• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#34) Rangers @ Toronto Maple Leafs// Like Lambs to the Slaughter

Morphinity 2.0

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed, they're possibly the best pond hockey team off all time, though.

Toronto.... Calgary... pond hockey seems to be working pretty well for them in the regular season. They can always alter their system in the playoffs. Or not. Would be refreshing to see playoff teams that aren't rigid like Tortorella's NYR/Columbus squads. The NHL takes time to adjust to new approaches. Interesting given a 7 game series, scouting, film study, etc, which players/system wins out. And who gets the puck luck.

Perhaps, but on the other hand they let our plucky little rebuild back in the game three times, in the end with one big save or Buch not shanking an admittedly difficult conversion they tie it up.

They can't really defend, and they've never really attempted to address this from out of house.

Chytil was full stride, too.

With Chytil/Kravtsov/Kreider and I dare dream Panarin you're going to put defences under big pressure on transition. Kinda like the Leafs do.

Howden was good, and I thought Andersson was also good on that line that put the shakey Leaf D under stress in the second half.

There's lots to like here.

I had to listen to this game on the Toronto radio broadcast. They kept pronouncing Pionk "Peeyonick". It took me about 4 times before I understood who they were talking about. I haven't seen any of the highlights of the game but they certainly said Peeyonick a lot for good or bad.

That play by Chytil should show the stark difference between his skillset and Lias or Howden.

Much higher ceiling, and it's not even close, IMO.

I don’t think anyone’s ever doubted that Chytil was the best prospect in our system except for maybe the day we drafted him and people had no clue who he was lol. That said I think Chytil should be playing center and hopefully he is once trades are made.

Not about who had a good game. It's about the exhibit of high end skill and being able to take the puck to the net in dangerous way, not just chucking it.

Agreed.

That being said, i love what Howden and Chytil are doing this year.

Howden a much simpler game, and a potential solid 3rd like center.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I had to listen to this game on the Toronto radio broadcast. They kept pronouncing Pionk "Peeyonick". It took me about 4 times before I understood who they were talking about. I haven't seen any of the highlights of the game but they certainly said Peeyonick a lot for good or bad.

Holy Mackinaw

That play by Chytil should show the stark difference between his skillset and Lias or Howden.

Much higher ceiling, and it's not even close, IMO.

It's not just IYO.

Chytil is a guy with high-end talent and tremendous upside. A top line playmaker if he pans out. The other two are very different players. Solid, dependable 2-way types. Good players to have, sure, but neither are likely to be game breakers.

I don't think there can be any argument as to who has the higher ceiling and it's been pretty obvious for a while.

It's not just IYO.

Chytil is a guy with high-end talent and tremendous upside. A top line playmaker if he pans out. The other two are very different players. Solid, dependable 2-way types. Good players to have, sure, but neither are likely to be game breakers.

I don't think there can be any argument as to who has the higher ceiling and it's been pretty obvious for a while.

Apparently it's not obvious to everyone because we're talking about not capping players ceilings after 30 games.

So of we agree Chytil ceiling higher than others, and if you optimistically see Cytil as a P/G player, you can look down the line and be realistic about the other 2.

That means, IMO, Howden peaks as a great 3rd line center but a weak 2nd line center. Not even sure about Lias yet.

Archived