. We certainly didn?t have to give Carolina both a 2nd and a 3rd which we all know is now another 2nd. Whether the media was right or wrong we will never know, some will say we could have kept our 2-2nd Round picks and signed Fox when he became a free agent, only had to wait 1 more year. or others will say Fox was worth giving up 2-2nds because there?s always the chance that he doesn?t come here in free agency.

( I agree with the person who compared him to Ellis, he?s smallish, not physical, not fast but he?s a good puck handlers and passer and has really good anticipation).

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think one more year of maturity is going to do Fox a world of good.

Once this kid gets in the gym for an entire off season, I figure he's going to be a beast.

He's going to be 22 years old in February...still a kid

He's 5' 11" ... not tiny by any means

181 lbs...nothing a couple of trips to White Castle can't fix ;)

Look at the difference in Lias Anderson this season...Fox might damn well consider going that same off season route, and he's going to be a very solid player for us. Maybe not a superstar, be very serviceable for sure.

Funny, we used to lose our minds when the Rangers were handing out no 1 piCks like Candy. Now some are losing their minds because a three might turn into a two?

and for a guy that looks like a steal that we got in what i consider to be a loophole in the CBA.

outstanding.

Loophole in the CBA?

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think The point is that—that 2nd could easily be in the 30’s or essentially a late 1st Rd pick because there are always guys who unexpectedly drop.

The 2nd point is that the presumption from the media was that Fox only wanted to play for us, having refused to sign with Calgary and Carolina. All we had to do was wait 1 more year. We certainly didn’t have to give Carolina both a 2nd and a 3rd which we all know is now another 2nd. Whether the media was right or wrong we will never know, some will say we could have kept our 2-2nd Round picks and signed Fox when he became a free agent, only had to wait 1 more year. or others will say Fox was worth giving up 2-2nds because there’s always the chance that he doesn’t come here in free agency.

( I agree with the person who compared him to Ellis, he’s smallish, not physical, not fast but he’s a good puck handlers and passer and has really good anticipation).

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

A 2nd in the NHL isn’t like a 2nd in the NFL.

After like #15-20 in the 1st round it’s essentially a total crap shoot, in terms of odds at least, that you’ll get a player who becomes a meaningful contributor at the NHL level. Scouting and deep drafts make them a little more likely, but still very hard when you’re talking about 18 year old kids